• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

This post could use more smash related substance, going back to that tier hopes stuff I just hope my favourites don't end up at the top, throw all types of mii as the bottom three.
Good point. I didn't put it in my list, but it'd be lovely if Mii's were bad enough that no one wants to ever play them. I'm not a big fan of them, though I was expecting and almost hoping for them to go ahead and be in this Smash.

Toxi

Banned
Eh, what the hell. Put me on #TeamReal.
KuGsj.gif

I'm in it for Klown Kar and Duck Hunt Dog.
Koopa Klown Kar? uh...

Pikma

Banned
I gotl sick today, very very sick, I really hope Sakurai has some compassion and actually announces something relevant today :(

TomShoe

Banned
Don't worry, no avatar betting is happening on a list-wide basis at least where I'm concerned. People can do that shit individually or use the lists for that purpose if they want, but the lists I've been maintaining (and have been asked to maintain) are strictly just for fun.

I'm going to make a Google Docs survey so people can sign up if they choose.

I also need some ideas for avatars, got one from Toxi for #TeamFake but that's it.

I gotl sick today, very very sick, I really hope Sakurai has some compassion and actually announces something relevant today :(

Captain Falcon in shorts?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hopes for top tier characters:

1. Fox
2. Meta Knight
3. Falco
4. Marth
5. Ice Climbers

Hopes for bottom tier:

1. Samus
2. Link
3. Ganondorf
4. Zelda
5. Ness

Not serious

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why do you guys think it's fake?
Because I always treat leaks with suspicion until proven otherwise. Since there's no proof that this is undeniably true I'm going with fake.

No matter the result I don't lose. Whereas if I thought it was real and started to believe this is what we're getting and then it turns out it isn't I might end up disappointed.

Basically #TeamFake is the safer option.

"We've listened to fan-feedback and brought back Kirby's old Final Smash! Wow! Looks like his Dreamland famous soup could make anyone feel better!"
Get well soon :)

If you guys are setting up team-sided avatar bets, you'll need to have a baseline for what would prove the leak real or fake. Also, I will probably want in. =P

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Because I always treat leaks with suspicion until proven otherwise. Since there's no proof that this is undeniably true I'm going with fake.

No matter the result I don't lose. Whereas if I thought it was real and started to believe this is what we're getting and then it turns out it isn't I might end up disappointed.

I dunno, I'm kind of leaning real and hoping it's fake. So if it is fake what we actually get might be less disappointing.

GamerJM

Banned
That gives me a fantastic idea for a #TeamReal vs. #TeamFake avatar bet.

Whichever team loses, everyone on that side has to wear some kind of avatar for a week.

I just want to say, I really dislike when people propose this. We clearly have people on both sides who don't frequent this topic that often who might not even see this. Also, no one ever signed up for an avatar bet just by saying they're on "#TeamReal" or "#TeamFake".

emb

I dunno, I'm kind of leaning real and hoping it's fake. So if it is fake what we actually get might be less disappointing.
True. There are more newcomers than I expected there, but I hate the cuts. I'd honestly rather have Lucas, Wolf, and Ice Climbers back than have Jr, DHD Dog, and the two clones.

I'd be happy still though because Shulk.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've already made my avatar (though I've designed it so that it could change based on how the leak is proven) so I'd rather stick with the option that allows me to give that to someone.

Though I'm disappointed that the person who said they'd take up a bet with me hasn't posted since so no idea if the bet is technically on. No fun in giving an avatar to someone who doesn't show their face much so I may be available for a one on one bet with someone.

I don't have any hopes for bottom tiers, so instead I'll name my 10 top tier characters
1. Ganondorf
2. Bowser
3. Kirby
4. Mega Man
5. Sonic
6. Mario
7. Samus
8. Link
9. DK
10. Pikachu/Pac-Man

I feel the same. Actively hoping a character is bad seems weird to me. My top 10, only using confirmed characters:

Sonic
Bowser
Pac-Man
Little Mac
Charizard
Captain Falcon
Rosalina
Villager
Luigi
Samus

Neoxon

True. There are more newcomers than I expected there, but I hate the cuts. I'd honestly rather have Lucas, Wolf, and Ice Climbers back than have Jr, DHD Dog, and the two clones.

I'd be happy still though because Shulk.
Again, neglecting the DLC part of MOTHERFUCKING LEAKER's leak.

Makai

We wanna know what you think about the leak's authenticity, not whether you're scared to be wrong ;)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We wanna know what you think about the leak's authenticity, not whether you're scared to be wrong ;)
I've posted many reasons why it can be fake and seeing as I'm willing to take an avatar bet over this I'm not exactly scared (also I've wanted to take part in one anyway so this is a good opportunity).

emb

Again, neglecting the DLC part of MOTHERFUCKING LEAKER's leak.
Sorry, meant to say I'd rather have those actuallly back. Even if the DLC list is real, DLC characters are undoubtedly second class citizens. Unless they're included in the package with the Wii U version. Then I guess I don't really care.

TomShoe

Banned
I just want to say, I really dislike when people propose this. We clearly have people on both sides who don't frequent this topic that often who might not even see this. Also, no one ever signed up for an avatar bet just by saying they're on "#TeamReal" or "#TeamFake".

This is why I'm doing a Google Doc survey for this. Explicit permission is given when you fill out a survey, instead of just posting on the forum. MaverickHunterAsh has his own list.

Neoxon

We've abandoned her, and now we're paying the price. Leaks coming out of
K
nowhere, tearing us apart. We need her godly grace now more than ever, to put an end to all of this. To bring the leak roller coaster to a decisive end.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Out of curiosity, I visited an archive of Nintendo of America's webpage shortly after the release of Super Smash Bros. in North America: https://web.archive.org/web/19990427192531/http://www.nintendo.com/home/index.html

There's a link there to the Super Smash Bros. Slamfest '99 which was held on April 24 that year: https://web.archive.org/web/1999090...t.com/nintendo/19990424/product_announcement/

It was a live broadcast wrestling match between the characters in the original commercial - Pikachu, Yoshi, Mario and Donkey Kong. Held at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas to promote the the release of the game on April 26. Now, I haven't been able to find much information about this at all, the only thing I could find was a writeup and some photos from a Tripod site called Zelda 64 Central, apart from the information available on the site hosted by MediaOnDemand.com:

At the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada, Mario and Yoshi squared off with Donkey Kong and Pikachu. The "Slamfest" was being broadcasted over the internet live. The excitement was there. The thrill was there. The crowd was there.

Mario and Donkey would start the match. Donkey Kong, being much larger than our favorite plumber, quickly took Mario out. Yoshi came in and got his revenge on the gorilla. Pikachu would come in for the monkey only to be knocked down by Yoshi's lethal tail.

Then, before anyone knew it, Mario went crazy. He wiped out Donkey Kong, Pikachu, and his own teamate, Yoshi. Ultimately, the match would end in a crash which knocked out everyone resulting in a draw. "Everyone is a winner!" the announcer yelled.

Wow, just like a Barney episode gone bad. It sucked...

Even though I wasn't able to go see the match myself(I uhh...lost my plane tickets, yeah, that's right...), I was able to question a member of the audience, 8 yr. old, Maree O'Brothers. When I asked him what he thought of the fight, he said, "It was rigged you idiot. It was just a stupid promotion for a video game. Get a life!". His comment left me thinking how sad the youth of today is...so sad, so young, so innocent...

The archived page of the event can be crawled from earliest September 8, 1999, but there's no media there.

A link to a rebroadcast of the event is there, but it doesn't work:: http://media.internetbroadcast.com/nintendo/19990424/product_announcement/meta/rebroadcast.ram

Mario, Yoshi and Pikachu have working descriptions, the page for Donkey Kong does not work.

Mario

"The Italian Stallion" is the clear favorite in this match, given his background in battling against the odds. Mario has the advantage of experience in fighting Donkey Kong in many epic construction site battles. It’s anyone’s guess how he’ll fare against the big ape in the ring, especially with his best friend, Yoshi, out to give him a licking at the same time!

Odds: 3-2
Yoshi

"The Dinosaur of Disaster" is anything but extinct when he enters the ring! Yoshi will float like a butterfly and lick like a hound dog when he finally gets a chance to get even with his buddy Mario for all those years of listening to his whining as a baby!

Odds: 4-1
Pikachu
"The Beast from the Far East" may look like nothing more than a giant yellow rat, but Pikachu is a spark-plug of pugilistic power. Star of the hit Pokemon game and television show, and adored around the world, Pikachu will have legions of Pokemaniacs in his corner rooting him on towards victory. Noting his short reach and small size, oddsmakers aren’t giving him much of a chance, but Pikachu might just surprise everyone.

slamfest99u3k2z.png

I wonder if they could perhaps make a similar event for the Wii U release. Perhaps they could team up with WWE and have some famous wrestlers get into those suits and duke it out.

slamfest14ayrxz.png

Could be something like this maybe (of course would have required a lot of planning):

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nintendo is teaming up with WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.) to bring fans worldwide a very special event dedicated to the launch of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. On November 27, fans from all over the world are invited to New York and Madison Square Garden to experience Super Smash Bros. Slamfest '14! In this spectacular show, a wide lineup of WWE superstars will be portraying fighters, fan favourites and newcomers alike, from the Super Smash Bros. and go head to toe in the arena.

Nintendo's and WWE’s Super Smash Bros. extravaganza, Slamfest '14, will air live on Thursday, November 27 at 7 pm ET from New York. Viewers can choose from the following convenient ways to experience Slamfest

Web: Starting today, fans can go online to visit the Slamfest '14 website at http://www.slamfest.events for the latest information about air times, tickets to the show, roster and much more. The site will be optimized for smartphones, so people can keep up-to-date while on the go. Visitors to the site also can watch a live stream of the Super Smash Bros. Slamfest '14 beginning at 7 pm Pacific time on Thursday, November 27.

WWE Network: Slamfest will also be available via WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 streaming network, and will feature apart from the main event also live pay-per-view 30 minute pre- and post-shows. WWE Network is available through the WWE App on TV via connected devices including Roku streaming devices, Sony PlayStation® 3, Sony PlayStation® 4 and Xbox 360. WWE Network is also available through the WWE App on iOS devices, including Apple iPad and iPhone, Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices and Android devices, as well as on desktops and laptops via WWE.com.

Facebook: Facebook users can visit and Like the Nintendo page at http://www.facebook.com/nintendo to get regular updates from the Slamfest and connect with other Nintendo fans. A special Slamfest tab will make it simple to access content from the show, including video clips and a Nintendo Instagram gallery.

Twitch: Slamfest '14 will be live streamed via Nintendo's Twitch channel. Viewers will be able to tune in starting 7 pm Pacific time on Thursday, November 27, at http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo.

Nintendo World Store: At the Nintendo World Store, located in New York, New York at Rockefeller Center, a special theatre featuring a giant screen will be made available for guests to follow the Slamfest live, as well as having the opportunity to try out Super Smash Bros. for Wii U while waiting for the game to release at midnight Friday, November 28.

“Nintendo and WWE fans are going to have a great time with what we have planned for Slamfest this year, whether they are attending the event or watching at home from across the globe. This event also provides a tremendous opportunity to showcase how we work together with partners outside our general line of business, and we are very excited to be bringing this show to our fans,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vide president of Sales & Marketing.

More than 15,000 fans from all 50 states and more than 10 countries are expected to converge on the Madison Square Garden with millions more watching around the world.

As a sneak preview of the event, Nintendo and WWE are proud to announce a part of the roster for the event, by letting fans know who the four original Slamfest fighters - Pikachu, Yoshi, Mario and Donkey Kong, will be portrayed by:

Pikachu: REY MYSTERIO
Yoshi: SANTINO MARELLA
Mario: JOHN CENA
Donkey Kong: MARK HENRY

A full roster, featuring over 30 characters from Super Smash Bros, will be announced shortly.

For information on tickets to Slamfest '14, visit http://www.slamfest.events or http://www.thegarden.com.

Additionally, 20% of the revenue from Slamfest will be donated to UNICEF — United Nations Children's Fund.

About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U™ and Wii™ home consoles, and Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ families of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.2 billion video games and more than 670 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™ and Wii systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.

About WWE: WWE <http://corporate.wwe.com/company/overview.jsp>, a publicly traded company (NYSE:WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming is broadcast in more than 150 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 650 million homes worldwide. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich, Dubai and Tokyo.

Additional information on WWE (NYSE:WWE) can be found at wwe.com<http://wwe.com> and corporate.wwe.com<http://corporate.wwe.com>. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.
Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...tion-WWE®-Studios-Team-Celebrity#.U_Z-HPl_t8E

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20141031005649/en/Nintendo-WWE-Teamup-Super-Smash-Bros-Slamfest#.U_Zq1_l_t8F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom