• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario World |OT| Did you ever see a dinosaur fly?

CengizMan

I finished the game yesterday and I had tons of fun with it. Found 95 exits and I have no clue on which one I missed. I never noticed that red levels on the map had two different exits, so I specifically searched for them and even found some levels I never played before! And I finally figured out how the cape mechanic works.

I must say that the game is a lot more inconsistent and buggier than I remember. I noticed some design elements that only appear in one level and never make a return elsewhere. Some parts also felt a bit rushed. Also ran into a couple of small bugs and the game often fixed the issue by itself.

I was surprised by the short credits! Not a lot of people have worked on this game and yet they managed to fit so much pleasantly surprising elements into it.

Anyway, I'm happy to have finished Super Mario World once again after such a long time.

Ledsen

On all the Wii U VC games out so far except for Balloon Fight and Kirby's Adventure. So that's 60hz for Super Mario World, Mario's Super Picross, F-Zero, Punch-Out, Donkey Kong Jr, Excitebike, Ice Climber, Mega Man and Pac-Man.

Balloon Fight is still 50hz, sadly.

Happy_gif.gif

Shiggy

I had this game on GBA when I was young and I found all 96 exits, even though I beat most levels by just using the cape. The secret world proved to be really difficult with that tactic though. What I never did until like 3 or 4 years ago was beating Bowser, so I went back to the game and did that - afterwards I wondered why I never managed to do that before.

ohNOitsRO

I tried to google this and didn't really come up with a good enough answer so I'll try here..

Is anyone else experincing lag on their TV with SMW? On the gamepad it runs perfect, but it's completely unplayable on my TV..

Robin64

I tried to google this and didn't really come up with a good enough answer so I'll try here..

Is anyone else experincing lag on their TV with SMW? On the gamepad it runs perfect, but it's completely unplayable on my TV..

Does your TV have a "Game" mode you can set?

Oare

Apparently in the PAL version the number turns blue instead.

What?!
I clearly remember magazines saying the star was present in the PAL version.
I looked for that damn 96th exit for so long, hoping to get that star...
Never did, though.

fake edit: according to Google, there were two versions of the PAL game. Version 1.0 had the star, and version 1.1 had the blue numbers.
Mystery solved.

Real edit:

So, here I go again.
I just finished the last level of the
Special Course
, and got
sent back to Yoshi's house in the Fall

And I'm left with the exact same bitter after-taste as 20 years ago: I only have 95 exits.

What could I have missed? What are the areas you guys would check in priority at this point?

OK, found it. It was the
second exit in the forest ghost house

At long last! Ha ha!

Don't know if you found the answer or not, but since the thread got bumped:

Display lag!

Unfortunately, knowing what the problem is may not help you solve it... hopefully you have a "game mode" setting on your TV (removes some of the image processing -> lessens the lag), because otherwise your choices are basically (1) deal with it, or (2) get a better TV.

FYC

Banned
Oh lawd, this does not play well with a Gamecube controller on Virtual Console.

Shit. Might need to go grab a classic controller.

Edit: In the end I managed to find my SNES and hook it up!

FYC

Banned
I beat this for the first time today

Yeah, this is one of the best games ever, and so far, my favorite Mario game. I mean, Jesus Christ. Where do you begin? Where do you even begin. There's so much that is simply perfect. Perfect. I'm speechless.

I just played it for about 4-5 hours straight, something I rarely do, and it never even felt like it. Time just fucking flew by.

Top Bottom