• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

MediumWelloffKillerwhale.gif

Is DH Dog laughing at the Alley Guys as bait and jumping out of the way so they accidentally attack the character caught in the Smash?

SaberVulcan

Guys help.

I can't help it...but I am super disappointed in this roster. I am trying so hard not to be disappointed and look at all the good things but I'm just so bummed out :(

Does anyone think we will have new characters/old vets in the Wii u version that will be (free) DLC for 3DS? They have nothing left to hype the Wii U real ease with now. I am holding I to hope :(

Free? No. But I would say the chance of character-addition DLC, vets or not, is fairly high. The implementation of MK8 DLC is a clear sign that they are ready and willing to add DLC to their beloved franchises. It also shows they are willing to patch their games, and those will be free.

Zeroth

To add some context, because I think its important when it comes to remembering and realizing the basis of Dark Pits inclusion...

He was one of the most requested newcomers in Japan. So he's popular. It'll make the kids happy

Dark Pit more requested than Ridley confirmed

Dryk

The thing about Dr Mario is that he could be identical to Mario in every way except D-air and Down Special and people would welcome him with open arms

Oh wowww.....
I was fearing fludd.
But watch fludd have like really good customIzable moves or something.

Or maybe the tornado will.

By the way any notable customizable moves we've seen?
Gema has unlocked and equipped a dark purple alternate for Thunder/Thoron but hasn't used it yet

Hey, you play on the OG 3DS. Is it really playable that way ? Not too small ? I'm very close to buy a XL for this game.

When I tried it at a press event I found it much easier on an XL, there were 2 3DS's and 2 3DS Xl's set up for multiplayer and we all rotated systems each round. Everyone seemed to prefer the XL due to the higher clarity

CassSept

I just woke up!
Besides the leak what should I watch SmashGAF?
Any news on characters?
Let me know please! :)

Nothing new, only further deconfirmations of several characters (Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Chorus Kids). Isaac seems to have been demoted from AT though :(

Edit: "Kreeezy hand"?

Pittoo could've used the staff for his normals.

There would've been some attacks where it would've been odd, but he could have.

I'm not angry about his inclusion, or even that he's a clone. Mostly I'm bothered by how inconsistent and low-effort he seems to have been. I mean, I was afraid the Silver Bow would show up, and there it is, making him less interesting to me than he should have been.

NotLiquid

Now that all characters have been reported by different people (with the only one not publicly mentioned yet being ROB), as well as the weird unlock conditions, I'm pretty much giving up hope on any more characters.

Oh well, bring on the DLC.

Nothing new, only further deconfirmations of several characters (Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Chorus Kids). Isaac seems to have been demoted from AT though :(

For the record, we don't know whether the Karate Joe trophy retroactively changes to show an emblem description so it's not exactly a deconfirmation just yet, but it generally doesn't look too likely.

The thing about Dr Mario is that he could be identical to Mario in every way except D-air and Down Special and people would welcome him with open arms

So I guess he's welcome with open arms?

Doc is fantastic, too many people were negative about his inclusion and pessimistic about his movepool.

Now that all characters have been reported by different people (with the only one not publicly mentioned yet being ROB), as well as the weird unlock conditions, I'm pretty much giving up hope on any more characters.

Oh well, bring on the DLC.

I think we should wait until someone has their game tell them "Yep, you've unlocked everyone." Only then can we be 100% certain.

Golnei

Pittoo could've used the staff for his normals.

There would've been some attacks where it would've been odd, but he could have.

I'm not angry about his inclusion, or even that he's a clone. Mostly I'm bothered by how inconsistent and low-effort he seems to have been. I mean, I was afraid the Silver Bow would show up, and there it is, making him less interesting to me than he should have been.

I'd have been okay with him if he used some of Brawl Pit's moves which didn't make the transition to SSB4, but he's just an awful choice for a clone of a current moveset.

What's up with the birdman character (I think that's what they're called) on Magicant stage?

In MOTHER 1 you go to Magicant and the birdmen join your party, but when they lose their HP you can't recover them, they die. When you go back to their house there's a gravestone for each birdman fell in battle. And yet they're willing to help you.

"No crying until the end"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom