• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in North America November 21st!

Happy to hear the date finally confirmed, but the real news here is Captain Toad in December.

I knew it would pull through for this year, at least in NA. See why we shouldn't all panic over a placeholder on GameFly?

What worries me about this press release: that only "some figures" will be compatible with multiple titles. So, just the Mario ones, then.

MilesTeg

Banned
I hope the file size isn't too big. After Tropical Freeze, I only got 7GB left. And I already deleted Game&Wario and Pikmin 3.

Anth0ny

that's 1 game per month starting from September for Wii u.

seinfeldcqo7q.gif

It's actually perfect, I don't have time for more than one game a month.

Jamix012

The next question I have is what else does the Gamecube Controller adapter work with? We really have no word on this. I'd assume it at least works with Wii U VC, but I'd hope it works with Wii Games that were compatible with the GC controllers too.

that's 1 game per month starting from September for Wii u.

I ain't even upset about it. 3 of them are amongst my most anticipated games of this year.

Super excited. Like others playing the 3DS version just makes me want the Wii U one more. Especially as I'm loving playing it in bed but what would be better is the larger screen and better ergonomics of the Gamepad screen.

Downloading midnight, it'll be my first day 1 digital game. Just got my first Smash streetpass this morning too.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Toad in dec and Smash in Nov before other territories.

I swear Nintendo works on a points system and Reggie spent all of his on Toad and Smash U. :)

No complaints here, I want Smash U ASAP and am glad Toad is coming this year since it's a good idea to suggest as a Christmas gift (my family is always frustrated with me for never having anything to ask for).

Exile20

Yes!

The 3DS version is good, but I don't like playing it on that.

I held strong and did not buy the 3ds one but I was afraid it would be delayed to 2015 but thank goodness it really is Nov 21st. Makes the wait so much bearable.

Crayolan

The next question I have is what else does the Gamecube Controller adapter work with? We really have no word on this. I'd assume it at least works with Wii U VC, but I'd hope it works with Wii Games that were compatible with the GC controllers too.

Pray for Wii mode compatibility.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Yup with Pokemon! Was there ever a doubt?

On a side note, 2.8 million for 3DS Smash so 1.3 million debut for NOA & EU markets since 1.5 million in Japan?

Kandinsky

Well I thought this was for sure missing holidays and was going to end up being a Feb-March game, I'm so glad to be wrong, but honestly 3DS game was enough to keep us busy, day 30 (xmas present for the whole family, if we can resist that is).

Zubz

Banned
Happy to hear the date finally confirmed, but the real news here is Captain Toad in December.

Well, yes and no. The reveal itself is bigger than Smash on 11/21 in America, which we all knew. However, the reveal that we're getting it before Japan means that I can buckle down and be 110% surprised by every unlockable stage. Plus, there's still a chance Spainkiller's right; I don't trust his source based on that vague information, but Spainkiller has to trust him/her for a reason... If the info's legit, we can be the first to get those beautiful "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" screens for Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and the Chorus Kids, before knowing 100% that they're there!

Exile20

Well I thought this was for sure missing holidays and was going to end up being a Feb-March game, I'm so glad to be wrong, but honestly 3DS game was enough to keep us busy, day 30 (xmas present for the whole family, if we can resist that is).

Definitely not

Kinsei

Banned
Well, yes and no. The reveal itself is bigger than Smash on 11/21 in America, which we all knew. However, the reveal that we're getting it before Japan means that I can buckle down and be 110% surprised by every unlockable stage. Plus, there's still a chance Spainkiller's right; I don't trust his source based on that vague information, but Spainkiller has to trust him/her for a reason... If the info's legit, we can be the first to get those beautiful "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" screens for Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and the Chorus Kids, before knowing 100% that they're there!

I hope you know of a local mom and pop shop that will sell you the game early. The second someone gets an early copy (You know it's going to happen), we'll have a topic spoiling Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, and the Chorus Kids (If they're in) on the front page for a day or two.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I shouldn't have to preorder to get this, right?

I'm off the entire next week from work and so are my two Smash Buddies! We've been playing tons of Project M lately and are so hyped.

jmizzal

I still dont know where to preorder from, so far Target is the leader, you get $5, I hope Best Buy tops them and give $10 like they did with Mario Kart 8

I shouldn't have to preorder to get this, right?

I'm off the entire next week from work and so are my two Smash Buddies! We've been playing tons of Project M lately and are so hyped.

Well, I'd like to say that you shouldn't have to worry about it at all, but apparently the 3DS version is sold out in a number of places (I can confirm that it's sold out at a couple of my local Targets as of yesterday). Does that mean the Wii U version will sell out as well? Probably not. But honestly, I thought that in the year 2014 we were passed this ever being a concern at all. But here we are.

Anyhow, you know where you don't have to worry about that at all? On the eShop! That's where I'll be buying it.

kunonabi

Well, I'd like to say that you shouldn't have to worry about it at all, but apparently the 3DS version is sold out in a number of places (I can confirm that it's sold out at a couple of my local Targets as of yesterday). Does that mean the Wii U version will sell out as well? Probably not. But honestly, I thought that in the year 2014 we were passed this ever being a concern at all. But here we are.

Anyhow, you know where you don't have to worry about that at all? On the eShop! That's where I'll be buying it.

Yeah I had to go to four different places before landing at a Best Buy with some stock left. Hell, the gamestops were all sold out except for one store that had one copy. Wii U shouldn't be as bad but I might preorder just to be safe.

Yeah I had to go to four different places before landing at a Best Buy with some stock left. Hell, the gamestops were all sold out except for one store that had one copy. Wii U shouldn't be as bad but I might preorder just to be safe.

My girlfriend and I walked straight into a Best Buy the day after release. They had 3 of them sitting out in the 3DS section. I was surprised they were just right there.

I think my area my be a bit empty as far as Nintendo fans go or something. Or maybe every one shops at walmart and gamestop. Who knows.

I decided to preorder the WiiU version at Best Buy just to be sure I can get that day one, though.

I've yet to pre-order a Nintendo game digitally but if I were to do so with Smash (is it even possible?), would the system automatically download the game while it's asleep like it does with updates). I'll be at work until 8am on the 21st. I'd love to not have to wait for a big download when I get home.

I've yet to pre-order a Nintendo game digitally but if I were to do so with Smash (is it even possible?), would the system automatically download the game while it's asleep like it does with updates). I'll be at work until 8am on the 21st. I'd love to not have to wait for a big download when I get home.

In regards to the bolded, the answer is no. You get to play the fun game of logging on to the eShop at midnight eastern time and hoping it doesn't crash. When Smash 3DS released, it crashed on me continuously to point where I gave up. When I tried again at around 3 AM, it worked just fine. But there's no pre-ordering or pre-loading on the eShop, unfortunately.

Top Bottom