• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker 2 |OT|:- Kaizo or Casual? Who cares! Let's Create, Play and Share!

@Phatzo thank goodness for that hidden mushroom at the beginning.

CloudStrife_ca CloudStrife_ca World 1-1 was fun. World 1-2 amazing design. good shit. Downloaded.

@ZeroGravity Thowmp Homeworld taught me some much needed thwomp bouncing skills. thanks!
Desert Land Penitentiary was good. didn’t realize you could decorate the end like that. More Thwomps! Six Golden coins nice challenge. Bombard Boardwalk nice challenge lining up the thwomps with the bombs.

C Culebra 64 Easy way out. No it’s not. Beat it! Very tough. I beat Deja Vu without the key. Good challenge!
Thanks so much I really appreciate that! I'm hoping to amp up the complexity of the levels as I continue to build them, I'll post more when I have more uploaded. Thanks again, makes the level building all worth while when I know people enjoy them!

pimentel1

Banned
pime please post if you are okay

MMw2LxP_d.jpg

Also, played a level by Guy Fieri. Famous cook.
WNHTRoz_d.jpg

OKCZlx4_d.jpg

Left him a little comment. lol

Last edited:
Tried something a little more complicated.
Wall jumps and spin jumps required.

Bowser's Woods
ID: GHY-K1K-MDG

So many courses to try!

Tesseract

Banned
pime i expect you to start writing various escalating sos messages soon

and at the rate you are going, yer gonna rewrite linear algebra as we know it

Last edited:

nicktwilight

Neo Member
My first stage is done.Went for a boss fight and autoscroll with a twist. The course id is 40N-RRW-TQG.Waiting to hear your thoughts and try your stages too.

93xfan

Banned
Star improviser
48B-85G-V3G

Running on top of munchers with stars. Multiple paths. It’s my first level and I put a lot of care into it.

Sundown
0Q0-3KH-H1G

The angry sun is trying to get you on a vertical course heading down. Collect 80 coins or use the door to warp to the top again and keep collecting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got around to playing story mode some more and finished it off 100%.

This page is useful for figuring out all you need to do (I was missing the 2nd and 3rd stages the bird gives when I thought I was done).

No real reason to do it once you've gotten the super ball unless you want the Mii costumes and to just have the satisfaction of completing it and getting the "All Levels Completed as Mario” banner to pop up. :D

The most annoying part was having to grind coins to keep paying the Chief 1,000 coins for each step (ten in total I think)to finish the statue and get the last job from Peach. That last level was pretty cool though. From the best coin farming levels I saw listed online, I found level 55 (the car one) to be the easiest. Pretty quick 117 coins a run once you get it down (which is pretty easy, once you figure out how to get the 50 coin).

Looking forward to spending more time playing user levels. Will check out the ones in this thread. I played a few last week, but I see a lot more have been added since.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright I've got 2 more levels complete, 'World 1-3 SMB-R - VRN-D7D-57G' and ' World 1-4 SMB-R - SX1-TMT-HGF'. I'm going to go ahead and say that World 1-4 is the best level I've made ever in my 'Mario Maker career' since the Wii U days and is pure fun if you like sliding around and praise yourself as someone who can time your jumps well. Hint: Follow the coins for your best path when timing jumps coming off all the slides.

Now I'm going to go play a few of your levels.

Last edited:
Here's another batch of courses I've made since the last ones:

55B-TF9-9VG - Visit the Thwomp Homeworld - SMW
YCT-6CF-MHF - Desert Land Penitentiary - SMB3
1H2-QPD-XHF - Six Golden Coins - SM3DW
W8V-9GF-QSF - Bob-omb Boardwalk - SMB3

Have one other course I've working on but will probably focus more on playing stages after that, don't want to get too burned out on making them.
I played Six Golden Coins last night, thought it had some good ideas and I just liked the objective of finding the 6 coins. I need to do an objective based level at some point, great work.

Couple more traditional style levels from me.

Frostfire Fortress - 0ST-RCS-P0G
Storming the Pirate Fleet - 8L4-354-4VF
I played Storming the Pirate Fleet last night, great action, brought back the Mario Bros 3 8th World doomship feels. I downloaded this one great work I really enjoyed it.

Star improviser
48B-85G-V3G

Running on top of munchers with stars. Multiple paths. It’s my first level and I put a lot of care into it.

Sundown
0Q0-3KH-H1G

The angry sun is trying to get you on a vertical course heading down. Collect 80 coins or use the door to warp to the top again and keep collecting.
I played Sundown last night this had some really creative ideas with the floating donut blocks and the angry sun was of course furious through all the slides, nice work!

NicolasVH

Neo Member
Just finished Snowy Poo - a challenging level but not crazily challenging. Psst... lots of alternative risk/reward routes.

Would love to get some feedback as this is my first level I've created.

6RH-YVD-50G

Vawn

Banned
I wasn't planning on making stages, but I was bored on a plane.

2Y9-NV1-NWG

If anyone wants to try it out.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have kids playing this? What ages? Looking for last game with 2 for 99.99 deal.

No kids here, but saw in the voucher thread you were looking for a 4 year old.

I’d pass on this for that age. The course making is too much for that age and a lot of the levels people make are in the harder side (be it difficult plarforming or tricky puzzles). Also a lot of menus to navigate to get to levels, searching to find easy ones etc.

NSMBU Deluxe is the better Mario game for kids. Yoshi’s Crafted World as well as it’s even easier. Probably Kirby Star Allies as well but I only played the demo there.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
In the spirit of keeping this thread more active beyond sharing GAF levels, why don’t we share makers we come across with a nice set of levels or specific stages we’re blown away by.

I found this dude/dudette SilverMre down in the mid 20s in popular levels for their top levelsand liked all 9 stages they’ve made so far.

Maker ID: 2CT-W7F-DWG

NicolasVH

Neo Member
My girlfriend was intrigued by me making (too difficult) SMM2 levels, so she took away my Switch and spent the last 10 hours or so creating her very first own level.

94C-DQS-W5G

She's a bit sad that only 3 people played her course so far (besides me), so any new try would give her joy. Thanks! :)

tkscz

How’d it go?

Don't get a Hauppage PVR HD2 as your recording device. Damn thing is picky and barely works and I JUST got it replaced today and the replacement hates my mobile workstation too.

Swapped to my main Desktop to see if it works better, so streaming now

Last edited:

Corkscrew

Neo Member
Member for some time, but never posted before, sharing my first Mario Maker 2 level! It's a precision focused level with some puzzle-solving that uses the minimum amount of space possible!

Super Spike Swamp
CYR-SV8-M3G

pimentel1

Banned
Yoshi in a Tree.

M53-WMW-5KG

He climbed all the way up the tree in the backyard and is now too scared to come down. Help!

Last edited:
All previously mentioned levels added, bringing the total up to almost 60 levels in the GAF course database!

Made another highly speedrunnable level using the forest template in the SMB3 style.

Y0L-RGT-BJG - Oilrig Ordeal

Last edited:

pimentel1

Banned
All previously mentioned levels added, bringing the total up to almost 60 levels in the GAF course database!

Made another highly speedrunnable level using the forest template in the SMB3 style.

Y0L-RGT-BJG - Oilrig Ordeal

your levels were streamed last night. Your Skyward Scuffle level drove tkscz tkscz crazy. lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom