• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
giphy.gif

I can't believe they added Duck Hunt dog after all! Sakurai, you magnificent bastard.

Any word on Duck Hunt music and stage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhcAEvRB4Uo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQi1RFvfAzk

AdaWong

Who said Smash Bros 3DS doesnt have an intro vid? It does. I swear.

It's a How-to-Play vid. Thanks daddy Sakurai for always ensuring we know how to play instead of wasting our time with a CGI cutscene that we will skip every single time after we see it once anyways. <3

Golnei

The lack of an intro is just bizarre. Even if they're saving the full intro, presumably featuring unlockable characters prominently, for the Wii U version; why not do something like in Brawl and stitch up a trailer out of pre-existing CG clips we've already seen? It'd be better than nothing.

The Lamp

The lack of an intro is just bizarre. Even if they're saving the full intro, presumably featuring unlockable characters prominently, for the Wii U version; why not do something like in Brawl and stitch up a trailer out of pre-existing CG clips we've already seen? It'd be better than nothing.

Maybe it took up too much space on the card.

SoulUnison

Banned
Who said Smash Bros 3DS doesnt have an intro vid? It does. I swear.

It's a How-to-Play vid. Thanks daddy Sakurai for always ensuring we know how to play instead of wasting our time with a CGI cutscene that we will skip every single time after we see it once anyways. <3

No way. I can't turn on 64 or Melee without letting the intro video play.
Brawl was a bit less, but still fantastic.

Kouriozan

It does really feel like they are keeping stuff for the Wii U version, like Event Match or Adventure Mode.

Clefargle

Well, I guess it allows things like making Lucina shorter than Marth, while they'd need to have the same size if she were a costume. And, also tweaking and adding some animations or taunts. It looks like the only clone with an unique attack is Dr.Mario though.

Dark Pit has a different side-b

Pompadour

Limited space on the cart, presumably. Same reason there is only 2 songs per stage.

CassSept

Hats everywhere. Super Smash Fortress 2.

Any new streams in the past hour?

Edit: Kyne, I think this is more or less accurate, but there might be some alterations and/or additional conditions (e.g. no continues)

First three unlocks are Falco, Ness and Dark Pit.

10 Classics unlock DHD (or by Mii, not confirmed yet I guess, that is a possibility too)

DHD unlocks Mr. G&W

Link unlocks Ganondorf

Mario unlocks Dr. Mario

Marth unlocks Lucina (Ike doesn't) Note: That's how hamayama unlocked Lucina. Gema beat classic with Marth, but got game over. Might require no continues or both Ike and Marth.

Wario is unlocked, well, somehow

Bowser does not unlock Bowser Jr. Note: maybe there is some other condition like clearing with all Mario characters or something like that

Don't unlock anything: Ike, Samus, Lucario (I think?), Greninja, Bowser

Bonus: Wolf deconfirmed 100%

JediLink

God, I wish the people who have the game would unlock shit faster. The official reveals will probably end up giving us the entire roster before they do.

SoulUnison

Banned
Limited space on the cart, presumably. Same reason there is only 2 songs per stage.

I guess I would have rather had more songs per stage than a CG intro in the 3DS version, if I think about it.

God, I wish the people who have the game would unlock shit faster. The official reveals will probably end up giving us the entire roster before they do.

Because I'm sure they're doing it just to bug you and they don't want to see all the content in their new game or anything.
If they knew how to keep unlocking I'm sure they would be.

Golnei

Maybe it took up too much space on the card.

That does seem plausible. SD card sizes may have also been a concern, with how much they're pushing the eshop on 3DS. It does make the game feel less complete as a result, though.

I wonder how much work it would have entailed to do a 64-style in-engine intro? It would have been an awesome throwback, but likely would have taken too much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom