• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey is now the best selling game on Amazon US (2017 sales)

Super Mario Odyssey is now the best selling game on Amazon US.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2017/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

UPDATE: Up to #1.

AM5sarh.jpg

jaybe00

Neo Member
Those Playstation digital cards though.

Seriously though, Odyssey will be huge. With BOTW, it was split between systems (Mario Kraft as well). I think it will be the best seller until some lightning in the bottle game comes around.

Those Playstation digital cards though.

Seriously though, Odyssey will be huge. With BOTW, it was split between systems (Mario Kraft as well). I think it will be the best seller until some lightning in the bottle game comes around.

Why do these PSN cards sell so much? Is it cus VAT rates and such?

Staf

I really only want to have one console in my house. But Nintendo is really making it hard for me...

linkboy

Why the fuck is everyone buying PSN cards?

Because using a credit card on PSN is the equivilent on sending a mass email out with a picture out of your credit card.

To many people have been scammed on PSN due to Sony's lackadaisical approach to account security.

At least in my country, my CC and Paypal doesn't work in the PSN so i need to buy cards if i want a digital game, thats weird because the Paypal in the Nintendo Eshop works great. Also people doesn't trust too much in the PSN security to put their CC info.

plidex

There’s also a lot of people like me, I’m from South America but I use a NA PSN account, so I have to buy PSN cards on amazon because Sony won’t accept my credit card.

Also, because as already said here, Sony doesn’t inspire much trust.

EDarkness

I think Mario Odyssey is gonna be massive. Technically it isn't even out yet. Luckily, Amazon has already shipped my copy so my wife is pumped right now. I have to finish my game or at least get further in it before tomorrow....

Because using a credit card on PSN is the equivilent on sending a mass email out with a picture out of your credit card.

To many people have been scammed on PSN due to Sony's lackadaisical approach to account security.

Definitely. Never leave your credit card information on the PSN. Just buy PSN cards and call it a day.

Carl7

At least in my country, my CC and Paypal doesn't work in the PSN so i need to buy cards if i want a digital game, thats weird because the Paypal in the Nintendo Eshop works great. Also people doesn't trust too much in the PSN security to put their CC info.

Same here. I have to buy psn cards every time.

Peterc

Remember zelda released on launch day, installbase was just started.

I expect more people will buy a switch and pick welda with it or afterwards

Remember zelda released on launch day, installbase was just started.

I expect more people will buy a switch and pick welda with it or afterwards

Zelda has already sold 5 million between the two versions in the first few months, that's pretty incredible actually. It's almost certain it'll end up the best selling Zelda, at least if you don't count the Ocarina 3ds version.

N7.Angel

Many people ( including me ) are buying NA PSN cards because it's the cheapest option for digital games, 70€ on my European store vs 50€ on the US one...

And again, that's just the pre-orders! Imagine combining those with all the other sale the game is going to get! This game will sell millions in its first day no doubt!

Crazyorloco

I've already purchased the game twice already. For myself and for daughter (Christmas gift) so she can play the game when she's at her mother's place.

Can't wait to play :)

Qasiel

I’m not surprised at this. I mean, Zelda’s one thing but Mario is a powerhouse. And I say that as someone who prefers Zelda over Mario.

Top Bottom