• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. IntelliHeath-5669
2. theprodigy-4080
3. foxuzamaki-4013
4. SuperSah-2991
5. ffdgh-2908
6. Horizon-2745 (+1)
7. BGBW-2551 (+5)
8. SmithnCo-2545 (-2)
9. Boss Doggie-2534
10. qq more-2397 (-2)
11. Troubled Bat-2338 (+2)
12. Village-2281 (-2)
13. I'M FINISHED-2229 (-2)
14. DaBoss-2227
15. Berordn-2136
16. Beelzebufo-2132 (+6)
17. georly-2047
18. Ryce-1998 (-2)
19. Neiteio-1960 (+1)
20. Loco4Coco-1914 (-2)
21. zroid-1650 (-2)
22. Red Arremer-1552 (-1)
23. PadWarrior-1475 (+7)
24. MrSaturn99-1460 (+2)
25. Kriken-1410
26. Neoriceisgood-1383 (-3)
27. Caladrius-1344 (-3)
28. Azure J-1336 (+1)
29. SenorArdilla-1332 (-1)
30. Toxi-1315 (NEW)
31. BassForever-1301 (-4)
32. GamerSoul-1197 (-1)
33. Pop-O-Matic-1100 (NEW)
34. Anth0ny-1096 (-2)
35. Hyperactivity-1053 (NEW)
36. Kyzon-1025 (NEW)
37. Benzychenz-1001 (NEW)

also, I wonder if Marth was slowed down a bit to differentiate between him and Lucina

Ryce

Repost from another topic:

I believe Lucina will be selectable from Marth’s slot — she’s essentially just an alternate costume in the vein of girl Villager or male Wii Fit Trainer, but because she’s a different character than Marth with a different name, she has her own page on the official site. I also think Dark Pit will be implemented in a similar fashion (as teased in Palutena’s trailer). He’ll have his own name and voice, but he’ll be selectable from Pit’s slot.

Neiteio

screen-6.jpg

Yeah we're definitely getting a Chrom alt. I wonder for who?

He looks funny as shit here by the way for some reason. Also I think Lucina looks better on the 3DS version.
That's just a shot of the Final Smash. Sky is all dark on one side, and bright where Robin is glowing on the other. The trailer clearly shows that Robin's Final Smash is Pair Up, with Robin and Chrom double-teaming a target in mid-air. It's even prefaced by the same "critical hit" banner that flashes across the screen in FEA. :)

I believe Lucina will be selectable from Marth’s slot — she’s essentially just an alternate costume in the vein of girl Villager or male Wii Fit Trainer, but because she’s a different character than Marth with a different name, she has her own page on the official site. I also think Dark Pit will be implemented in a similar fashion (as teased in Palutena’s trailer). He’ll have his own name and voice, but he’ll be selectable from Pit’s slot.
I haven't watched the trailer enough, but aren't people saying that Lucina has unique animations/move speeds? How would that work if she's an alt?

I'd be okay with that.

screen-6.jpg

Yeah we're definitely getting a Chrom alt. I wonder for who?

He looks funny as shit here by the way for some reason. Also I think Lucina looks better on the 3DS version.

The person on the right is Lucina, if I'm not mistaken? Is this an alt costume for her? Sorry I'm not really that familiar with the Fire Emblem universe.

Neiteio

That's possible, although I'm more inclined to believe she'll have a move-set based on Marth but with modified properties (speed, power, falling, etc) so that she's her own character in the same sense that the clones in Melee were their own characters.

That's just a shot of the Final Smash. Sky is all dark on one side, and bright where Robin is glowing on the other. The trailer clearly shows that Robin's Final Smash is Pair Up, with Robin and Chrom double-teaming a target in mid-air. It's even prefaced by the same "critical hit" banner that flashes across the screen in FEA. :)

I think the original poster was claiming that the model looks too good to just be used in the final smash and nothing more

You are incredibly wrong.

Lucina will have her own portrait in the character select screen entirely seperate from Marth. Don't be naive.

Neiteio

The person on the right is Lucina, if I'm not mistaken? Is this an alt costume for her? Sorry I'm not really that familiar with the Fire Emblem universe.
Person on the right is Chrom, the father of Lucina. He's part of Robin's Final Smash, representing the Pair Up mechanic from Fire Emblem Awakening.

Chrom and Lucina are both descendants of Marth, by the way.

That literally doesn't make any sense at all. You actually contradict yourself in your own impressions.

She's is a newcomer and is her own character.

Person on the right is Chrom, the father of Lucina. He's part of Robin's Final Smash, representing the Pair Up mechanic from Fire Emblem Awakening.

Chrom and Lucina are both descendants of Marth, by the way.

Thanks for the info! Makes sense - I should probably start playing their games someday.

Azure J

This is my thoughts on the matter. I figured it was going to be like how Wii Fit Trainer/Male Wii Fit Trainer, Robin/Female Robin and Villager/Female Villager worked. We won't know until the game releases but it's food for thought.

Does the concept of Lucina's roster spot bewilder you that much?

This is my thoughts on the matter. I figured it was going to be like how Wii Fit Trainer/Male Wii Fit Trainer, Robin/Female Robin and Villager/Female Villager worked. We won't know until the game releases but it's food for thought.
Not food for thought.

She literally has her own icon, character screen, and things every other independent character does by herself.

Wii Fit Trainer has the male/female varieties in one page as does Robin and Villager.

I don't know why so many people are reaching but it's painful to read.

Durden77

What I mean is that so far when Sakurai has made a full model like this, he hasn't let it go to waste. I think it's really likely that we're going to be able to use this model as an alt, possibly for Marth.

This is what gets me. It seems like he is definitely referencing the leak. Why did the Xenoblade writer tweet this particular announcement if Shulk wasn't in it? It seems like misdirection.

The trailer start with Chrom on the ground already knocked out. He can't even get up at the end and says how maybe next time is his chance. Why the focus on Chrom being completely out unless it was directed at the leak.

Then the leaker sends an e-mail the night before assuring the a specific character will be revealed adding to the Shulk confirmation. Why this trailer does he go all in.

As insane as this sounds it's seem there is too much evidence that Sakurai knows what was leaked and is going against it.

Insane?
This is an everyday thing in other media. Altarnate episode titles for season finales, altarnate scene recording to stop leaks from happening, etc...

People who think Sakurai doesnt know about the leaks and its acting accordingly (like any creator would do, creators hate any kind of leaks of their creations) are deluding themeselves.

The leak was real, the leaker is obviously someone that doesnt have all the info at hand, probably a transalator or something similar, and someone who doesn't know any changes that couldt happen during developing process.

As I said in the other thread I wouldn't even be surprised if he let's Shulk's trailer for the last. Telling Monolith people to tweet was, of course, part of his plan.

Ryce

You are incredibly wrong.

Lucina will have her own portrait in the character select screen entirely seperate from Marth. Don't be naive.
1. Lucina's the only newcomer with a veteran-sized box on the official site.
2. Lucina shares every single animation with Marth. She's more of a clone than Toon Link.
3. "Lucina wakes her blade?!" She's the only newcomer with an ambiguous tagline.

Naivety is denying that Lucina is being handled differently than every other newcomer revealed to date. She could very well be selectable from Marth's slot, which is all I'm suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom