• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey - Review Thread

xviper

What about this
bg9u85eqlktz.png

is this another turn based combat game ?? sorry man but i'm not a fan of those kind of games

if Zelda wasn't on Wii u, i would have bought the switch day 1, Zelda is the Only game that can make me buy a whole console just for it

to those who played Mario odyssey, can you enter a certain level for a certain Moon but can end up getting another moon like in Sunshine ??

I see everyone on my friend's list playing this while my copy is on the way still. Digital sounds great but I'd rather do physical with discounts.

to those who played Mario odyssey, can you enter a certain level for a certain Moon but can end up getting another moon like in Sunshine ??
You're likely to pick up anywhere from one to a dozen (or more) moons before you pick up the one that the game wanted you to. This game blows Sunshine the fuck out in that respect

I've completed 5 main moons in New Donk City
but I've collected over 30 there so far

keep in mind this game doesn't boot you back to a hub or anything when you get a moon. You just keep on moving on in the same level

Sanctuary

i haven't played any Metroid game and i heard nothing but praise for Prime 1

A lot of people love the Prime games, but I don't care for them as much as the traditional Metroid (side scrolling). As good as they might be, Super Metroid is still the best, followed by Symphony of the Night.

Galang

Banned
Has Iwata avatar.
Doesn't have a Switch.

How much logic does this post make? There are plenty of Nintendo fans that haven't migrated over. Switch hasn't even been out for a year and not everyone has the money or time to sink into a new console right out the gate. Life is a real thing you know. I'm a huge Nintendo fan and I can't afford spending money on a console + game right now due to my living expenses. Get a grip

Royce McCutcheon

How much logic does this post make? There are plenty of Nintendo fans that haven't migrated over. Switch hasn't even been out for a year and not everyone has the money or time to sink into a new console right out the gate. Life is a real thing you know. I'm a huge Nintendo fan and I can't afford spending money on a console + game right now due to my living expenses. Get a grip

I'm 100% positive he's just fucking with him..... 95%

The Leewit

Neo Member
Yup Imma hyped. Waiting on that Switch bundle that comes with Super Mario Odyssey. It's like being a kid again running loose in a candy store. Cavities are optional.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Has Iwata avatar.
Doesn't have a Switch.

What's so hard to understand about "I'm broke"? Blaming people for not having the disposable money for a brand new console is really low.

Trust me even if you had a switch you'd have a hard time making time for all those games. I haven't beat Zelda yet and Ive had the game for months. Not that its a bad game but there are so many games to play on the other systems as well. I wanna get Mario asap but I know if I do I wont touch it for months so ill probably just wait for maybe the end of the year.

Also I knew Mario was going to be good but damn.. those reviews are really great. Hold tight Mario ill get to you soon lol.

Yeah, too many great games on PS4 this year that I have yet to touch. I'll wait patiently for the first switch hardware revision before buying one.
Congratulations to ead for another incredible game all the same. The Switch is already more appealing than the Wii u ever got.

One 8/10 made you not want to buy the game?

Cmon, you weren’t going to buy it anyway if you’re discrediting every other reviewer on the planet.

Also what 3D Mario hasn’t been about collecting? They all have .

I find it difficult to get my head around how people can be swayed by one or two negative reviews (in this specific case not even that) in a sea of gushing critical acclaim. At the very least one should try the game for themselves to see if their experience falls in line with the vast majority of reviews.

I find it difficult to get my head around how people can be swayed by one or two negative reviews (in this specific case not even that) in a sea of gushing critical acclaim. At the very least one should try the game for themselves to see if their experience falls in line with the vast majority of reviews.

Confirmation bias in action it seems like. Reminds me of Zelda where the narrative now is that Jim Sterling "doesn't like Zelda/BoTW", when in reality he has repeatedly said he likes it, gave it a positive 7/10 review and has always been a fan of Zelda games in general. People are reading/hearing what they wanna read/hear and it sucks when it leads to outright lies and misinformation.

OuterLimits

The GOTY awards will be interesting this year. A ton of quality games.

The Switch is having a pretty strong first year in my opinion. A year ago I thought the system would be a complete failure. Now I own one and love it.

The Switch is having a pretty strong first year in my opinion.

I don't think "in my opinion" is needed in your sentence. Virtually everyone knows the Switch is having a great first year :)

Played a couple of hours of this game, it's so good. Nintendo keeps blowing my mind with their ever evolving and improving craft.

The GOTY awards will be interesting this year. A ton of quality games.

The Switch is having a pretty strong first year in my opinion. A year ago I thought the system would be a complete failure. Now I own one and love it.

I'd go as far as to say it's having one of the better first years in recent memory, especially from a first party perspective. I mean compare it to the first year of other notable consoles, can you think of one that's decisively better?

chekhonte

Getting a switch today... should I get this (Mario) or Zelda?
Mario and play it before you end up seeing everything via message boards and get a chance to play it along with a community. Zelda is already past it's prime. Playing now vs playing it a month from now will make no difference.

MAX PAYMENT

Mario and play it before you end up seeing everything via message boards and get a chance to play it along with a community. Zelda is already past it's prime. Playing now vs playing it a month from now will make no difference.

I don't see how this would effect enjoyment in any way.

Went with Zelda... it'll be my first since Oracle of Ages (weird, I know).

I'm glad the Mario hype is real- I really want to see Nintendo blow the doors open! Games like this create the kind of hype that sells systems.

Top Bottom