• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| RSVP: Guests of the Groom

TwiztidElf

I just left with the first kingdom.
I didn't leave as soon as I could. I hung around and explored a bit.
I thought I'd done pretty good, but I only found less than half the stuff.

Yeah, this game is excellent fun.
I have been on a SMO blackout, so lots of nice surprises already.

It sucks because I ended up preordering a digital copy (paid off) from the GameStop. I can go at midnight, but I can’t figut why Greg just can’t email me the code.

ajim

Got it!

wrJg0x7_d.jpg

Man this felt like a long wait and it's finally here!
It's beautiful!! Can't wait to pick it up too. Good bye weekend!!

I can’t wait to pick up my copy tomorrow morning (yay GCU)!

I’ve intentionally not watched anything other than the original trailer and the ad - I’m going into it without spoilers.

I’m definitely even more hyped after seeing the scores!

TLZ

Banned
Man it feels great playing a new 3D Mario again.

My 3 yr old just took the controller off me and won't give it back, lol.

TLZ

Banned
Well since my daughter wasn't giving me the joycons back, told her how about we play together? I'll be Mario and she'll be Hatty. She happily obliged and it's quite fun :)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Loaded and ready (for tomorrow at lunch when it will be the first time I’ll be able to play)

DirtyLarry

Well there is hope. Even though Best Buy charged my card early this morning, and I received my shipped email at around 3 PM, it appears it is on track to arrive tomorrow.
Interesting enough it is coming via FedEx, which nothing I have gotten from BestBuy has been shipped via them, and they are also the sketchiest delivering shit to my house, they claim they try but never do (I have security cameras that have shown they never even came), so we shall see.

Really hoping it arrives obviously.

Played some and gotten to the sand kingdom. Taken a short break to watch some football and then get some sleep.

This is pure gaming fun. The creative minds at Nintendo is something else man.

Shifty

Shopto delivered my copy a day early, and I'm now 6 kingdoms and ~100 power moons in and loving it. There's so much detail and polish in this game, so many nods to the franchise's history, leitmotifs in the music, all the good stuff. Absolutely fantastic.

And how about that Wooded Kingdom music? Mmmm

Glad I booked myself a long weekend for this, it's going to be a good time.

AdanVC

Guys, how is THE MUSIC in this game!?? If it has epic and catchy af melodies as past 3D Mario games then I'm gonna faint.

saltyramen

Since Amazon is messing up their delivery - can I just go get this at Best Buy right now and return the Amazon copy when I get that?

I got the Amazon one for $40 it's just gonna get here later than expected. Don't know if Best Buy would take it because a SKU or whatever

czk51

Played 45 minutes on my lunch break, now wiping my save to go home and start from scratch with my 5 year old. Feels like this is going to be a pretty special memory for him (like when my Mother bought me an Atari 2600 + Yars Revenge many, many years ago)

Awesome game, had a massive grin on my face while playing.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Definitely digging this game. Definitely not digging the unnecessary motion controls. Not that it is ruining the experience at all, just annoying.
What I'm not digging is the game assuming you're using motion controls. Like, the game doesn't even tell you how to do the spin attack without motion. It's not hard to figure out but still.

czk51

What I'm not digging is the game assuming you're using motion controls. Like, the game doesn't even tell you how to do the spin attack without motion. It's not hard to figure out but still.

Yeah I've not used the motion controls but definitely noticed this. It's really quite suggestive in the menus and tutorial that it wants you to use em.

Well, I'm gonna play the fool here and ask how to do the spin attack without? That is actually my main gripe, I thought you couldn't.

Spux666

Banned
FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen

FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen

Hope bowser bans your a$$

Black_Red

Played like 2 hours, amazing game but the audio went mute for half a second twice, did something like this happened to someone else?
At first I tought it was the classic switch problem when it tries to reconnect to wifi, but the game didnt freeze only the audio (I know, only twice in a couple of hours for less than 1 second total, but still I got kind of worried since I dropped my switch like a month ago, but I havent had problems all this time).

Top Bottom