• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars: Masou Kishin - Pride of Justice announced for PS3 and Vita (Aug 22)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
http://gematsu.com/2013/05/masou-kishin-pride-of-justice-announced-for-ps3-ps-vita

A new Super Robot Wars game is in development for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita, this week’s Famitsu reveals.

Due out August 22 in Japan, Masou Kishin: Pride of Justice is the third Masou Kishin game following Masou Kishin: The Lord of Elemental on Super Nintendo / DS and Masou Kishin II: Revelation of Evil God on PSP.

First-run bonuses include a download code for Valsione, which changes its appearance to Valsione R from Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector.

TreIII

Well. I would NOT have expected this. But considering how much I love the Masou Kishin sub-series, I'll definitely buy it!

Any chance of a localization?

Third game in a sub-series that has never seen a localized release...and SRW OG itself hasn't seen a proper English release since back in the GBA era.

Sadly...I wouldn't hold your breath.

Fuck yeah. This is gonna be a mecha gaming summer. Gundam Breaker in June and Masou Kishin in August.

As for licensing, I think 2nd OG had a better chance than Masou Kishin.

Another Masou Kishin, and for the PS3? I guess the PS4 will be out before we finally get an HD mainline SRW.

Masou Kishin usually uses a different sprite style, so I hope that means they won't just reuse the OG2nd sprites, but considering how long OG2nd took to make I'm thinking they're gonna recycle.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Any chance of a localization?

Licensing probably wouldn't be biggest problem, but the chances are likely still low. This is the third entry, so one of the biggest questions would be how much could be understood without the first two.

Beth Cyra

Well I'm glad to see it's Vita/PS3, it gives me hope for Z3. Graned I don't know which platform I would buy it for.

Sadly have no interest in this line as I'm an Anime only SRW fan.

VariantX

Licensing, licensing, licensing! ;( It's what makes me cry myself to sleep at night.

There are no licensing issues with these games. Just the games that pull units from anime and other licensed media. The OG games and these games are all original stuff.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Sweeeet... other than the SRX team, Masou Kishin are my favorite set of characters from the OG-verse.

Beth Cyra

Most of these games seemed like giant crossovers to me :O

The majority of them are.

The OG series has a much more limited line up, though it's the only one on PS3 with OG 2nd and now this.

Still the bulk of the games are Anime cross overs, which is what I play. Honestly the OG stuff has zero appeal to me since I don't play the games for story, and just for my favorite robots wrecking shit.

Coxy

hmm, not half done with 2nd OGs yet but I guess august is a while off yet, will definitely get it at some point

Jubern

Doesn't look very good IMO, except for the finishers. It looks like it still uses that weird style of 3D models being used like 2D sprites. After the animation bump they got the Elemental Lords got in 2nd OG, this kind of hurt my eyes... Different style I know, but still.

But anyway, I always loved the Masou Kishin characters in the OG-verse so it looks like this is the right time for me to play the first two games. I actually played the first one up til the end of part one, just to get the backstory of Masaki&co before the main OG story kicked off, but kind of forgot to played the remaining part after that lol

Mupod

The majority of them are.

The OG series has a much more limited line up, though it's the only one on PS3 with OG 2nd and now this.

Still the bulk of the games are Anime cross overs, which is what I play. Honestly the OG stuff has zero appeal to me since I don't play the games for story, and just for my favorite robots wrecking shit.

It's funny, I thought the same way at first but now the OG mecha are my favorites.

Except Gaogaigar of course but it really wasn't in enough SRW games.

Beth Cyra

It's funny, I thought the same way at first but now the OG mecha are my favorites.

Except Gaogaigar of course but it really wasn't in enough SRW games.
I've only ever like 1 OG, the rest I think are garbage.

Nothing comes close to Grendizer or Getter Dragon. Though I would have forced myself to buy 2nd OG if it would've had Rand and Gunlion.

TreIII

Not bad! I'll always appreciate that these games have Full-Size models, and a bit more tactical application (re: watch your back).

After practically a decade of not getting no new Masoukishin content at all, it's kind of funny to be getting quite a bit now!

I'll probably end up getting it on the vita. No need to wait for shipping and after seeing that PV I can't imagine there will be a huge difference in quality.

Shouta

What the, Masou Kishin 3. Sheesh, talk about a revival. Let's just hope the story isn't as bad as Masou Kishin 2, at least from what I heard.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Didn't really know where to put this, but...

Dainiji-Super-Robot-Taisen-OG-JPN-PS3-Caravan.jpg

Operation Hot Blood of facebook and my own, Operation Original Generations, are petitioning for the localization of the Original Generation series of mech RPG games. Its been a few years since Atlus localized the original OG games for the Gameboy Advance. We aren't looking to maliciously demand that these games be localized by Namco Bandai, instead we simply wish to show Namco Bandai that there is a market for these types of games in North America and Europe.

So far, we've posted the petition to Facebook, Twitter, smaller forums (Atlus USA's forum, the-magicbox, and Xseed's forums).

I've included the link after the break..

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/superrobotwars/

We also have a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aAWGMEG_Dd0

Follow us at: https://twitter.com/operationog
Sister Twitter account: https://twitter.com/OpHotblood

The task is to get enough signatures so Operation Rainfall can help us out.

Top Bottom