• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Scribblenauts announced for NDS

luffeN

Mock if old, didn't find through search

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment gibt heute bekannt, dass die Fortsetzung des revolutionären Videospiels Scribblenauts Super Scribblenauts heißen wird. Das Scribblenauts-Konzept basiert darauf, beliebige Wörter aufzuschreiben und dadurch Gegenstände auf dem Bildschirm erscheinen zu lassen, mithilfe derer Rätsel gelöst werden. Scribblenauts für Nintendo DS hat sich seit der Veröffentlichung im September 2009 weltweit über 1.1 Millionen Mal verkauft.

Super Scribblenauts, das im Herbst 2010 für Nintendo DS veröffentlicht wird, greift die innovativen Aspekte des viel gelobten Vorgängers auf, bietet eine verbesserte Steuerung und mit raffinierten, unterhaltsamen neuen Funktionen stundenlangen Rätselspaß. Die Spieler helfen in Super Scribblenauts Protagonist Maxwell per Nintendo DS-Touchpen und Touchscreen, die „Starite“ zu erreichen – jenem Preis, der als Belohnung für das Lösen von diesmal noch verzwickterer Aufgaben und überarbeiteter Levels winkt. Für die Entwicklung des Spieles zeichnet 5th Cell verantwortlich.

In Super Scribblenauts können die Spieler nicht nur die Namen beliebiger Gegenstände aufschreiben, sondern diese nun auch durch Adjektive modifizieren, um ihr Ziel zu erreichen. Die Adjektive können Farbe, Größe und zahlreiche andere Eigenschaften eines Gegenstandes sein, der dadurch anders auf seine Umgebung reagiert. Zudem besteht die Möglichkeit, mehrere Adjektive miteinander zu kombinieren und so die ausgefallensten Objekte zu erschaffen; elegante, brennende, fliegende Zombies werden damit genauso denkbar wie dicke, geflügelte, lila Elefanten. Dem Einfallsreichtum der Spieler sind kaum Grenzen gesetzt – und die Spielerfahrungen sind individueller als je zuvor!

Super Scribblenauts for Nintendo DS in Fall 2010. Introducing adjectives like color, height and other characteristics can be added to an object. You can combine different adjectives, example: classy, burning, flying zombies or fat, winged, purple elephants.

Thanks Kenak:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced today that the continuation of the revolutionary video game is super hot Scribblenauts Scribblenauts. The Scribblenauts concept is based on writing down any words and thus objects appear to be on the screen that are used to solve puzzles. Scribblenauts for Nintendo DS has been published worldwide in September 2009 on the 1.1 million copies sold himself.

Super Scribblenauts the 2010 for Nintendo DS will be released in the fall, uses the innovative aspects of the acclaimed predecessor, offers improved control and with sophisticated, entertaining new features hours of puzzle fun. The players help in Super Scribblenauts protagonist Maxwell via Nintendo DS stylus and touch screen, Starite "to achieve" the - that price, the reward for solving this time even trickier tasks and revised levels as waves. For the development of the game draws 5th Cell is responsible.

In Super Scribblenauts players can only write down the names of any objects not, but they also modify adjectives now to achieve their goal. The adjectives can, size, and many other properties of an object its color, because otherwise responds to its environment. There is also the possibility of working together to combine several adjectives, and so objects to create the most unusual, elegant, burning, flying zombies are thus just as conceivable as thick, winged, purple elephant. The ingenuity of the players are no limits - and the game experience is more individual than ever before!

Apath

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced today that the continuation of the revolutionary video game is super hot Scribblenauts Scribblenauts. The Scribblenauts concept is based on writing down any words and thus objects appear to be on the screen that are used to solve puzzles. Scribblenauts for Nintendo DS has been published worldwide in September 2009 on the 1.1 million copies sold himself.

Super Scribblenauts the 2010 for Nintendo DS will be released in the fall, uses the innovative aspects of the acclaimed predecessor, offers improved control and with sophisticated, entertaining new features hours of puzzle fun. The players help in Super Scribblenauts protagonist Maxwell via Nintendo DS stylus and touch screen, Starite "to achieve" the - that price, the reward for solving this time even trickier tasks and revised levels as waves. For the development of the game draws 5th Cell is responsible.

In Super Scribblenauts players can only write down the names of any objects not, but they also modify adjectives now to achieve their goal. The adjectives can, size, and many other properties of an object its color, because otherwise responds to its environment. There is also the possibility of working together to combine several adjectives, and so objects to create the most unusual, elegant, burning, flying zombies are thus just as conceivable as thick, winged, purple elephant. The ingenuity of the players are no limits - and the game experience is more individual than ever before!
Maybe they'll actually include usable controls this time around and not complain that it required too much man power to implement. You know, the most basic and fundamental part of video games for the past two decades.

-PXG-

Jackson told me the official title a while ago. I promised not to spill the beans on GAF. I like the title a lot. Makes me think of Super Street Fighter IV
JUST BLAZE!
every time I think about it :lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is this Scribblenauts 2? Not the best timed press release as there was a preview in EDGE last week.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I've finally managed to play through the original game during dead time at work. If they don't fix the actual game this time around, forget it. Played like ass. =/

MNC

So no proper sequel? Would be kind of hard to make it a sequel.

Not day 1 though. Hopefully all the glitches and bugs are worked out.

Gravijah

MNC said:
So no proper sequel? Would be kind of hard to make it a sequel.

Not day 1 though. Hopefully all the glitches and bugs are worked out.

In this day and age, what isn't proper about this? Hell, this is pretty normal for a sequel from any generation.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Oh this rocks. Love the official name.

Can NOT freaking wait!

Struct09

Brobzoid said:
Any world on you being able to control the character in this one?

A developer from 5th Cell posts here on GAF (Jackson), and he said there will be d-pad controls in this one.

Lijik

jooey said:
and the overhyping of scribblenauts begins anew
Heaven forbid I enjoyed the first game and thought the title was clever when they could have just as easily slapped a 2 on it and called it a day.

RJT

Nice title.

I wonder: if I write Super God what will appear? Will I collapse the entire Universe?

MikeE21286 said:
Just release the same game and let me control Maxwell without the damn stylus.
With the same horrible level design? No thanks. Controls were a large problem, but not the only thing wrong with Scribblenauts.

Lee N

Membre
Screens.

hQQycqJiH.gif
SrYIlbNVF.gif
XGkBTAdjG.gif

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't care what they'll add if they don't fix the broken gameplay mechanics for most of the game. The original was nearly unplayable at points, and frustrating to say the least.

Super Scribblenauts is taking the bad things out of Scribblenauts, it seems.

-D pad controls, better touch screen controls
-Camera doesn't snap back
-A much smaller emphasis on Action Levels (the most frustrating), almost all focused on puzzle levels
-Levels are bigger, have better hint systems, and can have multiple parts
-Improved physics, especially in terms of weight

With the fundamental issues fixed, I think Scribblenauts finally has a chance to win over the hardcore gaming crowd

SirPenguin said:
With the fundamental issues fixed, I think Scribblenauts finally has a chance to win over the hardcore gaming crowd

Are the words actually going to come closer to the level of interactions people were hoping for from the first game? Because if not, I don't think you can really say the "fundamental issues" are fixed.

For me, adjectives don't really strike me as adding much to the game compared to just deepening the existing interactions so that you get fewer solutions that "should" (but don't) work.

SirPenguin said:
Super Scribblenauts is taking the bad things out of Scribblenauts, it seems.

-D pad controls, better touch screen controls
-Camera doesn't snap back
-A much smaller emphasis on Action Levels (the most frustrating), almost all focused on puzzle levels
-Levels are bigger, have better hint systems, and can have multiple parts
-Improved physics, especially in terms of weight

With all of this, I'll happily buy Super Scribblenauts day one. My biggest issue was controls.

Top Bottom