• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| RSVP: Guests of the Groom

Mik2121

Got this last night and played through the first 3 areas up to the desert. Lovely game, can’t wait to continue playing!!

KahooTs

Buying today, looking forward to it. Last 3D Mario was tight and challenging but I'm up for some more exploration and character.

d00d3n

The UI seems a bit intrusive. Not sure that I need that compass thing in the right corner ... Doesn't seem to be possible to disable it either

Really excited for this, Mario 64 and Galaxy were my favourite titles and sounds like Odyssey is everything I want in a Mario game and more, just hope the Amazon courier isn't too late tomorrow

Poona

Argh.. too many games at this point. I am definitely getting this but I don't have a switch yet. May have to wait until Christmas.

Going to try to pick up a Switch bundle tomorrow at BB. If I’m unable to pick one up I’ll just settle for a neon console and the game. I’m just not sure which game I should also get with it. It’s between Mario Kart 8 and Zelda. I love both so I’m torn.

d00d3n

Pro controller support is disappointing. Lots of common actions require shaking the pro controller, which feels awful. Am I missing some button based way to, for example, jump high with the frog or do the spin attack?

GreenStig

Neo Member
10 minutes left, any suggestions on how to play controller wise? I'm hearing joy con in each hand over the Pro controller.

TLZ

Banned
Got it!

wrJg0x7_d.jpg

Man this felt like a long wait and it's finally here!

Totally caved and bought off the JP store. Didn’t have any real problems like others. Currently downloading!

I’m not too bothered since I really wanted this digital so I could jump in and out. Can’t wait!

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Totally caved and bought off the JP store. Didn’t have any real problems like others. Currently downloading!

I’m not too bothered since I really wanted this digital so I could jump in and out. Can’t wait!

Can you link to instructions? Just got off work. Thanks much!

AdanVC

One of the most acclaimed and anticipated games of the year and it's OT is just 3 pages long what is dis!? Mario Odyssey doesn't desserve this D: But then I remember... oh well. Wish I could join y'all's hype but I cannot afford a Switch with the game rn. I'm so depressed for that lol :(((((

HyperHip

Pro controller support is disappointing. Lots of common actions require shaking the pro controller, which feels awful. Am I missing some button based way to, for example, jump high with the frog or do the spin attack?

Yeah not a fan of the waggle motions on the Pro, legit rolled my eyes at waggling to climb poles faster.

Velikost

So is it 900p docked vs 720p portable? Only really docked my console a couple times, but I might finally do it for this game

R00bot

So is it 900p docked vs 720p portable? Only really docked my console a couple times, but I might finally do it for this game

It's 900p but sometimes drops to 720p. Portable drops below 720p when the camera is moving (which is during all gameplay).

From what I've played it still looks great portable, haven't played it docked yet.

The Cowboy

Man alive does this game eat the battery, I thought BOTW was bad - I was just playing plugged into my charger (a wall charger!) and it still dropped in power.

Good game though ☺️.

Bought the game on eshop right now instead of going to a store tomorrow to pick it up. Might as sell so i can play right out of the bat and it was a bit cheaper.

krumble

Eshop download says 23mins remaining, I should be sleeping ready for work but been looking forward to this since the reveal!,,

ryushe

Man alive does this game eat the battery, I thought BOTW was bad - I was just playing plugged into my charger (a wall charger!) and it still dropped in power.

Good game though ☺️.
I thought it was just me. I've been kinda spoiled with all of the smaller indie stuff that I totally forgot about the Switch's battery life with intensive games like BotW and now this.

Honestly though, with the whole joy-con thing and this game looking noticeably better docked compared to portable, as much as it'll bum me out, I think I'm playing docked for most of my run with this game.

Top Bottom