• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. (3DS) Day-1 update adding Conquest mode

L~A

Looks like there's a Day-1 patch for Super Smash Bros. (3DS), only needed if you buy the retail version of the game (DL version is pre-patched). Looks minor, as you end up with ver. 1.0.1, but it does add online play. Update is 46MB (375 blocks)

It added a mode called Conquest, which will be unlocked on Monday at 3PM JST.

img01.png
img02.png
version.png

Basically, in online mode, Conquest sometimes triggers during a game. Each wins add points to a certain character, and at one point, players affiliated with the winning character will get some prizes. It's a bit like the Steam Summer Sale camp game. It's not active all the time, as once a Conquest session is over, it'll remain "dormant" for a little while.

Source

NateDrake

Excellent.

Funny that the US version of Hyrule Warriors also received the Day 1 patch today that added the 8-bit sword and Challenge Mode.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I hate stuff that dictates the online play pool of characters in a game. I don't want to see a sudden influx of Link in all of my games just so the community can boost a green section on a pie chart somewhere.

L~A

I hate stuff that dictates the online play pool of characters in a game. I don't want to see a sudden influx of Link in all of my games just so the community can boost a green section on a pie chart somewhere.

It's not activated all the time, and from the looks of it, it's not for all users at the same time, so I doubt there'll be any problems there.

So do we choose teams or are we forced onto ones and how many smash coins is a team change token?

We also need Diddy Kong sooner rather than later to get the Diddy's Kong quest joke out of the way (hope I did that right).

That assumes you have to play as Link to scoring points for the Link team. It is not particularly clear at the moment.

Sakurai is never done adding features.
Kid Icarus spotpass closed over a year ago. I gleefully activated it and then got my first and last message telling me it was closed. I have no idea what it ever did...well at least it told me it was closed, Dead or Alive dimensions hasn't told me...

Zombine

Banned
I am already happy with the current roster of characters, and this may be a little something extra from Sakurai and Nintendo, but I have a strong feeling that this may show that Nintendo is willing to update this title. I don't expect newcomers, but it would be nice if they took feedback and tweaked the gameplay every now and then.

emb

As long as patched in modes only affect the online play, I'm not too worried about it.

I hate when they ship incomplete games though. I'm really hoping we don't see them go overboard with balance patches. They're already off to bad start out of the gate by having a patch at all.

Top Bottom