• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamefreak

Neo Member
Is the blast zone the distance from edge of stage to death?

If so, bigger is better IMO. That way you can actually die from not being able to recover. In Brawl it felt kind of rare to not be able to recover

I guess I was subconsciously comparing it to Melee. I still have to play with humans to decide whether it's a good thing or not. I'm not liking the ledge mechanics though, I still instinctively edgehog even it doesn't do anything now :(

Golnei

Yes.

Dark Pit is a Lucina level clone.

Dr. Mario have the Dr. Tornado

I'm not sure if we can equate Lucina and Pittoo directly just yet - has it been confirmed that Lucina's FS is the same as Marth's?

Though having a unique model also puts her ahead of Dark Pit regardless...

JoeInky

Is the blast zone the distance from edge of stage to death?

If so, bigger is better IMO. That way you can actually die from not being able to recover. In Brawl it felt kind of rare to not be able to recover

But this very rarely happens because of how floaty the game is and how good recoveries are, I haven't died once from being unable to recover yet, barring execution errors.

ffdgh

I'm not sure if we can equate Lucina and Pittoo directly just yet - has it been confirmed that Lucina's FS is the same as Marth's?

Though having a unique model also puts her ahead of Dark Pit regardless...

The famitsu scans shows her final smash is critical hit.....lol clone indeed >_>
Still love her

BxP3yriCMAAJSCA.png

Kirby's 8 alt colors.

Hatchtag

Banned

JoeInky

What is the point of a clone when they have colors/skins that are complete character replacements like with Olimar?

Dark Pit really should have been an Alt colour and Alph should have been a clone with rock Pikmin, it makes too much sense. Or even just make both their own slot if you must.

But then Alph isn't a KI:U character so.

Is there any way this game won't get solid 10s across the board? It looks like the best 3DS game of all time, seems to exceed every expectation I had

Masked Man

I said wow
I stopped watching the stream so I dunno! Apparently he still has his Mr. Saturn shirt tho!

Yay! As long as he doesn't have a Lucas-inspired alt, I'm happy. ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a recent rumor that included having a Balloon Fight alternate custume?

I heard about that, but it came from 4chan, so it's hard to gauge the validity of the rumor--plus, it mentioned some bullshit about Donkey Kong Jr. being playable, lol.

JoeInky

Lvl 9 CPUs haven't learnt that leaf shield is quite possibly the worst move in the game.

Everytime I see him use it, I just knock him off the edge and watch him drop like a stone, such a shit move.

Playing at higher difficulties brings nothing but pain and slower unlocks. Although, yes, I know she's going for her last Mii Body Clothing Accessory to finish the challenges...

NeonZ

What is the point of a clone when they have colors/skins that are complete character replacements like with Olimar?

Well, I guess it allows things like making Lucina shorter than Marth, while they'd need to have the same size if she were a costume. And, also tweaking and adding some animations or taunts. It looks like the only clone with an unique attack is Dr.Mario though.

Golnei

I can't wait for the interviews years from now when Sakurai spills the beans on what the hell is up with Dark Pit

I'm guessing he gave Alph and Pit plushies to his cat, and gave a separate slot to the one which was scratched the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom