• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy not delayed in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polari

Hey guys, remember when Miyamoto promised that Galaxy would be at launch and if not at launch in the six months following?

You can't say the man doesn't have a sense of humour.

xbhaskarx

Delayed to add more gay-ness (Is that joke played out already?).
No seriously, that sucks, I'm sorry for all the Nintendo fans as this looks like a great game.
Doesn't effect me though because I'm not getting a Wii until next year probably.

guidop

Lobster said:
Brawl was never going to make into Australia or Europe before 08. It only launches in America December 2. Prime 3 and Galaxy for Europe and Australia.

yeah i know but you'd think that not getting brawl in 07 Nintendo would try extra hard to get Galaxy out to us asap.

jepense

It's a very weird date to launch such a huge game. I'd like to think it's a placeholder, i.e., they are delaying it to December, but haven't decided the exact date. Sucks anyway.

legend166

Polari said:
Hey guys, remember when Miyamoto promised that Galaxy would be at launch and if not at launch in the six months following?

It's one thing to delay the game to, well, finish it. It's another thing to delay it for no reason because you're completely retarded.

NoE are completely retarded.

I still don't think this is true though.

Zeppu

What sucks more for me is that MaltaPost literally *breaks* during the Christmas season so I won't be having this delivered to me until late january.

Fabiollo

Salmon said:
darth vader nooooooooooo image

Damn, beaten. Worst gaming news in a long while. First Super Paper Mario, now Mario Galaxy. Worst thing is I'll be forced to wait. I don't want to buy another Wii just for Mario, and I'm not going to chip my console.

Nintendo, we're in 21st fucking century. Is it that hard to organize a simultaneous launch? Wii Freeloader won't come soon enough.

xbhaskarx

josephdebono said:
doesn't make sense though. Christmas eve? doesn't that mean avoiding being bought as Christmas presents completely. I doubt moms are gonna leave till xmas eve to buy pressies for their kids.

Well, I know this is Europe and not the US, but the busiest shopping time here is slowly changing from the Friday/weekend after Thanksgiving to the weekend before Christmas as Americans become more busy/lazy.
Of course this is Monday, one day before Christmas, which is just stupid if true. But my point is a game released on like Friday December 21st would probably have decent Christmas sales in the US.

spoon!

Someone with a good grasp of the industry explain to me how this makes sense, please.

Other than the obvious NoE are gaybags. thx.

Dry_Bones

Are we sure ?? I reloaded the page 3 times and i always got the same result ...

picture1bw0.png

Please let this "24/12" be a mistakeeeeee !

Monkaii

Im actually surprised that it will make it in 2007.. Think about how much time it takes to translate *all* that dialogue from American english to British english.

( in other words.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! )

meppi

Dry_Bones said:
Are we sure ?? I reloaded the page 3 times and i always got the same result ...

picture1bw0.png

Please let this "24/12" be a mistakeeeeee !
Lol, it's indeed back to 16/11 :lol

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
xbhaskarx said:
Well, I know this is Europe and not the US, but the busiest shopping time here is slowly changing from the Friday/weekend after Thanksgiving to the weekend before Christmas as Americans become more busy/lazy.
Of course this is Monday, one day before Christmas, which is just stupid if true. But my point is a game released on like Friday December 21st would probably have decent Christmas sales in the US.

Seems retarded though to release it on xmas eve, since we, at least sweden, celebrate xmas on the 24th and not the 25th like in America =(

I also couldn't see 24/12...only saw 16/11 *crosses fingers*

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Oh well still fuck em for Smash Bros next year. Quick change game!

VOOK

Hmm do I delete my news story on my site or just change it....

VOOK

Time to change diary.... call off Catapult... disarm bomb... empty molotov cocktails....

Haunted

killerbunnies.gif
if true.

Hope it was just a mistake. I bet it wasn't, though. :(

Capndrake said:
Permaban Nintendo of Europe for tricking us.
requesting immediate ban filter for 'Nintendo', 'Nintendo of Europe' and 'NOE'

Polari said:

I wish he'd just said "Hai guys, heres the Wii - Metroid, Mario, Smash Bros - they'll all be ready for 08, so you hardcore gamers can go back to sleep untill then while we peddle party games, wiimakes and waggle-centric ports to your mothers, younger siblings and grandparents."

E-phonk

Banned
DefectiveReject said:
Gaybrush Threepio is probably lurking and playing games with you all!!

Nintendo 2 vs 0 neoGAF

Last time he logged in was yesterday. Too bad he doesn't post anymore (or only once every 6 months).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
reading this thread AFTER all the discoverys makes it quite the wild ride.. at first i was preparing an angry post, yelling, abusing, talking about monkeys... then.. the calm.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
releasing it on CHRISTMAS FUCKING DAY is beyond retarded. It's a bit late for people to get it under the tree by then ASSHOLES>

EDIT: It appears I may have hastily posted after reading the first post. Now reading the rest of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom