• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker 2 Nintendo Direct tomorrow

Mista

Banned

t1557957600z4.png

You can watch the whole direct here:

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

Damn, no Nintendo fans left here? C'mon this thread should be filled with hyped Mario heads. Don't make me jelly of Ree's Nintendo base...
No Switch subscription required to share levels please. That's literally the only unanswered question standing between me and this game.
Theirs a 97% percent chance that the subscription is required and they'd be stupid not to do it. A lot of people are gonna buy this game and the main point of it is to share levels. It's money on the table.

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

Theirs a 97% percent chance that the subscription is required and they'd be stupid not to do it. A lot of people are gonna buy this game and the main point of it is to share levels. It's money on the table.
Regrettably probably true. I think it'll follow largely the same rules as Smash's custom stages. Maybe some extra official levels for free without a sub.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Damn, no Nintendo fans left here? C'mon this thread should be filled with hyped Mario heads. Don't make me jelly of Ree's Nintendo base...

I don't care about sharing my own levels, but if I can't access community levels without a subscription I'm gonna be bummed out.

Andyliini

I tried the first one, but never really got into creating stuff, and most of the stages online weren't that great (there were some awesome stuff here and there, though!), so I'll probably skip this one too. This will certainly sell millions, no doubt about it.

Thabass

Ah shit. I want to play this game badly. I didn't get to play much of the first one since I sold my Wii U.

this is my most hyped game of 2019, I LOVED SMM

I will cream my pants if they announce a world builder where I can create for example a theme of levels on a hub world map, with a castle theme at the end. CREAM. MY PANTS

Saber

Gold Member
At least I know I won't bother watching this. Not that I have anything against this game, is just that I have no interest in this game at all.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Really loved how great some of the levels for one were.

My favorite part about this is the creators that got amazing at 1 will immediately be great at 2 and now with the switches success tons more people will be at the helm.

(I also realize that tons more garbage will be there thanks to the last point, but maybe they will have a better sort system)

Last edited:

Orenji Neko

I only got to try the first one a few times when visiting a relative who had a WiiU. Love it, absolutely loved it and I'm looking forward to finally having one for myself.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I just hope there is some announced plan to move over all the outstanding community levels from the first game. It would be a shame to let all that go; tons of ingenious puzzle levels that need to be more widely played.

Codes 208

I just hope there is some announced plan to move over all the outstanding community levels from the first game. It would be a shame to let all that go; tons of ingenious puzzle levels that need to be more widely played.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they did remixes of certain highlights but overall a lot of the fun of making a sequel is making them again by scratch

Smasher89

What I missed in the first iteration was the ability to track scores, so you could make highscorestages/minigames. That and no subreqiirement is the only 2 things i want it to have, if neither thwres prob no purchase.

cireza

Banned
Already have the first game on Wii U. And Wii U actually has a proper touch screen and stylus for these kind of apps. Not interested at all.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I don’t play Mario Maker but enjoy the hell of super difficult levels getting finished by players

Does this game have Nintendo made levels and worlds to play before going into the level builder or is it only that? I find that so weird and unappealing. It's like Super Meat Boy with just the online world and the editor.

Shaqazooloo

Does this game have Nintendo made levels and worlds to play before going into the level builder or is it only that? I find that so weird and unappealing. It's like Super Meat Boy with just the online world and the editor.
The original Mario Maker did so I dont know why the sequel wouldn't.

Daymos

I'm a Nintendo fan but I need to cut back, I'm done with Mario games. When I finished mario odyssey I just felt kind of hollow and unfulfilled, same with 3d world, 3d land, new mario2, galaxy 1/2.. I'll do zelda, pokemon, fire emblem, and maybe metroid (and earthbound/goldensun if they existed again).. that's all the time I have for the big N... got other games to play!

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I question why Metroid can't Crawl every single day......subcriptions will save a Child from such horrors of Metroid crawling.

Miiverse was the best online Nintendo experience. Quirky, driven largely by drawings and sketches, and just so brazenly different in style from every other online gaming feature. I miss it : (

Mario Maker 2 will have a gaping hole without all the Miiverse in-level comments & reaction sketches.

Codes 208

Curses, I woke up thinking the video would be ready to watch, as an early morning direct is their go-to. Didn’t notice the 3-6pm

Top Bottom