• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Is it bad that I'm already hoping that Smash 4 will have a Project M style mod? Watching some Project M matches right now and I just can't help but feel like Smash 4 is going to be disappointing.

I dunno. After playing Bowser at Smashfest I can never go back to Bowser from Brawl or Melee ever again.

Is it bad that I'm already hoping that Smash 4 will have a Project M style mod? Watching some Project M matches right now and I just can't help but feel like Smash 4 is going to be disappointing.
Unfortunately, we'll probably be getting ready for Smash 7 by the time it exactly comes out.

You know, I figured with them doing the tightrope act (specifically staying away from stuff that either isn't referenced in Brawl or comes from games later in Nintendo's catalog) they could avoid the Ninjas, but this post reminds me that Sakurai's toes could get stepped on. There's no shortage of interviews where he mentions that his character tank is something he can't talk about even in the completion of one Smash game since it does factor into later entries in the series.

I won't lie, I hope it happens in a manner where P:M and official Smash games coexist with their own updates and whatnot, but it'd be completely ignorant of me to overlook what could happen.

It's mainly silly because they know "original" characters are what would bring down Nintendo's lawyers. If they do go down that route, they are inviting confrontation.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Since people like analogies here.

It's pretty much like people that would asking for sequels for the movies without seeing first movie and based their intuition on the trailers.

Negator

Are you legitimately asking if it's bad? Because yes.

Well, I wouldn't necessarily call it bad. Bad for me? Probably.

Given the nature of Sakurai's comments in the past regarding competitive play, please excuse me for having little to no faith that Smash 4 will be a game I want to play two months after it comes out.

SerodD

At this point it's impossible to be more disappointing than Brawl, and it's still a work in progress, I actualy think it will be pretty good if they listen to the complains.

random25

Yeah it's bad. Just wait until the game comes out. Who knows, with new mechanics, we'll see a new breed of Smash competitive play.

Toxi

Banned
Villager was highly requested during the time of Brawl and then Sakurai killed that by explicitly stating Villager is not a fighter so Villager would not be a playable character. And now we're at Smash 4 lol.
No, Tom Nook was heavily requested (I remember the reactions when he was confirmed in the background of Smashville). People didn't think Villager could be in because it was a generic customizable character.

CHusson91

Banned
SlqdMXG.jpg

So after a long day at the World Hobby Fair, I went home and opened the Smash flyer I recieved. Take a look at the question mark next to the Miis. Doe this mean a fighter will be revealed soon? Tomorrow is the last day of the event.

So after a long day at the World Hobby Fair, I went home and opened the Smash flyer I recieved. Take a look at the question mark next to the Miis. Doe this mean a fighter will be revealed soon? Tomorrow is the last day of the event.

Either Chrom, Shulk for reveal, veteran, or hinting at unlockable characters.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Aw yeah. Just grabbed QR codes for Iwata, Lincoln, Sakurai, and Hank Hill Miis. I'm ready for Smash.

Man I would love to have that flyer. Make an excellent wallpaper for my computer. I thought the question mark was for random?

Man I would love to have that flyer. Make an excellent wallpaper for my computer. I thought the question mark was for random?
It does on the game's character select but I doubt they'd put 'random character' as part of the roster on an advertising flier :3

Edit: beat to it by Mr. Smiley XD

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

There are 6 question marks...

MEWTWO
RIDLEY

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Maybe it's the image quality, but I swear I see a silhouette visible behind the "?"

DaBoss

No, Tom Nook was heavily requested (I remember the reactions when he was confirmed in the background of Smashville). People didn't think Villager could be in because it was a generic customizable character.
That was after Villager was disconfirmed.
The Smash 3 texture pack makes the game look brand new and very cohesive.

It also really shows how well modeled the characters are when all they get are a few new textures and the game looks like a new release.
That looks terrible to be honest.

Yeah, they all go into one of the folders generated for Project M on the SD card. The instructions should be in the thread. I'm still waiting for their next big update.

Hmm. so far I just see how it says to download the pack. But not how to install it. I'll have to keep digging. I just want the alts and colors. No other updates.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Thanks for the scan. It look good.

Is that Hades by Palutena?? Assist Trophy confirmed!

I think it's a firework from Palutena's celestial firework.

Maybe it's the image quality, but I swear I see a silhouette visible behind the "?"

I thought I saw something there but I'm pretty sure that it meant nothing anyway.

I imagine the question mark is to show not all characters have been revealed, not to indicate that a reveal is soon.

Yep, they did same thing for other fighting games.

Do I need PM? I just want to use the texture pack and alts for my regular copy of Brawl.

Ah. No you don't! You just need the basic File Patch code for gecko. It activates the same way P:M hackless does.

There should be a simple replacement pack somewhere, I'll see if I can help out.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Basically, it's another confirmation that they considered Mii Fighters as three different characters/movesets since you can see Mii Fighter's icon had same size as three icons of characters.

It doesn't make sense though. I mean, wouldn't a single box with selectable custom Miis be more elegant in selection? What's the point of separating them into three boxes when they're all customized to begin with?

Ryce

The fact that so many people believed Tom Nook would be included before the actual playable protagonist will always amuse me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom