• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: (EU) release date leaked?

L~A

Friend of mine just pointed that out to me:

Bxp79uTIEAALKiF.png:large

Apparently comes from that website (it's an ad, by the way). Sort of confirms that Nov. 21 date for the US, then.

Neoxon

At least NA & EU get the game at the same time if the rumors are true. Though honestly, there's too much smoke for there not to be a fire. Plus, Europe doesn't have any other big Wii U game this holiday season besides Smash.

DrStiles

That's 3 times that date was mentioned. I'm pretty much confident that Nov 21 release date is legit.

I think so too. It's right before Black Friday (which I hope even Nintendo is smart enough not to miss) and it gives NoA the 3DS/WiiU combo release like they did last year with Zelda and Mario. It could also possibly explain Europe's 1 week delay for Pokemon.

Grizzo

Ugh I forgot all about Captain Toad being delayed in Europe :(

Oh well, at least there's Smash, which has more than enough content in and on itself

Edit: oh my, Qurupeke is right, there's also Pokemon. Woah the fall season is pretty packedc what with Fantasy Life and Smash 3DS also dropping in the next two weeks

maxcriden

Ugh I forgot all about Captain Toad being delayed in Europe :(

Oh well, at least there's Smash, which has more than enough content in and on itself

Sorry Grizzo! On the bright side don't you still have 3DW to play first?

(Not to mention lots of Wii greatness!)

Piccoro

I hope that is the correct date for EU!

October: Bayonetta 2
November: Smash!
Gonna be great these last few months of the year! :)

Grizzo

Sorry Grizzo! On the bright side don't you still have 3DW to play first?

(Not to mention lots of Wii greatness!)

Yes you're right, I do! But there are too many great games coming out in the next few weeks, plus the Mario Kart 8 DLC coming at the same time as Smash and Pokemon. I almost feel overwhelmed by all these games, haha. I hate when Nintendo has these long periods of drought and then just release everything around the same time.

Should I get 3DWorld or DKC:TF first?

Asd202

They should announce release date for Wii U version already though I don't think it will happen till Smash 3DS is out in the West.

Dr. Buni

I am not sure if I can get a Wii U until November 21st. Then again I am still not sure if I will get that version, I am waiting for more details ~.~

It is times like this that 2 systems can overwhelm me. I have no idea how 4+ system owners cope...

I know that website, plus it would make sense considering the Pokémon delay :(
It does suggest the date was penciled in for both games back at E3 (as we knew of that back then). Maybe Smash was unannounced given how prone it was to delay.

But it does call into question why Europe broke ranks here or why Pokemon company just didn't mean worldwide this time...speaking of which do Canada still have the date (you know in case the leak sin punishment theory is still holding water).

Mr-Joker

Banned
But ORAS doesn't release on Nov 21 in Europe...

Which explains why the date got pushed back.

But it does call into question why Europe broke ranks here or why Pokemon company just didn't mean worldwide this time...speaking of which do Canada still have the date (you know in case the leak sin punishment theory is still holding water).

Doesn't Nintendo of Europe hate releasing games on the same date and prefer to spread out the release date? Honestly I think that they made the right choice here, there's no way I would have been able to play both Pokémon and Smash Bros.

Kriken

I've said it before, November 21st makes the most amount of sense in terms of a holiday release. And with 3D World/ALBW last year, there is a precedence for Smash and Pokemon on the same day (big name titles on different platforms from Nintendo)

ZeroX03

Banned
I was predicting Nov 28th so they could distance themselves a little from the other big releases, but yeah it was either that or the 21st. I figured they wouldn't want to miss Black Friday in the States and the start of the holiday season.

maxcriden

Yes you're right, I do! But there are too many great games coming out in the next few weeks, plus the Mario Kart 8 DLC coming at the same time as Smash and Pokemon. I almost feel overwhelmed by all these games, haha. I hate when Nintendo has these long periods of drought and then just release everything around the same time.

Should I get 3DWorld or DKC:TF first?

Well, you gotta play 3DW a decent amount of time before Capt. Toad. So drop everything and start 3DW today!

P.S. people who have a Nintendo backlog don't get to worry about droughts!

I feel like it's about time for a general, worldwide, Nintendo Direct.

We've really only had game specific ones and that recent Japan only 3DS one since E3 haven't we?

mrmickfran

Oh goody, releasing at the same time as ORAS. Dammit Ninty.

I don't understand why they keep doing this.

Zelda: ALBW, Mario 3D World, and Mario Party Island Tour all released in the same day.

Bayonetta 2 and Fantasy Life are releasing in the same day.

Is Nintendo taking lessons from Ubisoft?

I don't understand why they keep doing this.

Zelda: ALBW, Mario 3D World, and Mario Party Island Tour all released in the same day.

Bayonetta 2 and Fantasy Life are releasing in the same day.

Is Nintendo taking lessons from Ubisoft?

Nintendo games have long legs. The hardcore gamers having to pick which to play first isn't really a major concern :p

Top Bottom