• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Haha, bundle is neat but gotta love how others make system bundles that are priced at a discount to entice sales. Nintendo is just fuck it, you are paying MSRP for everything in this bundle because we know this shit is going to sell out anyways. I can't blame them for it, just funny.
They did the same with the Splatoon 2 bundle. It's expected when they're selling Switches as fast as they can make them.

Japan is getting the case and Joy-Cons separately, just as they did the Splatoon ones..

D7eYJT1.png

will buy these

at this point I'm a Switch carrying case collector lmao

Joei

Those Joy-cons look fantastic. I have a Neon, but would gladly take those two instead.

And yeah, I agree with everyone else, they could have at least skimmed a little off the top to entice buyers, like, give the carrying case for free or something, I dunno, or at least a little off.

Celegus

Is this any cheaper than buying separate? Haha I don't even know how much a Switch costs since they're never in stock when I look. Digital game is crappy though.

Dynomutt

Pretty sure 99% of PS4 bundles have been physical games.

Yup in my experience.

Arkham was Physical
Uncharted 4 was Physical (and Digital depending on location)
Both Destiny's as well.

The only digital bundle console I remember was the buy and pick out of 4 with FC4, 2K, and some other games.

They just won the holiday season.

Would you wager you account? I think with comments like these in general on Gaf people should be bold and put your money where your mouth is.

I see this and the Splatoon bundle as an effective price increase on the Switch for Nintendo. I mean they're getting higher profit margins on these bundles than selling the standalone console.

The Switch is selling as fast as they make manufacture it so Nintendo not only doesn't need to cut the price or offer a discounted bundle, but they add a carrying case and download code and charge full price, because they can. It's brilliant business and a testament to the success of the Switch.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
It's about time I got a Switch. This bundle is perfect. I'll go ahead and pe-or....

digital only

Oh. Never mind. I'll just buy the console and game separately. Looks like it'll be slightly cheaper that way anyway, though I kinda want the carrying case.

It's a shame console bundles that come with the actual damn game are a thing of the past.

I think the last time I got a physical game with a bundle was my Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation Vita....and it came with just the game card in an envelope. No box. So I bought a bundle of 3rd party replacement boxes for a couple bucks and printed out the cover insert myself.

Owari

It's about time I got a Switch. This bundle is perfect. I'll go ahead and pe-or....

Oh. Never mind.

It's a shame console bundles that come with the actual damn game are a thing of the past.

I think the last time I got a physical game with a bundle was my Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation Vita....and it came with just the game card in an envelope. No box. So I bought a bundle of 3rd party replacement boxes for a couple bucks and printed out the cover insert myself.
If a gross tasting cartridge is the deal breaker, let's be honest here, buying this bundle was never in the cards to begin with.

LQX

If anything those complaining about the game being digital can for sure sell it for at least $40 or straight up trade it for a cart version. When it comes to Nintendo games, a digital version for game like Mario is probably worth more than the cart version seeing as how they're stingy with sales.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
If a gross tasting cartridge is the deal breaker, let's be honest here, buying this bundle was never in the cards to begin with.

It totally was. I'll have a Switch in time for this game one way or another. I just like physical games for my collection. I honestly would have pre-ordered this if it had a physical copy.

Ponn

Banned
No they didn't...at all. People need to stop the switch hyperbole.

I mean, they can't keep Switch in stock here in the US. They are literally selling them as fast they make them. Regardless of bundles It is going to be the hard to find system for Christmas (besides SNES classic). The only real question is how many can they make to sell.

Yeah I'm buying this bundle. Hope there is enough in stock at the end of the year.

I have bad news for you if you are thinking this bundle will be on shelves past black friday.

Falchion

That carrying case is pretty sweet, they definitely aren't interested in giving consumers any kind of discount for buying a bundle though.

I mean, they can't keep Switch in stock here in the US. They are literally selling them as fast they make them. Regardless of bundles It is going to be the hard to find system for Christmas (besides SNES classic). The only real question is how many can they make to sell.

I have bad news for you if you are thinking this bundle will be on shelves past black friday.

I just did my weekly rounds and all stores have Switch in stock right now.. not saying that'll be the. Aww come October, but you can get a Switch easy now

Usobuko

Banned
Pricing is very smart tbh.

Very little to no discounts because it will sell like hotcakes and scarcity is an issue.

Wayoshi

my question is when are the wedding amiibo going to be available on Amazon? waiting forever on that.

Pricing is very smart tbh.

Very little to no discounts because it will sell like hotcakes and scarcity is an issue.
this. Nintendo knows this is one game/bundle they can get away with basically no discount.

As for me, I always use my Pro Controller at this point so Joy-Cons are not attractive, even though I'm glad there's finally a decent colored option. I'll be getting the BD&A Mario pro controller in time for this game.

Ponn

Banned
I just did my weekly rounds and all stores have Switch in stock right now.. not saying that'll be the. Aww come October, but you can get a Switch easy now

Amazon doesn't have stock
Target doesn't have stock, not even listed currently
Gamestop only has their forced bundles
Walmart has the splatoon bundle

Thats not a healthy stock situation but yes, technically you can get one at Gamestop and Walmart if you want a bundle. .

ReaperXL7

Meh, of really interested in red Joycons so this isn't a big deal for me. I'll likely kill someone for some royal purple Joycons though.

mrmickfran

Is this any cheaper than buying separate? Haha I don't even know how much a Switch costs since they're never in stock when I look. Digital game is crappy though.

Same exact price.

Switch - $299
Super Mario Odyssey - $59.99
Case - $19.99 (I assume because all other cases are the same price.)

Zetta

I was intrigued by this until I saw it was digital and with a $20 extra case(I'm assuming). To be honest I would be allllll over this if it were physical but nah I'll pass hard on this, pretty good for those that want it though.

Owari

Digital means no buy.

Buying digital on consoles is a a horrible deal.
Not on portables. Unless you like juggling gross pogs that make your hands and everything they touch taste like crap.

Every time someone can't play MK8D because it's not in their Switch I die a little inside.

Certain games, like Mario and Mario Kart, should always be available.

Amazon doesn't have stock
Target doesn't have stock, not even listed currently
Gamestop only has their forced bundles
Walmart has the splatoon bundle

Thats not a healthy stock situation but yes, technically you can get one at Gamestop and Walmart if you want a bundle. .

Best Buy got stock. Walmart has both bundles and regular. GameStop where I'm at (central Wisconsin) has reggies as well. I'll give you amazon... but no where near unavailable to people like you suggested.

Tabasco

If anything those complaining about the game being digital can for sure sell it for at least $40 or straight up trade it for a cart version. When it comes to Nintendo games, a digital version for game like Mario is probably worth more than the cart version seeing as how they're stingy with sales.
Isn't it possible the game could be pre-installed?

What are the odds that "full game download" means that they give you access to download the game instead of giving you a code to enter?

kswiston

If you were going to buy Odyssey and a case anyhow, I suppose this just puts them in a single package for the same price (and you get red joycons), but it seems weird to have a company force you to buy an accessory with the bundle.

But I have my Switch, so I dont really care personally. Hyped for Odyssey.

Top Bottom