• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars V |OT| V is for Voyage! There's an ENG version!

ranmafan

I forgot this was coming out now. It's been so long since I've played a new SRW. Been meaning to get back into it ever since I last played one which was Alpha 3. Might try and pick it up sometime soon. Glad to hear it has remote play, finding out the g gundam game didn't have that after buying it was a bummer. And I like the majority of the series in the list (although why do they always have to put in that terrible nadesico prince of darkness, aka one of the worst things ever created, instead of the nadesico tv series? I know it's the whole Ruri thing but man do I hate that movie with a passion.) hopefully I can get it soon but they picked a bad time for me to get it with all the games coming out these two weeks. But I will enjoy once I can get it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I forgot this was coming out now. It's been so long since I've played a new SRW. Been meaning to get back into it ever since I last played one which was Alpha 3. Might try and pick it up sometime soon. Glad to hear it has remote play, finding out the g gundam game didn't have that after buying it was a bummer. And I like the majority of the series in the list (although why do they always have to put in that terrible nadesico prince of darkness, aka one of the worst things ever created, instead of the nadesico tv series? I know it's the whole Ruri thing but man do I hate that movie with a passion.) hopefully I can get it soon but they picked a bad time for me to get it with all the games coming out these two weeks. But I will enjoy once I can get it.

Seems to be sold out on amazon outside of the reseller bastards... D:

ranmafan

Seems to be sold out on amazon outside of the reseller bastards... D:

I guess it's good then I have to wait anyway to buy it due to the avalanche of amazing games the next two weeks I've already got ordered. A lot of games selling out on Amazon these days on release it seems.

Keylow415

I should be getting the game soon but from I been watching the game is a really good improvement over z3 in a lot of ways. I hope V sells well and being in English I hope it gives it a good boost

Shouta

Man, the F91 sprite in this looks really nice overall. Animation isn't too shabby either. I was expecting worse for it, lol

Man, the F91 sprite in this looks really nice overall. Animation isn't too shabby either. I was expecting worse for it, lol
Yeah, that surprised me too. Overall, it looks really great. I expected a minor upgrade over Z3, but so far so good. I guess I'll get to complain when I get FMP units and they still suck.

Just finished stage 3 and so far, I'm really enjoying the story, that
Yamato x Crossbone Gundam
team up is kind of awesome.
That Ex system, or whatever it is called has huge potential to break the game, considering you can stack multi-attacks with it.
I like the idea of a skill tree, but it's a bit overwhelming, as there are still PPs on top of that shared pool of skills you develop. I'm heading for that super ace skill first.

(I complained earlier about the lack of a Yamato theme, but the default BGM is an arrange of that theme)

Shouta

Yeah, that surprised me too. Overall, it looks really great. I expected a minor upgrade over Z3, but so far so good. I guess I'll get to complain when I get FMP units and they still suck.

Just finished stage 3 and so far, I'm really enjoying the story, that
Yamato x Crossbone Gundam
team up is kind of awesome.
That Ex system, or whatever it is called has huge potential to break the game, considering you can stack multi-attacks with it.
I like the idea of a skill tree, but it's a bit overwhelming, as there are still PPs on top of that shared pool of skills you develop. I'm heading for that super ace skill first.

(I complained earlier about the lack of a Yamato theme, but the default BGM is an arrange of that theme)

Yeah Ex-System is really nice. It moves stuff away from being reliant on SP and pushes the player to spread the kill counts around if they want to make the most out of everything. Not as many straight SP batteries later on, I bet.

I've got an Asian version on order, although it might take awhile to get here. Excited to finally play one of these games. (A shame that some of my favorite mecha shows aren't in here, but the lineup is pretty good overall with a few favorites and a lot of stuff that I really like)

Parakeetman

There's a lot of sub-series that show up in this that I didn't list.

FMP - FMP, 2nd Raid, Fumoffu, novels
Crossbone - Skull Heart & Gotetsu 7-nin
Eva - Movies 1-3

The new Mazinger units and the Grungust/Huckebein are also in the game.

Shouta so by this quote does that mean there is a chance that Mazin Kaiser SKL is in the game then? ヾ(゚ロ゚*)ツ三ヾ(*゚ロ゚)ノ

PSqueak

Banned
Shouta so by this quote does that mean there is a chance that Mazin Kaiser SKL is in the game then? ヾ(゚ロ゚*)ツ三ヾ(*゚ロ゚)ノ

New Mazinger unit refers to completely original new Mazinger for Tetsuya, there is no Mazinkaiser (of skull variety or otherwise) in the game.

I never played super robot wars before, how's the series?

Strategy RPG comparable to a degree to Fire Emblem. The main attraction are the crossover of several Mecha animes (with world and plot merging) and amazing battle animations.

Parakeetman

New Mazinger unit refers to completely original new Mazinger for Tetsuya, there is no Mazinkaiser (of skull variety or otherwise) in the game.

Strategy RPG comparable to a degree to Fire Emblem. The main attraction are the crossover of several Mecha animes (with world and plot merging) and amazing battle animations.

tR1MGsQ.gif

If you like SRPGs and mecha related anime and whatnots you should enjoy the game. Try checking out the vids thats in the OT gives a pretty good idea of how the game plays.

I'm in Japan right now. Any where I could pick up the English version?

Only import shop that I used to know the manager called Chaos which carried "Asian" versions of games isnt around anymore. The other overly expensive one called Game Hollywood closed also. Both were in Akiba.

Outside of that not familiar with any other place that actually carries Asian titles. As there is little to no reason to here in Japan. Net shopping pretty much killed a lot of shops actually... Amazon Japan for example sometimes has stuff for sale. Though delivery date varies.

Going off memory from a visit to Nakano Broadway no place in there sells New foreign releases either. If there are any foreign titles its mostly used stuff.

The "Retro" shops like Super Potato for one example doesnt sell new foreign releases from what I remember at the Akiba and Ikebukuro shops.

With how long and unreliable Play Asia is with shipping speed, would not suggest trying to order from them here and have it delivered to your hotel or current place you are staying at either if you are here as a tourist.

Shouta

Yeah, I'm referring to the MazinEmperor G for Tetsuya. It's also the first time Shin Mazinger Zero, the manga, is appearing in SRW. It's been the anime up until this point. SKL is in the 3DS games, lol

The Shin Mazinger Zero units are way cooler than SKL.

Strategy series with giant robots. If you like Tactics Ogre, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics style gameplay and enjoy mecha, this should be a pretty fun play.

What series is that brown-haired dude with the weird sunglasses.

You can click on the picture to go to the wiki page. It should be Martian Successor Nadesico: The Prince of Darkness

I'm in Japan right now. Any where I could pick up the English version?

I don't know if any places in Japan that would carry the Asian version, unfortunately. =/

DVCY201

I'm just about finished Yamato 2199, so the fact that this is the main story is funny. I'll pick it up hopefully soon :)

Parakeetman

Track down the 3ds games for your SKL fix.

Specially BX, because that Team up attack with Shin Mazinger is the hypest thing ever.

I actually bought that one just for SKL lol. Though didnt like the original unit in it. D:

Yeah, I'm referring to the MazinEmperor G for Tetsuya. It's also the first time Shin Mazinger Zero, the manga, is appearing in SRW. It's been the anime up until this point. SKL is in the 3DS games, lol

The Shin Mazinger Zero units are way cooler than SKL.

Shouta y u ruin my day. D: lol. My LE edition is going to be showing up next week Friday for whatever reason... Thats ok gives me time to finish Nioh and Nier in the mean time then.

Shouta

The move they've done recently to larger portraits is really nice. It's been around for awhile but it's really noticeable in this game for some reason.

The number of backgrounds they added is a ton too.

Parakeetman

I recall it being OK. The animation was the big thing about it though, if my memory serves me.

Will go check it out, gonna have some downtime on the weekend with nothing to do. Need to find my Tsutaya card first. lol Cant be worse than the Eureka Seven movie...

Didnt want to do a google search on it in case of spoilers with the story and whatnots, esp considering how old it is.

Used to love the anime series, but back then never had the chance to see the movie when it came out.

Thanks for the reply!

Just did the tutorial and first two missions, enjoying it so far! I've played around with the fan translations before, but this is the first SRW games I'm planning on playing through.

I think I kinda broke the early game by unlocking the preorder bonuses though, I'm rolling in cash now. Is there an instruction manual for the game? I'm totally sure what the pilot stats like Skill do.

RangerBAD

I wanted to get this, but the last game I imported was 95 dollars in total. It's getting to be too much. DQ11 is probably the only game I'll import this year.

Shun

That works. I know basically nothing about Cross Ange other than Fukuda and lesbians.
Consider yourself blessed
The less you know about the show the happier you will be. lol

It's the greatest achievement made in robo anime in the past decade.

They managed to push every boundary possible and it's why so many people are excited for Cross Ange in this game.

It's really just so terribly bad that it's enjoyable and is like the unhinged no fucks given spiritual successor to Gundam SEED Destiny but with Zechs Merquise as the main antagonist and a lot of sex.

Even though it's very offensive as a product, robo anime fans kind of have an obligation to watch it just to experience it.

I wanted to get this, but the last game I imported was 95 dollars in total. It's getting to be too much. DQ11 is probably the only game I'll import this year.

It's only $60 on for the English PS4 version on play asia and they're doing free shipping right now. Also, I have a $5 off coupon that expires march 18 if anyone wants it, quote to reveal.

I also found it to be a bit over $60 by just buying PSN Singapore cards from offgamer and then downloading it, not sure the total cost cause I already had some $ in my PSN wallet for that account. I think it's like $90 Singapore dollars on PSN. Also offgamer has a weird verification system that denied me for my first order but still charged me for the currency fee ($1.25 iirc), worked fine a couple weeks later though.

Strings

Game is great so far, but the series roster is super boring (barring Yamato, Full Metal Panic and Eva).

There's a chance we get more Code Geass in the next release though, what with the horrible announcement of season 3, etc.

squall23

Game is great so far, but the series roster is super boring (barring Yamato, Full Metal Panic and Eva).

There's a chance we get more Code Geass in the next release though, what with the horrible announcement of season 3, etc.
Might Gaine is more exciting than any of those series though. Especially if they properly incorporate it's story in the second half.

Top Bottom