• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS: New Characters Video LEAKED! (SPOILERS)

nutted but she still sucking
op9PWrr.gif

7fc.gif

Cranzor

The lineup seems pretty cool.

I think this guy is trying to be smart with his leaks but it seems pretty silly. Why would he film the part where his name says "ESRB"? Isn't that something you'd want to avoid? It's as if he's intentionally trying to be misleading.

Crayolan

Hooooly fuck it's real. I can't...why Sakurai? Why cut Ice Climbers? Why lock veterans behind paywalls? I guess Nintendo has finally mondernized in the fucking worst of ways.

At the very least, we got Shulk I guess.

Sandfox

Stage Editor confirmed, can use assets from other stages.
Koopa Clown Car works as descripted, multiple Koopas as alts.
Krystal likely deconfirmed.
NessInEngland confirmed, accurately had the Multi-Man icon. This means All-Star mode was locked, likely implying there are characters yet to be seen.
That would be interesting.

SykoTech

Oh yeah, forgot Dark Pit was part of the rumor.

...that's pretty terrible. I've been perfectly fine with Sakurai fapping to his own games previously with Meta Knight and Dedede in Brawl and Paluenta here, but Dark Pit? Really? Lol.

If he really had to go down the route of adding dark clones, then it should have been Dark Samus or something. I would've taken that since Ridley's obviously being snubbed again. Ugh.

Crocodile

I'll never understand why people let their expectations go sky high with relation to Smash rosters. I didn't have high expectations at all and I'm really pleased with this roster. All the unique additions in the newcomers (ignoring Lucina and Dark Pit) is wayyyyy better than the newcomers Brawl got, IMO.

Let this be the third time as a reminder (Melee and Brawl also being considered "disappointing" rosters): never overhype a Smash character roster (as long as Sakurai is the director), you're bound to be disappointed.

Are you asserting that if the director was someone other than Sakurai, the roster would be strictly better? That seems presumptuous. Given the depth of Nintendo's IP well, I dunno if you can make a roster that pleases EVERYBODY without it being 100 characters larger or some nonesense.

Stage Editor confirmed, can use assets from other stages.
Koopa Clown Car works as descripted, multiple Koopas as alts.
Krystal likely deconfirmed.
NessInEngland confirmed, accurately had the Multi-Man icon. This means All-Star mode was locked, likely implying there are characters yet to be seen.

WHERE?

Garraboa

Overall, Dark Pit sticks out like a sore thumb in this roster. Really? Like, make space for someone with more potential like Wonder Red or something.

Grakl

It's his opinion, what if he is not fan of those characters?

It's his opinion, what if he is not fan of those characters?

Samus my main forevever, and I will keep waiting for the day Lyn, Isaac and Dark Samus are playable. <3

Then he's wrong, of course!

Kinsei

Banned
So then there are about 30+ characters you would have interest in using right? Which is MORE than the entire roster of 64 or Melee. Your reasoning makes NO SENSE :/

Ruining one of my favorites (Samus), cutting one of my favorites (Ice Climbers), and Refusing to fix one of my favorites (Ganondorf) outweigh everything else for me.

Yeah, but on the other hand:

Metroid_boxart.jpg
Smetroidbox.jpg
Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.jpg

Metroid_--_Zero_Mission_%28box_art%29.jpg
Metroid_Fusion_box.jpg

Yeah, It's too bad her design isn't based on one of those games.

I 'm part of #Teamfake, but it never was for denial. I would LOVE this roster, and fuck Bowser Jr. haters. So my question is: how many possibilities are there that this is fake?

Fou-Lu

The removed characters kind of really upset me, but it's nice to see Shulk is in and Duck Hunt Dog is a really cool roster addition.

But how can I go on without Lucas!?

Toxi

Banned
Oh yeah, forgot Dark Pit was part of the rumor.

...that's pretty terrible. I've been perfectly fine with Sakurai fapping to his own games previously with Meta Knight and Dedede in Brawl and Paluenta here, but Dark Pit? Really? Lol.

If he really had to go down the route of adding dark clones, then it should have been Dark Samus or something. I would've taken that since Ridley's obviously being snubbed again. Ugh.
Dark Pit is just sad.

daydream

Banned
So, if the leaks end up being 100% real, then Ice Climbers will be DLC, right?

In that case, I am more bummed about ROB not making the cut. Actually my go-to guy in Brawl. :(

Edit: I'm dumb, he's in! Woo!

Ridley327

I 'm part of #Teamfake, but it never was for denial. I would LOVE this roster, and fuck Bowser Jr. haters. So my question is: how many possibilities are there that this is fake?

You would have to be saltier than the Dead Sea to deny this leak at this point.

Top Bottom