• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker 2 launches June 28

Mista

Banned
Super-Mario-Maker-2_04-24-19.jpg

Super Mario Maker 2 will launch for Switch on June 28, Nintendo announced.

In Super Mario Maker 2, players can “create the Super Mario courses of their dreams,” with access to even more tools, items, and features. Visit the game page here.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm pretty hyped for this. Although I think I got more enjoyment from the original Mario Maker just watching people speedrun through insane levels on Youtube. Definitely interested to see what kind of crazy shit people come up with in this one, especially since the Switch is a lot more mainstream than the Wii U was.

iconmaster

Banned
Yup. Interested in the game, but really want to know if I can get extra players in on this locally. Would probably seal the deal right there.

The optimist in me says if it were single player again they’d tell us outright and the only reason to withhold the player count is because they have a bomb to drop before release day.

Codes 208

I was hoping we’d get SMM as a deluxe remaster for switch eventually (imagine my disappointment when we instead got nSMBU, ew.)

Announcing SMM2 took my expectations and absolutely smashed right through them. It’s currently my third most anticipated Nintendo game just behind Pokémon and links awakening. I’m super hyped.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Man, first world problems, I know, but there are so many Switch games out/coming out in the next few months that I want. Off the top of my head: Picross S3/Ace Attorney Trilogy/FFIX/FFXII/RE0/RE/RE4/Marvel UA3/Mario Maker 2/Fire Emblem/DQ XI. It’s going to be so expensive, lol.

Shaqazooloo

Day one for me, I've already been thinking up levels I want to make, I really hope we can link our levels and make them into world's because it's the only thing I feel would be missing from my days of making Super Mario World hacks.

Also, cant wait to see what crazy Kaizo levels people come up with.

You still can't create "full games" with this though right? Meaning an overworld with access to dozens of levels (which unlock as you progress).

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Will I be able to upload and download without a Switch Online subscription? That's the one detail I still need answered, Nintendo.

iconmaster

Banned
Will I be able to upload and download without a Switch Online subscription? That's the one detail I still need answered, Nintendo.

The fact that Nintendo's including a 12-month sub with the limited edition makes me think this game could be somewhat limited without the service. Hope I'm wrong.

JSoup

Banned
The fact that Nintendo's including a 12-month sub with the limited edition makes me think this game could be somewhat limited without the service. Hope I'm wrong.

It would make sense. The first Mario Maker was pretty limited if you didn't have an internet connection.

Codes 208

My only gripe with that stylus is that I’m not a big fan of the hollow blob tipped pens. Kinda wished it was more inline with the Wii u’s But considering the type of touchscreen the switch is, I guess I’ll just adjust.

They need to make these styluses more available and bring back miiverse.
Probably not. Because that be too logical of a selling point.

Another example is I believe a sub is required to upload/download custom stages in smash bros.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
The first game was soooo good. I was impressed with the sheer ingenuity of so many user contributions, particularly with puzzle / Zelda-ish levels. There were already so many tricks to pull with all the different movements and item systems, this should be insanity now that they're expanding the palette.

Top Bottom