• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

Man, the way the Master Core makes a blood spewing sound as darkness gushes out after a strong hit is kind of off-putting

Sakurai just loves his eldritch abominations.

Zero_1863.png

059-AKDP.jpg

How so? The series has sold over 2.5 million copies and the GBA games were some of the most popular on the platform.

Eh, the Mario & Luigi series performs better, hasn't shit the bed like Dark Dawn did, and a single game (Bowser's Inside Story) sells better than most JRPG series today. There's no real representation of that at all.

If Golden Sun wants to complain, it has to get in the back of a pretty long line.

How so? The series has sold over 2.5 million copies and the GBA games were some of the most popular on the platform.
The last successful and acclaimed game in the series was over a decade ago.

Pokémon is an important handheld franchise. Kirby and Fire Emblem are pretty important handheld series. Golden Sun is a footnote at this point.

Toxi

Banned
Seems like down-B with Donkey Kong will be the best credit smasher in the game. Just sit in the middle and mash that button.

Edit: Duck Hunt time!

2.5 million copies for a whole series are not great numbers. Saying they were the most popular on the platform is an enormous overstatement as well, especially with a handheld as successful as the GBA.

For example, my GBA-toting friends and I had never heard of Golden Sun until Brawl's prerelease hype.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yushako' stream

DUCK HUNT DOG HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOTHERFUCKING DUCK HUNT

WILD GUNMEN SHOW UP TO HELP

FUCKING WRECKED

DUCK HUNT DOG!!!!

DHD! HERE WE GO!

DUCK HUNT

APPENING GUYS

Duck hunt!!!

DUCK HUNT

DUCK HUNT OMG HEATH!

DUCK HUNT DOG!

it's real lol

Duck Hunt Dog!

DUCK HUNT

GAF HOLD ME

mother of dog

DUCK HUNT LOL

DUCK HUNT!!!!!
038d54157b.png

DUCK HUNT

DUCK HUNNTTTTTT

FUCKING DUCK HUNT

HEATH WHERE YOU AT

HOLY SHIT DUCK HUNT DOG

DOG AND DUCK

THE DOG IS UP AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL I LOVE EVERYTHING'

I have never thrown my headphones back on so fast. And he lost. :(

THE DOG IS IN THE HOUSE!!!

Duck Hunt!

And of course he lost.

DUCK HUNT CONFIRMED!

qypmzn.png

AWFUL PICTURE!

DUCK HUNT SO GOOD OMG

DUCK HUNT DOG! I'M GOING TO LEARN TO MAIN HIM!

DUCK HUNT!

TOTALLY LOST.

ALSO CRAZY HAND

HEATH I TOLD YOU DOG

I TOLD YOU

DUCK HUNT

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING

IS THAT HOGAN'S ALLY SHIT?!

THAT DOG JUST FUCKING WRECKED HIM

HOLY SHIT what did DUCK HUNT DOG JUST DO TO HIM????

OWNED BY DUCK HUNT DOG

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT
WHO WHO WHO WHO

Fucking Hamaya, of course he lost

Duck Hunt with the light-gun moves. Ullll!

Damn, Duck Hunt just fucked him up.

DUCK HUNT DOG CONFIRMEDD ...and wrecked the streamer.

Did Duck Hunt Dog spawn a Wild Gunman character? LOL

HOLY ASSSSSSSSSSS

DHG LOOKS SICK

HOLY SHIT GOT OWNED BY THE DOG!

Holy shit Duck Hunt Dog spiked the shit out of him

omg duck hunt dog he's so perfect

Duck hunt op as fuck

WHOA!!! DUCK HUNT DOG WITH HOGAN'S ALLEY.

...and it's gone.

YOOOOOOO! YOOOOOO! I"M GLAD THAT I FINALLY SEE HIM IN ACTION! I"M PSYCHED AND SO FRICKIN HAPPY! :)

I'm going to pick him up and kicking everyone's butts with him, then I would laughing at your corpses! :D

2.5 million copies for a whole series are not great numbers. Saying they were the most popular on the platform is an enormous overstatement as well, especially with a handheld as successful as the GBA.

For example, my GBA-toting friends and I had never heard of Golden Sun until Brawl's prerelease hype.

Agreed. I loved the first two games, but I have yet to finish Dark Dawn. That being said, it is sad if his AT was cut, but it's not a huge enough series to say a serious mistake was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom