• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kensho

So from what I could gather before the other thread was locked:

1. The Leak was real (duh)
  2. Duck Hunt Dog has a hilarious final smash where he summons 8 bit cowboys to shoot you.
  3. Bowser Jr can be interchanged with any of the Koopa children.
  4. Wolf trophy pretty much deconfirms him. Wolf was too much of a clone but Dark Pit is fine.
  5. Ice Climbers get the shaft.
  6. Ridley is still too big.
  7. No Chorus Men.

Go to hell. Dark Pit is 1000 times more a clone than wolf, because Wolf was not a f***ing clone.

Edit: If you were sarcastic sorry, I'm salty.

PBalfredo

Magicant is fantastic. I'm almost a little disappointed that it appears in the 3DS version and not the Wii U one. The Mother series deserves more musical representation than just two new tracks.

Gartooth

At this point I can imagine at most 1 extra character left. (Ex: Mewtwo)

Mii Fighters being "unlocked" on the CSS probably takes care of the All-Star issue, and no non-leak character has been unlocked with only ROB left.

Go to hell. Dark Pit is 1000 times more a clone than wolf, because Wolf was not a f***ing clone.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, saying it was dumb that Wolf is cut but Dark Pit is in.

Yeah... I think I'm going to take a bit of a blackout from social media for the next few weeks. Really excited for the game, but I want to go in as fresh as possible.

For the rest of my non-Japan playing Smashers, see you then!

SoulUnison

Banned
Yeah but you're still missing out on other factors that weigh heavily to me, the biggest being control scheme. Pro controller or Gamecube + series regulars that I'm going to miss? I'll take my Smash in HD please, thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super pumped about the 3ds version and I'll get it at midnight if possible. It's just not even a question if I had to chose one.

I completely plan to buy *both* versions Day 1. I just don't want to be tethered to my TV to play Smash anymore. I imagine I'll play almost exclusively on the 3DS, while the Wii U version will be for local multiplayer, mostly.

jackal27

Banned
Anyone mind explaining why folks want Mewtwo so bad? I remember Lucario being very close to him.

Would I take a unique character that has been in multiple smash bros over a watered down port with Japan's dying console market and City Trial as the main thing justifying its existence?

Yes

Barf. Watered down port lol. Also, handhelds for life.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wolf trophy pretty much deconfirms him. Wolf was too much of a clone but Dark Pit is fine.

Wait what. Dark Pit is practically a recolor of Pit. The vast majority of Wolf's moveset was totally unique. Yet Wolf was too much of a clone?

(Okay, it was a joke? Because people have made this argument seriously, so...)

Would people honestly rather have Ice Climbers that a 3DS version of Smash 4?

Yep. No questions asked.

Pretty much ANY downgrade to the Wii U version means I'd rather 3DS not exist. So no Ice Climbers means I wish 3DS didn't exist :(

Anyone mind explaining why folks want Mewtwo so bad? I remember Lucario being very close to him.

Because he's one of the most popular pokemon, he was the original legendary, he has multiple movies (including the first pokemon movie), and now regained relevance with not one but TWO mega evolutions.

Fireblend

Banned
guys

guys

guys, like, I really need to play on Magicant.

Like, right now.

That is the epitome of Earthbound nostalgia distilled into gooey heartwarmy twitterpattering and I cannot believe there was that much love poured into it, right down to the RECRUITING THE FLYING MEN, Dungeon Man/Sky Runner platforms and that kickass Mother 1/2 memory dimensional rip. I was seriously about to cry when I heard Smiles and Tears playing.

It's Sakurai came out "Okay, the biggest mistake we made in Brawl? No, not tripping, but how we cut Smiles and Tears. Get that shit in there."

This could very well top Onett for me. I need to know what plays alongside the Magicant theme, too.

It is everything I could have ever dreamed it to be, and more. I absolutely adore it.

So from what I could gather before the other thread was locked:

1. The Leak was real (duh)
  2. Duck Hunt Dog has a hilarious final smash where he summons 8 bit cowboys to shoot you.
  3. Bowser Jr can be interchanged with any of the Koopa children.
  4. Wolf trophy pretty much deconfirms him. Wolf was too much of a clone but Dark Pit is fine.
  5. Ice Climbers get the shaft.
  6. Ridley is still too big.
  7. No Chorus Men.
8: No Emolga

Seriously, finally saw video of the DH and holy shit it is beyond amazing!

I completely plan to buy *both* versions Day 1. I just don't want to be tethered to my TV to play Smash anymore. I imagine I'll play almost exclusively on the 3DS, while the Wii U version will be for local multiplayer, mostly.
I imagine you'll be in the minority here. I would happily give up the 3DS version and wait another month to play if it means I get Ice Climbers. I'll probably barely play the 3DS version when the Wii U version comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom