• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 5: Yarning for Yoshi

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
For the new page

Sm4sh vs Brawl.

screen_5__2__by_aloo81-d76tosn.jpg

screen_2_by_aloo81-d76totl.jpg

screen_2__1__by_aloo81-d76totr.jpg

screen_4_by_aloo81-d76tot3.jpg

screen_3_by_aloo81-d76totd.jpg

screen_5__1__by_aloo81-d76tosx.jpg

screen_6_by_aloo81-d77ent4.jpg

screen_2__2__by_aloo81-d76totp.jpg

screen_7__1__by_aloo81-d76qr6w.jpg

screen_2__1__by_aloo81-d76qra0.jpg

screen_1__1__by_aloo81-d76toue.jpg

screen_3__2__by_aloo81-d76qr85.jpg

screen_2__2__by_aloo81-d76qr9k.jpg

screen_2__3__by_aloo81-d76qr97.jpg

I did these all over on my Tumblr. Theres more over there but I just grabbed a bunch and thought I'd share them here. The Brawl ones are rendered in Dolphin.

I think it's interesting to see the progress Sm4sh is making from where Brawl was.

J@hranimo

Banned
I feel like this stage for me is gonna be the hype stage when you wanna break from Final Destination. Even with walk off edges it's gonna be awesome because since it's a boxing ring most of the smashing will be in the ring....smart.

Two versions of the same stage.

Like the day and night version of Smashville
I'm guessing that's why we've seen that same Animal Crossing stage (wii U version) with a village backdrop and then another over the city. Probably the same dealy-o with the different layouts we've seen of Arena Ferox in the 3DS smash.

Starting to feel with stuff like this and the Toon Link thing IF Ridley was playable, they'd still have an option to have him dicking around in the background of Pyrosphere.

Jaeger

If that's two stages, that's lazy.

Not two stages, but the same stage with a different center graphic, that changes under certain conditions (more than likely, who is selected at the time).

Like a day and night change ala the Animal Crossing stage in Brawl.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Cool, but it irks me that some of the attacks you did dont match the Smash 4 ones :p

Good job anyways. Please do more.

For a couple of them I am doing the same attack, it's that in Brawl the animation is slightly different so I can't match it perfectly. For example, the one where Samus is doing the upward beam attack, she just doesn't stick her back leg out in Brawl so unless I missed a move where she does that, it's as close as I could get!

Also I did make more, they're over on my Tumblr but I grabbed the best ones at a quick glance to post over here.

Mariolee

That would be lame, to have two separate series to be tethered together like that.

They're basically (if not exactly structurally) the same stage, just aesthetically different. It's better than not knowing if you're getting this

Mushroomy.jpg

or this

Stage23_080123d-l.jpg

when choosing Mushroomy Kingdom.

For a couple of them I am doing the same attack, it's that in Brawl the animation is slightly different so I can't match it perfectly. For example, the one where Samus is doing the upward beam attack, she just doesn't stick her back leg out in Brawl so unless I missed a move where she does that, it's as close as I could get!

Also I did make more, they're over on my Tumblr but I grabbed the best ones at a quick glance to post over here.

LIke I said, that's her f-smash (at an up angle). It now seems to have an explosion effect in Smash 4.

I guess you did it to mirror the look of them more then showing the exact attacks.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It it just me or is brawl more detailed? Smash 4 is much more colorful, but I liked brawls style more so far :/

Brawl went for a more realistic look, this is obvious, while smash 4 is going for a more colorful look, however the detail is still technically there.

It it just me or is brawl more detailed? Smash 4 is much more colorful, but I liked brawls style more so far :/
Brawl's is more detailed and has a more realistic look but I disagree I prefer the more colorful and sleak design of 4. The only characters that don't look better, imo is Bowser and DK's face look whacky at times.

foxuzamaki

The more I look at brawl samus and smash 4 samus the better sm4sh samus looks, and the more cartoonish and gaudy brawl samus looks.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Pretty sure Samus is doing an f-smash in the Smash 4 picture.

LIke I said, that's her f-smash (at an up angle). It now seems to have an explosion effect in Smash 4.

I guess you did it to mirror the look of them more then showing the exact attacks.

forward_by_aloo81-d77xa7j.jpg

That's her forward smash. I think it's a different move.

Edit: Oh! Wild! I didn't know you could angle forward smashes up are down! Super cool! You're right, it's totally her forward smash and there isn't an explosion effect on it!

Zalman

Brawl's is more detailed and has a more realistic look but I disagree I prefer the more colorful and sleak design of 4. The only characters that don't look better, imo is Bowser and DK's face look whacky at times.
I think Bowser is a huge improvement, personally.

The more I look at brawl samus and smash 4 samus the better sm4sh samus looks, and the more cartoonish and gaudy brawl samus looks.
Finally more people see the light. I think the majority(not all) of people dislike Samus' redesign just because of the Other M connection. Ive always liked the sleaker more athletic design for Samus.

Seance

Banned
Once the game comes out so many are gonna be salty how it's not as good as old Smash and get all off-topic and shit. Taking up the torch dropped by HaloGAF lol.

foxuzamaki

Finally more people see the light. I think the majority(not all) of people dislike Samus' redesign just because of the Other M connection. Ive always liked the sleaker more athletic design for Samus.

Naw I always liked smash 4's samus more, just brawl's samus just continues to look worse everytime I see a side by side haha

AdanVC

Sm4sh vs Brawl.

screen_5__2__by_aloo81-d76tosn.jpg

screen_2_by_aloo81-d76totl.jpg

screen_2__1__by_aloo81-d76totr.jpg

screen_4_by_aloo81-d76tot3.jpg

screen_3_by_aloo81-d76totd.jpg

screen_5__1__by_aloo81-d76tosx.jpg

screen_6_by_aloo81-d77ent4.jpg

screen_2__2__by_aloo81-d76totp.jpg

screen_7__1__by_aloo81-d76qr6w.jpg

screen_2__1__by_aloo81-d76qra0.jpg

screen_1__1__by_aloo81-d76toue.jpg

screen_3__2__by_aloo81-d76qr85.jpg

screen_2__2__by_aloo81-d76qr9k.jpg

screen_2__3__by_aloo81-d76qr97.jpg

I did these all over on my Tumblr. Theres more over there but I just grabbed a bunch and thought I'd share them here. The Brawl ones are rendered in Dolphin.

I think it's interesting to see the progress Sm4sh is making from where Brawl was.

Great comparison! Sm4sh looks waaaay better/cleaner/colorful/attractive than Brawl to me. Dat new lighting engine that Nintendo has been using on their games lately really makes everything stand out very nicely, especially with bloom and rim lighting effects.

Nori Chan

Brawl went for a more realistic look, this is obvious, while smash 4 is going for a more colorful look, however the detail is still technically there.

Good to know I wasn't crazy about it being more realistic. I do enjoy the realistic look, but I still love how smash 4 is building up to be. That pikachu comparison pic has to be a go to pic when it comes to 4 looking amazing

J@hranimo

Banned
Of all the character models in Smash 4, Toon Link still remains one of the most impressive. He looks like something straight out of a high definition claymation film. So good. Love Smash 4's art direction.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
There we go!

tumblr_n129odALmY1s6sd6lo2_1280.jpg

Im not sure if this is right either. I think its supposed to be her transformation pose?

Or her reflecting attack? I could be wrong,

Ahhhhh I purposely didn't post that one here for a reason, it's a bad example yeah. I should correct it. I tried doing it with her taunt. I'll try with her transformation.

You should post these pics in that smash 4 graphics thread whatever it was called.

That was actually the thread I originally created them for, then decided to expand upon it for my tumblr!

foxuzamaki

Ahhhhh I purposely didn't post that one here for a reason, it's a bad example yeah. I should correct it. I tried doing it with her taunt. I'll try with her transformation.

That was actually the thread I originally created them for, then decided to expand upon it for my tumblr!

Ah, sweet!

Top Bottom