• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy coming to WiiU VC...possibly.

Rich!

It's definitely legit - its available as viewable via the NUS downloader.

These titles are 100% on the NUS database.

Rich!

Well that about settles the whole Twilight Princess thing. Just another batch of Wii VC games.

What? No.

00050000-1019C800 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Twilight Princess HD

Reading is hard it seems. Theres a significant difference between TP and the others.

Edit: ha, seems like you noticed.

Neoxon

Not surprised by the inclusion of Galaxy 1 considering that Galaxy 2 is already on the Wii Virtual Console. Though I suppose this confirms that the Twilight Princess icon is for Twilight Princess HD.

udivision

Even if it's just a powerpoint presenation with no one speaking, and just slides with announcements and clips of gameplay...

Nintendo, put out a direct!

I don't understand this thread. Super Mario Galaxy is on the Wii U VC... In Japan.

If somebody could please explain to me more clearly what the OP is saying then that would be great.

EDIT: Or is this something else entirely? I dun get it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Nintendo...

giphy.gif

I don't understand this thread. Super Mario Galaxy is on the Wii U VC... In Japan.

If somebody could please explain to me more clearly what the OP is saying then that would be great.

It's on the Japanese eShop but not the American one. Just Galaxy 2 for now.

Rich!

It is on Japanese Wii U eShop, so most likely legit.

It's basically further evidence that Twilight Princess HD is real, as if the fact it's clearly on the NUS isn't evidence enough.

Peltz

Super Mario Universe: Galaxy 1 and 2 HD collection

Nintendo please

I honestly don't know if Wii U is powerful enough to be able to run those games in 1080p. They're not as simple as TP or WW.

They're double the framerate with more complex physics and geometry.

Of course, I'd adore them if given the treatment.

<nitpick>
Guys, stop saying VC, there are no Wii games on the VC, just the eShop.
</nitpick>

Ok fine, I'll stop.

And not surprising, Mario Galaxy has been out in Japan for months now.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Love Galaxy but more hyped for TP HD.

Mit-

E3 this year, prepare for disappointment since it was one of their lower end events.
And prepare to be sad because Iwata is a puppet because he was terminally ill :(

The event is really great to me in retrospect : Well done Muppets and a great way to keep things light in spite of sad times.

Garraboa

I'm more flabbergasted at Mario VS Donkey Kong still being absent from NA Shop. Finding out recently that JP has had it for more than a year made me so livid...

entremet

Nintendo's region discrepancy with the virtual console is so weird.

These are games they owned out right. They are not licensed titles.

Eteric Rice

I wish they'd just do an HD version of 1 and 2. I'd buy the shit out of them. The games were beautiful in 480p, but in 1080p I can't even imagine.

I rather see Super Mario Galaxy I&II HD. I still enjoy TP a lot, but I feel like SMGs are better games.

I wonder how extensive this HD remake would be? I know in Wind Waker, they did more than just make it HD. They redid the lighting, textures, and shadows. TP has so many more complicated textures, but they obviously can't hold up in HD.

Top Bottom