• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars V and X coming to Switch, PC

Mista

Banned
Super-Robot-Wars-X-V-Switch-PC_07-23-19.jpg

Super Robot Wars V and Super Robot Wars X are coming to Switch and PC, Bandai Namco announced.

Super Robot Wars V originally launched for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in February 2017, and Super Robot Wars X for the same platforms in March 2018. Both titles are available in Japan and Southeast Asia with English text support.

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu will have a preview of the ports.

Release dates were not announced.
Gematsu

SRW GAF ASSEMBLE!

(I miss the old Community thread...)

Seriously, this pc port is a big deal to me. I'll finally be able to play V & X (IF my pc can run them). I hope Moon Dwellers and T get ported at some point too. As for which one to pick, I'm a bit more partial to X's cast due to Gundam G-Reco and Nadia.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Have never played around in this series but definitely stoked it's coming to Switch

Just another title to add to my draining wallet

not surprised about Switch port but legit shocked that its coming to PC.

I guess these 2 titles don't have license issues in the West lol.

not surprised about Switch port but legit shocked that its coming to PC.

I guess these 2 titles don't have license issues in the West lol.
Not sure if this is true but I read somewhere that Macross series were an obstacle to localization. And as we know there's no Macross in newer games.

Barnabot

Not sure if this is true but I read somewhere that Macross series were an obstacle to localization. And as we know there's no Macross in newer games.
If that's true then I think I could live without having Macross in the next iterations if that was the cost of having localization in the West. The Mazingers and the Gundams were always my mains anyways.

Macross is the most obvious example due to the legal nightmare involving Harmony Gold. In Japan, most of the series that appear belong to 1 or 2 companies (Bandai/Sunrise), but in the West, this may get complicated depending on who licensed what show.

This is why the only SRW games that got a western release were OGs, since they only used original designs; and why even though there is English version for the newer titles, they were only available in the Asian regions.

Vitacat

Cool. I'd be interested in the PC ports.

How would I buy them? Would they come to Steam or some other PC shops, or....? I'm in USA.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I've only played J, V and X in that order. I own K and L and I'm gonna play them eventually. Need to buy T too.

Good news for more exposure and V is literally the best players first game choice to go with.

A.Romero

Cool. I'd be interested in the PC ports.

How would I buy them? Would they come to Steam or some other PC shops, or....? I'm in USA.

I think a VPN is needed to make it seem you are connected from an authorized region.

After purchase I believe you can play without a VPN.

ranmafan

Fantastic news! Really been enjoying playing srwt on the switch, so having v and x on there will be a blast. Love the series. Like how they have been branching out and bringing in series you wouldn’t expect to the games, like Yamato and such. Just wish they would dig bring back some more older series and favorites from past games. And also wish they would stop using the Nadesico movie as a series in the game. That abomination of a movie should never be referenced again in any form I feel. Give me original Nadesico, and lock the movie away forever I say.

petran79

Banned
This means Macross is available in the Japanese version only or missing alltogether?
If the former, some fan patches could add it to the international version

Fantastic news! Really been enjoying playing srwt on the switch, so having v and x on there will be a blast. Love the series. Like how they have been branching out and bringing in series you wouldn’t expect to the games, like Yamato and such. Just wish they would dig bring back some more older series and favorites from past games. And also wish they would stop using the Nadesico movie as a series in the game. That abomination of a movie should never be referenced again in any form I feel. Give me original Nadesico, and lock the movie away forever I say.

Story continues in the Saturn and Dreamcast games and there were supposed to be 2 other movies and another series to conclude the saga. Most awful way to tell a story, no surprise it was cancelled and popularity was wasted

Last edited:

ranmafan

This means Macross is available in the Japanese version only or missing alltogether?
If the former, some fan patches could add it to the international version

Story continues in the Saturn and Dreamcast games and there were supposed to be 2 other movies and another series to conclude the saga. Most awful way to tell a story, no surprise it was cancelled and popularity was wasted

Oh I know, I have those games even with my pure hate of that film and all it is. It was an interesting way to go, one I didnt like. But the entire dramatic unwanted and unwelcome dark shift in tone of the movie and the pushing fan favorite Ruri to the front really lost me as a fan of the original show. They should’ve ended on the tv show I feel. But yeah every time we get a new srw, it’s always the Nadesico movie that’s included. I want the original back, so much fun and I want that fun back in srw.

But yeah it’s still cool to see the switch is getting those games. Now if only they could remake the alpha series.

Last edited:

JohannCK

Bandai Namco says they'll be able to confirm if the PC/Switch releases of V/X will be getting English releases in 8-10 days.

Just want to point out that that's a load of nonsense spread by people online. The Saturn game takes place between the series and movie and is largely irrelevant, and while the Dreamcast game does take place after the movie it has almost no plot at all.

Last edited:

sevoro

This is some great news! Now all that's left is for the absolute confirmation of English... I can die a happy man if so.

Mista

Banned
Bandai Namco Entertainment has confirmed that it will release both Super Robot Wars V and Super Robot Wars X for Switch and PC via Steam in Southeast Asia with English subtitles.

The Switch version of Super Robot Wars V will launch day and date with its Japanese release on October 3. It will include all 20 bonus scenarios previously released as paid downloadable content for the PlayStation 4 and PS Vita versions.

Top Bottom