• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| RSVP: Guests of the Groom

Great OT. Song link and letter are a nice touch. End of Wii was a bad time for me. Didn't get to enjoy galaxy 2 like I wanted to. 3D world was ok, but not exactly what I wanted from Mario. This game?

SingleAppropriateAtlanticbluetang-small.gif

Yeah, I'm sorry indie devs but you should just quit your careers. You'll never make something as fun, innovative or amazing as Mario Odyssey. To be honest if it were me as an indie developer, after seeing one Odyssey trailer, I would have quit my current project and apply for a job that pays me well enough to easily buy a Switch and a copy of Mario Odyssey.

You had me giggling at Genre:Style Savvy like with not enough Platforming

Then....

(she's kind)

"I am no easy mark"

I burst out laughing. Bravo. And Bravo to your other version at ERA as well.

Yeah, I'm sorry indie devs but you should just quit your careers. You'll never make something as fun, innovative or amazing as Mario Odyssey. To be honest if it were me as an indie developer, after seeing one Odyssey trailer, I would have quit my current project and apply for a job that pays me well enough to easily buy a Switch and a copy of Mario Odyssey.

What the fuck?

ChuckNyce

Pre-ordered this at Best Buy a few minutes ago, and my impulse pre-order of AC origins is almost done preloading. My finger's hovering over the "buy" button for Wolf 2 as well...ready for the retailacolypse tomorrow.

giphy.gif

So pumped, have work, pick up game, gone all weekend as ASM for Boy Scout Campout. Won't be able to touch this game until Sunday...

*cries*

Nice OT though OP.

ZSyxEDX.jpg

JonnyKong

Can't believe one of the later kingdoms looks like it has come straight out of
Bloodborne together with a freaking dragon boss!
and it's tiny :( They should have explored that theme.

Anybody else going to best buy for midnight opening?

$47.99 price after gamer's club unlocked discount
+$10 gift certificate for preordering
+gold cappy coin for preordering
+free double sided poster for midnight launch
+1% cash back via ebates
+double reward zone points
+credit card points/cashback

Lum1n3s

+1% cash back via ebates
You can expect me there, I feel like an idiot for not using my Rewardzone credit card especially for the points but oh well. I'll be sure to use that $10 plus whatever I have towards Doom :).

qko

I swore I'd never post here again, but what a way to troll gaf. You even got the mods to lock the other OTs to pull this off.

Hats off.

Shifty1897

MiupJAN.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

Now you are just asking for bring unnecessary hate to game you try praise.

Such a damn shame that Neogaf went up in flames right before this game came out. I was really looking forward to talking about it but traffic is so slow here and "The New Forum" isn't going to give me an early invite so I'm gonna have to hold that L and just wait. :(

I think I know where this is coming from

SMH

SCB3

Amazing game so far, but the Mid Bosses are a bit boring with the almost exact same pattern of, attack, use cappy, jump on them, avoid the spinning attack, repeat 3 times. Needs some more variety there

Megatron

I never skipped a nintendo console because of their exclusive game but I regretted buying a WiiU as even the Mario/Zelda that we got on it were far from my favorite.
I'll be buying a Switch for this game though, no regrets! And I've been waiting to buy BOTW as well.

Wait, hold on. The Zelda we got for WiiU was Breath of the wild. What other Zelda are you referring to that was 'far from your favorite'? The remasters?

Megatron

+1% cash back via ebates

Plus an extra $12.50 off if you took advantage of the visa checkout deal months ago.

chekhonte

Wow, it's at 9pm for me at nearest gamestop too. I'm definitely going. I haven't gone to an after hours release since halo 2.

Freeman76

This game is better than I even expected. So much fun. Maybe a bit on the short side which is a bit of a downer but nonetheless a real landmark game from Nintendo again.

+1% cash back via ebates
Shit, if I preordered today did I not get the credit?

Also quick question: is there any word for how many hours this game is for a 100% completionist? Use spoilers if you know so we don't piss anyone off, haha

Freeman76

Shit, if I preordered today did I not get the credit?

Also quick question: is there any word for how many hours this game is for a 100% completionist? Use spoilers if you know so we don't piss anyone off, haha

Not sure about 100% but you get moons really fast. Im not a great player and after 4 hours I have 91 moons and 8 kingdoms in.

So i've been playing for the last six hour, first impressions are that it is a real nice looking game with a ton of things that have made me smile.

I started off using the joycons, but switched to the pro controller about an hour in. As far as I can tell you can do everything on the pro controller that you can on the joycons bar perhaps the slightly higher jump with the joycon shake.

I'm only into the 4th world (
woodland
) on the map as I spent a ton of time in the 3rd world (
desert
) trying to hunt down as many moons as possible and i've started to get real stuck about finding them all. I figured I had maybe 2 or 3 left to find, but when you hit the overworld map you can see how many moons are in each world, and boy I have at least 18 left to get, lol.

It's certainly a charming game, it feels a little easy but i'm almost sure there will only be one or two people out of all your friends who master it enough to get all the moons.

Astral Dog

Im not sure if sarcasm

EDarkness

Amazon sent me a email telling me that our copy is on the way! Should get here tomorrow. Good to see that Amazon FINALLY delivered.

Top Bottom