• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Kart simulator (probably old but awesome)

Thats a Force Dynamics 301 without a wheel attached to the projection screen. Normally the projection screen is attached I think as well... it weighs about 700 pounds and costs something like $30k :lol :_(

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Link said:
Couldn't they get someone that was actually good at the game to play it?

Translation: So jealous. ;)

It's in the description. This is his first attempt at playing MK on the simulator and the first time he's played the game itself for over a decade.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Link said:
Couldn't they get someone that was actually good at the game to play it?
Er, seemed pretty obvious he was doing "bad player" things to show off the various motions.

RevenantKioku said:
Er, seemed pretty obvious he was doing "bad player" things to show off the various motions.

The information that goes along with the YouTube video, said the guy is used to realistic racing sims and hadn't touched a Mario Kart game in 15 years; some of what he did (like random jumps) were intentional but some of it was just him sucking. Regardless, it was a good demonstration, and a kick ass simulator.

Its so great to see the original Super Mario Kart made even more awesome, I'd like to see this done for other games too...

F-Zero GX would be crazy. F-Zero AX (the arcade version) moved you when you turned the wheel, but it was just accompanying motion rather than a force-simulation... imagine this thing just tilting right back with the speed and stuff, it'd be crazy.

Or even Rainbow Road on some of the newer Mario Karts, like the new Wii one... those courses are like freakin' rollercoasters.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
"Since 2004, Force Dynamics has built a reputation as a world leader in driving simulation systems.

"We're releasing this video anyway."

:lol :lol :lol

Teknoman said:
If they used this for Mario Kart wii...you'd suffer some internal damage from staying in first place too long :lol

Well I don't know about you, but I am indeed curious to see what this thing does when a blue shell hits. It'd be good for bike wheelies!

CTLance

Crushed said:
Oh God, F-Zero would kill you.
...and all the onlookers. A new term would have to be coined for it: Awesome overload.

Just think of the possibilities! It's the ultimate tool of destruction - painless, highly entertaining, 100% lethal.
Use it to execute criminals. Drop it on terrorists. Hide it in voting booths. Endless hours of fun - and maybe the occasional ascent to a higher plane of existence. Earth would be void of sentient life as we know it in three years flat.

junkwaffle

In Front and Drawing Away
fzerosimsm.jpg

Crushed

Fry Daddy
junkwaffle said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/junkwaffle/Forum%20Art/fzerosimsm.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Why would he be using a Dual-Shock for F-Zero X.

I could buy that it's just a funky GC controller for GX, but the TV isn't hitting him hard enough.

CTLance

junkwaffle said:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/junkwaffle/Forum%20Art/fzerosimsm.jpg[/IMG]
:D
Have I already mentioned how good it is to have you back, junkwaffle?

I agree with the "Want!". I'd even add a "Very" in front, for added engrish bonus points.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
radioheadrule83 said:
F-Zero GX would be crazy. F-Zero AX (the arcade version) moved you when you turned the wheel, but it was just accompanying motion rather than a force-simulation... imagine this thing just tilting right back with the speed and stuff, it'd be crazy.
I would love a 360 degree gyroscopic F-Zero arcade racer like some of the dogfight arcade games in the early 90s. You know the ones that cost like $5 a credit.

That looks cool, too bad they picked the wrong MarioKart for it. Should have gone for DD or the Wii version, but that's just my opinion.

shuri

Banned
is it me or some of the motions were not in sync especially when he was turning? It looked completly off.

Top Bottom