• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Super Nintendo World" is Universal Studios Japan's Nintendo area

One rumor i saw was Nintendo stuff in Universal Japan in 2018, '19 in Hollywood, and '20 in Orlando, but that was a rumor from early this summer. It'd be hard to get it up and running that quick.

Rumor has it going at the kids area, where ET is, at Universal. Another rumor had them building a third park video game park in Florida.
I think a Nintendo themed land would go better with the Islands of Adventure motif rather than the Universal Studios one which is strictly about films. But having said that I'm cool with whichever as long as they build it in Orlando too soon!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I think a Nintendo themed land would go better with the Islands of Adventure motif rather than the Universal Studios one which is strictly about films. But having said that I'm cool with whichever as long as they build it in Orlando too soon!

p14798_p_v8_aa.jpg

Violet_0

Banned
I bet they won't even let you jump and run or have platforms and pits where kids can knock their teeths out. We have become soft

Paul Gale

Callego

I bet they won't even let you jump and run or have platforms and pits where kids can knock their teeths out. We have become soft
It would be a missed opportunity if there is no obstacle course to emulate the platforming of a mario level.

Hope there's some metroid representation, even if it's just a person in a Samus suit to interact with.

Neiteio

Oh man, a lot to soak in. Stayed up all night playing FFXV... Will have to digest the details tomorrow. But it looks HYPE!

RagnarokX

After hearing Gamexplain describe this as being based on NSMB, I guess we gotta do this...

WFkgT3r.jpg

A9z1Dj7.jpg

Based on the heavy Mario Kart influence on Bowser's Castle I'm guessing it's likely to be the Mario Kart ride entrance.

5EGiWyQ.jpg

Also what looks like King Bob-Omb is hanging out on the bridge to DK's temple.

So Yoshi ride goes inside the mountaing, DK in the jungle area.
Mario Kart inside Peach's castle? And whats beyond the bowser gates? (maybe Mario kart?) Surprised to see that there, but super happy also.

Really hope the name is changed to Super Mario World in Orlando in the future if the third gate with the other franchises is true. Hollywood and Japan are obviosuly not going to have the space to build anything more after this, so they can stay with Mario only (wouldnt surprise me if Hollywood is a bigger remix, changing a lot of things to fit new characters and make way for Orlando's future expansion).

After hearing Gamexplain describe this as being based on NSMB, I guess we gotta do this...

WFkgT3r.jpg

rmNdPg4.jpg

Based on the heavy Mario Kart influence on Bowser's Castle I'm guessing it's likely to be the Mario Kart ride entrance.

5EGiWyQ.jpg

Also what looks like King Bob-Omb is hanging out on the bridge to DK's temple.

Gamexplain are usually horrible for this types of analisys. Do they even talk about the actual rumours (that are more than confirmed now) of the rides if they informed a little bit before making it, or are they talking out of their asses again like in the video with Miyamoto talking about the park?

Mario Kart inside Peach's castle? And whats beyond the bowser gates? Surprised to see that there, but super happy also.

Really hope the name is changed to Super Mario World in Orlando in the future if the third gate with the other franchises is true.

Gamexplain are usually horrible for this types of analisys. Do they even talk about the actual rumours (that are more than confirmed now) of the rides if they informed a little bit before making it, or are they talking out of their asses again like in the video with Miyamoto talking about the park?
Yes they do a lot.

maxcriden

The Yoshi's running around outside that the Mario World tower would imply the Yoshi's Island Dark Ride.

Mario Kart E-Ticket inside of Bowser's Castle? (Maybe that's the track you're on? Would make sense and be "easier" to theme than a daytime track... darkness is a theme park's best friend).

Also might imply no DK Mine Kart Coaster for Osaka.

There's a rumored Yoshi's Island ride? Amazing!

RagnarokX

Mario Kart inside Peach's castle? And whats beyond the bowser gates? Surprised to see that there, but super happy also.

Really hope the name is changed to Super Mario World in Orlando in the future if the third gate with the other franchises is true.

Well they spend most of the video arguing because Josh and the other guy are absolutely convinced that Bowser's Castle is an entrance to the Zelda section of the park even though it's most likely there won't BE a Zelda and Andre keeps trying to tell them that. They agree that the mountain is likely a Yoshi dark ride, the temple is a DK ride, and they can't decide where the Mario Kart ride is.

I would say Bowser's Castle is most likely the Mario Kart ride entrance based on the Mario Kart influence to its design. Peach's Castle could be an entrance to the World or just a meet and greet.
There's a rumored Yoshi's Island ride? Amazing!

I don't think it's Yoshi's Island. Based on this artwork I'd say you ride Yoshis through a Mario level; most likely with 3D World as a heavy influence.

Lol josh annoying as usual. He keeps thinking Zelda Land is on the other side of the Bowser Castle. It's like you do know they can only do so much and there's already 2 or 3 rides in that picture...

And that mountain was clearly from 3D World. I think Rodger mentioned it, but Andre kept saying NSMB.

RagnarokX

Lol josh annoying as usual. He keeps thinking Zelda Land is on the other side of the Bowser Castle. It's like you do know they can only do so much and there's already 2 or 3 rides in that picture...

And that mountain was clearly from 3D World. I think Rodger mentioned it, but Andre kept saying NSMB.

Yeah, it looks like the only way we're getting Zelda is if we get an expansion like Harry Potter got in Orlando. Looks like they're sticking with Mario and DK for now.

Well they spend most of the video arguing because Josh and the other guy are absolutely convinced that Bowser's Castle is an entrance to the Zelda section of the park even though it's most likely there won't BE a Zelda and Andre keeps trying to tell them that. They agree that the mountain is likely a Yoshi dark ride, the temple is a DK ride, and they can't decide where the Mario Kart ride is.

I don't think it's Yoshi's Island. Based on this artwork I'd say you ride Yoshis through a Mario level; most likely with 3D World as a heavy influence.

Yeah, been skipping the video, the probalem I have is that if they only just informed a little they will have a better view of things they actually talk about in the video but are completly wrong.
They say they dont know where this is placed when talking about the floor level, but we have known this for the past few months already:
universalnintendo013ysyq.png

They dont even showed the patents for the mario kart and DK rides even if they have been public domain and a big thing in the last week, even if they have already a video but It wouldnt hurt to use them here also to exapand info.

No Zelda makes me sad. I just want to go to a Beedle shop and see this:

tumblr_ni2utbOxam1sq0cvdo1_500.png

*shop music playing*

OOOOIOOOH

"I would like to buy this $18 Cinnabon, please."

THANK YOU

*credit card declines*

Beedle hits his knee saying you don't have enough.

*Pay with cash*

BBYYEEEE

Someone at Orlando United said by the description, Super Nintendo World doesnt go were it was planned anymore, but in the super giant parking area at the left, just below the harry potter area.

EIixQyu.png

the-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-seen-from-the-parking-lot-big.jpg

Thats would be huge if they wanted to add any future expansions, nearly a second gate basically for Nintendo, as its nearly half of the original park size.
Hollywod my be taking the bad end of the stick here if this is happening.

Now if Nintendo could actually make themselves sponsors and/or partners of the Olympic games somehow, that park would be packed during the 2020 games.

Gartooth

Wow this is crazy news to wake up to!

OK after going over the image it is clear that the 3D World mountain is the Yoshi ride. I saw the speculation about DK but there could be a chance Japan doesn't get it.

The location of Mario Kart is the big what-if here. I remember rumors on Orlando United mentioning that Peach's Castle could be a facade to enter the land like King's Cross was for Diagon Alley. If so, that would place Mario Kart inside Bowser's Castle.

Edit: OK I think if DK does fit somewhere that it could be underneath the bridge next to the giant Mario. The caves to the left of the land seem to be going for an underground Mario level theme. So I would expect shops and bathrooms along there and in places like the Toad house.

Gartooth

You have a whole them park dedicated to Nintendo and only use the Mario IP? >_>

It's not a whole park, only a "land" inside Universal Studios. So we can expect the size to be similar to the Harry Potter lands at Universal. Those can only fit around 3 rides each so with that limit it makes sense why to go all in on the Mario universe. They can keep the theme consistent for higher immersion.

No doubt if the land proves popular that Universal can also do another one similar to Harry Potter. A lot of people have been speculating on Pokemon or Zelda for phase 2.

The sooner we hear about other franchises, the better. I'd visit a Mario-themed park undoubtedly, but I gotta have Zelda.

Just weak and pathetic

Top Bottom