• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Super Secret Nintendo" shoot with Zelda (Williams)

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Nintendo is doing some Super Secret filming in NY, most likely to be revealed at E3. Cast member Zelda Williams (daughter of Robin Williams; named after the famed series) has been tweeting about it and I believe the set could be of rather... interest.

Zelda Williams said:
This trailer is almost bigger than my house! Say hi to the behind the scenes crew :) super secret project has begun!

x2_634d638

Zelda Williams said:
Nintendo set update: don't be fooled, even directors get tired!

GOWL9.jpg

Zelda Williams said:
That's a wrap on Super Secret Nintendo set part 1! Look, real building, fake skyline

dbZ0X.jpg

Common sense tells you that this shoot has something to do with the Legend of Zelda series, mostly likely being tied into OOT 3D, Skyward Sword, or the rumored LOZ 25th anniversary title. But I find this last shot a bit..... interesting. Does that not look a bit like a cafe' setting? Or am I just trying to see things that aren't actually there? And is that coffee in her hand?!?!? I guess we will find out in eleven days. :)

Also of note:

Zelda Williams said:
Now it's time for my second, completely different Super Secret Special shoot tonight.

Hmm.... You can view more tweets from Zelda Williams here.

Iyec1.jpg

Fake Edit: Yes, some did in fact know about this yesterday. But, I believe this deserved its own thread because the information got lost within the many cafe rumor threads.

WillyFive

Very interesting. Wonder if it's for Nintendo Week or something more....

You know if Nintendo ever approves a Zelda movie, Robin Williams (a huge Zelda fan) is bound to be in there.

AceBandage said:
Hmmm...
Secret photo shoot... with Zelda Williams... For something that is coming out soon....

GEIST 2!

Made by Retro Studios? Count me in lol. That samus helmet in the lockers would make a lot more sense that way^^

Also, how cool would it be if her and her dad came out on stage at E3 to play Miyamoto and Reggie in the new Four Swords Adventure?

NEO0MJ

plank said:
who would name there child after video games? :p

Maybe it was inspired by the video game, but Zelda is not too unusual. Now if someone named his child Cloud or Samus we have a problem.

Luigiv

plank said:
who would name there child after video games? :p
Well to be fair, princess Zelda was named after Zelda Fitzgerald herself, so if we use circular logic, Zelda Williams was named after a real person.

NEO0MJ said:
Maybe it was inspired by the video game, but Zelda is not too unusual. Now if someone named his child Cloud or Samus we have a problem.
My thoughts exactly.

bengraven

The whole "trailer bigger than my house" thing is strange, coming from the daughter of one of the biggest actors/comedians of the last 30 years.

dreamcastmaster said:
She's hot.

She actually kind of has this exotic look in her eyes and nose that I pictured the "real" Zelda to have.

bengraven said:
The whole "trailer bigger than my house" thing is strange, coming from the daughter of one of the biggest actors/comedians of the last 30 years.

She actually kind of has this exotic look in her eyes and nose that I pictured the "real" Zelda to have.

Maybe they're using Will Smith's trailer?
255853781_d417e2be0b.jpg
post-335-1089597255.jpg

AceBandage said:
Maybe they're using Will Smith's trailer?
http://freddyo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/255853781_d417e2be0b.jpg[MG][IMG]http://freddyo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/post-335-1089597255.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

He has a better home theater system in his trailer than I have in my house.

bengraven said:
Maybe she is the real Zelda, this generation reincarnation of her. In the video she'll lift her hand and reveal she has the triforce of wisdom and say "I know you're out there, Link."

Video will then end and Reggie will grin to the crowd, revealing he has the triforce of power.

GoldandBlue said:
Maybe she is the real Zelda, this generation reincarnation of her. In the video she'll lift her hand and reveal she has the triforce of wisdom and say "I know you're out there, Link."

Video will then end and Reggie will grin to the crowd, revealing he has the triforce of power.

Reggie is Ganon? Fuck...
We're all dead.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
She's probably doing the 'promo' bits for Cafe's unveiling at E3 i.e. the video segments where someone in a swanky lounge is shown playing with it.

GoldandBlue said:

Zelda Cafe is going to be one of those live acton games? Interesting

gofreak said:
She's probably doing the 'promo' bits for Cafe's unveiling at E3 i.e. the video segments where someone in a swanky lounge is shown playing with it.
But her name is Zelda. After Zelda. They are hinting at something

Ellis Kim

Banned
gofreak said:
Yep, sounds pretty realistic.

Thread's over, folks, move along.

On a side note, I love how Robin Williams is awesome in how he's a fan of awesome things, whether its Zelda or Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Prime Blue said:
Most definitely. Everyone knows it's "Aerith".
Only if you enjoy speaking like a Looney Tunes character.

"Thufferin' thuccotash, Aerith! Look out for that thord!"

Considering how deep a gamer Robin Williams is I'm surprised he hasn't done narration/tutorial/voiceover work for any games that I know of.

I think he has a very entertaining voice (I'm sure some would disagree about that though)

bengraven

From The Dust said:
But her name is Zelda. After Zelda. They are hinting at something

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if they're doing a Zelda commercial starring her and maybe her dad, mentioning how he loved the series so much he named it after her.

Like one of those celebrity bus DS trailers with Robin Williams playing OoT3D and talking about how much he loves those games. And saying, "you don't believe me?" She walks in: "hey dad" The words on the screen say "ZELDA WILLIAMS".

GoldandBlue said:

Mind blown.

Krowley

GoldandBlue said:

As far as I'm concerned, the above is now officially true.

Also, if they are filming in a cafe, does that mean they will really name the console cafe?

And additionally, just wanted to add that she is really really really hot.

Top Bottom