• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars OG Infinite Battle announced for PS3

I called it. Masou Kishin III is out, time to announce a new SRW game.

http://gematsu.com/2013/08/super-robot-wars-og-infinite-battle-announced-for-ps3

Hot off the heels of Super Robot Wars OG Saga Masou Kishin III: Pride of Justice‘s Japanese release, Namco Bandai announced Super Robot Wars OG Infinite Battle for PlayStation 3 in this week’s Famitsu. Due out on November 28, the game will be available in a 7,480 yen standard edition and 8,980 yen limited edition.

The game is the realization of a collaboration between B.B. Studios, who developed the old Super Robot Wars games, and BEC, which had a hand in a number of Gundam games. Its story is said to be unlike Super Robot Wars games.

Infinite Battle uses a team battle system set on a 3D field where players can run about freely. The battle form varies by situation—it could be one-versus-three, two-versus-two, one-versus-one, etc. Attacks are simple: one button for fighting, one button for shooting, and another for a finishing move. Attack variations can be done by pressing other buttons together and using the d-pad, etc.

Confirmed mecha and pilots include:

Cybuster (Masaki Andoh)
Fairlion Type S (Latooni Subota)
Sladegelmir (Woden Ymir)
At Eisen Riese (Kyosuke Nanbu)
Soulgain (Axel Almar)
Gespenst Mk-II Mass Product Model (Russell Bergman)
The mecha from Super Robot Wars OG and OG 2 can also be selected.

Development on Super Robot Wars OG Infinite Battle is currently 80 percent complete. Details on the game’s weapon remodeling system will be shared in a followup report.

Jubern

So this is a bastardized Gundam Versus? Might be interesting...

Some details:
The mecha from Super Robot Wars OG and OG 2 can also be selected.
What it actually says is that the unnannounced units will be from OG1 and OG2. No OG2nd suits?

Also, for the people who buy the limited edition, there will be a classic-style SRW chapter, which covers Shu's wherabouts during the events of Super Robot Wars EX. The plot of that game was recently adaptated into Super Robot Wars OG2nd, but Shu's chapter was missing.

Jubern

Probably rushed kusoge so Namco can say 'play this instead of Full Boost' :v

That's also what I'm thinking. I hope it will be playable at TGS so I can try it beforehand...

edit > Oh, the developper is BEC. Nope, nothing to see here!
(not until it drops to 2500-3000 yen used, anyway)

squall23

lol, Climax UC devs. Would've preferred From Software instead, as long as it's not the team that made ACE R anyway.

TreIII

...Was so hyped until BEC.

Well, I'll at least see what it looks like before completely writing it off. It has Cybuster, after all.

So this is a bastardized Gundam Versus? Might be interesting...

Some details:

What it actually says is that the unnannounced units will be from OG1 and OG2. No OG2nd suits?

Also, for the people who buy the limited edition, there will be a classic-style SRW chapter, which covers Shu's wherabouts during the events of Super Robot Wars EX. The plot of that game was recently adaptated into Super Robot Wars OG2nd, but Shu's chapter was missing.

More on the Limited Edition:

Siliconera said:
A limited edition version includes Super Robot Taisen OG Dark Prison DLC and a downloadable episode for another PS3 game, The 2nd Super Robot Taisen OG. The episode will be made available for everyone in 2014, but you can play it early if you pick up the Super Robot Taisen fighting game.

fates

Be nice if some enemy mecha are playable. I really like the Inspector/Guest machines, be cool to use them in a game like this.

... Neo Granzon too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Honestly it sounds... crap.
OG is beyond boring, and knowing that BEC is developing this doesn't inspire confidence.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks about OG characters being like that.

Only one who stood out are mostly because of the voice actors (like Ratsel and Zanger).

Wow, guess we finally get the Shuu route! The fighting game looks like ass though... reminds me of ACE:R in a bad way, and the only GOOD thing about that game was the graphics.

Jubern

The PV seems to suggest that Shu's EX route will be a standalone download that costs 3000 yen.

At one point it says "bought separately : 10480 yen" and Infinite Battle is 7480 yen.
Pricey but, I'll probably get it when it launch separately.
Considering Namco Bandai still hasn't dropped the price of SRW Z2-1 and Z2-2 on PSN (7500 yen a piece) and seems to think 5000 yen for each of the first two Masou Kishin game on PSP is a deal, I'm not expecting this to go down in price, ever.

duckroll

The PV seems to suggest that Shu's EX route will be a standalone download that costs 3000 yen.

At one point it says "bought separately : 10480 yen" and Infinite Battle is 7480 yen.
Pricey but, I'll probably get it when it launch separately.
Considering Namco Bandai still hasn't dropped the price of SRW Z2-1 and Z2-2 on PSN (7500 yen a piece) and seems to think 5000 yen for each of the first two Masou Kishin game on PSP is a deal, I'm not expecting this to go down in price, ever.

Dark Prism is not part of the Infinite Battle game at all. It's a standalone title which they will sell for 3000yen on PSN starting Spring 2014. But for those who buy the Infinite Battle LE (8970yen), they will be including a download code for Dark Prism for "free". It's basically a bait and switch to try and get OG fans who like the SRPG to jump into this action garbage. Anyone who wants just Dark Prism should probably wait for it next year.

Acosta

Seems that team that made the first Gundam of PS3 is still on it. Looks horrible.

I'm ready for a new main Robot Wars with Mazinger in HD. I'm waiting!

Jubern

Dark Prism is not part of the Infinite Battle game at all. It's a standalone title which they will sell for 3000yen on PSN starting Spring 2014. But for those who buy the Infinite Battle LE (8970yen), they will be including a download code for Dark Prism for "free". It's basically a bait and switch to try and get OG fans who like the SRPG to jump into this action garbage. Anyone who wants just Dark Prism should probably wait for it next year.

Yeah that's what I got from watching the PV, didn't knew it was known before. Sorry!

duckroll

Yeah that's what I got from watching the PV, didn't knew it was known before. Sorry!

I'm just clarifying from the details in the trailer myself. Didn't even know Dark Prism existed until you mentioned it because I bailed out of the trailer early. Lol!

Top Bottom