• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

You're making a lot of assumptions here.

Namely, why wouldn't Sakurai be involved and why wouldn't it have been an anticipated part of his employment?

Of course it's an assumption, just as it's an assumption to believe that there will be character DLC. I'm just taking into account Sakurai's OCD nature over character balancing and his physical health. It's entirely possible that the job may fall to someone else, of course, or Sakurai could take a break and we may not see DLC for months (just as the Mario Kart DLC)...

So wait, the two songs in the F-Zero stage are (another) Mute City arrangement and the original SNES version?

F-Zero gets neglected in terms of new music again :/

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I completely plan to buy *both* versions Day 1. I just don't want to be tethered to my TV to play Smash anymore. I imagine I'll play almost exclusively on the 3DS, while the Wii U version will be for local multiplayer, mostly.

I bet it'll be the other way around for me honestly. Actual controller will always win.

I'll play the hell out of the 3ds version for sure . . while drooling over Smash in HD, online, with my peeps, and an actual controller haha.

I love people talking about wanting the 3DS version to not exist if it meant Ice Climbers were still in Smash.

There is a very good (about 100%) chance the game wouldn't have been as big as it is without the 3DS version. It just wouldn't sell enough copies on Wii U alone to justify it.

It's not the end of the world if Ice Climbers aren't in. My favorite character isn't in. I got over it. You will too.

jackal27

Banned
Yeah, being a Pokemon and having a single move shared makes them really similar.

Wooooow ok. I haven't played Mewtwo in years so I was just curious. Take your grumps out on Sakurai. I didn't cut him.

When you're getting to the point where unique veterans are getting removed to support the inferior hardware, yes, it's a watered down port.

But they're not on the Wii U version right now either so that doesn't make it a watered down port? Also, I don't buy that theory. If Sakurai wanted them in, he'd find a way to make it work.

Tekken Tag Tourny 2 had some preorder DLC stuff that was released FOR FREE later along with other "brand new" characters.

That was cool in an age of Capcom ULTRA DLC re-releases.

If Nintendo is "holding back" characters (they aren't, if there are Wii U release characters, then those characters more than likely just weren't done for the 3DS release), by the time you'd even know of their existance, the game would be out and it would be a legit surprise and nothing you'd be deprived of because you didn't even know it existed until then..

It is like complaining that people are depriving you of your Christmas gifts today.
Okay you see, my thing was with if they were holding back finished characters specifically for Wii U release, which is gross.

However in the case of not finished characters being added later... I dont see any characters that werent finished making it back in in time for Wii U release. If Sakurai wasnt able to get them in in time, theyre probably in some EARLY stages.

Whatever we'll see.

Lunar15

Retro F-Zero stage is incredible. Both it and Magicant are really dream stages. They aren't the generic stuff I'm used to seeing.

SuperSah

Banned
Smash 3DS is boss.

Seriously.

The games, the stages rock, I frigging love Mute City and Boxing Ring.

Master Core is some badass MOFO. I LOVE IT!

Roll on Oct. 3!

Bowser Jr and ROB

that's it, then we'll get the "you have all the characters" screen and people can finally shut up lol.

Wii U will have Ice Climbers and Chorus Men as exclusive characters.

They'll say that they had planned to have the roster the same across both versions but due to technical difficulties had to make those two Wii U exclusive.

Aka I won't shut up for a few more months <3

Exile20

Same. I never wanted the 3DS one and probably won't touch it once Wii U comes out. Like ever.

Well it depends on the connectivity features that it will have.

I would have rather not buy the 3ds version and actually wished it didn't exist but oh well.

What hurts more is that we don't have a proper release date for the Wii U version.

Ibuki

Banned
I can't watch the stream on my phone, this is serious torture. I am also debating wether I get the blue or red Smash XL. I'm leaning red since I already have a blue one.

BxRAH7bIQAA_buC.png

King of Evil.

I was reading the Ridley thread on SmashBoards, but I couldn't stop laughing, so I had to stop reading. I'll definitely swing by there when all is said and done to soak up some of their dismay, though.

Akai

When you're getting to the point where unique veterans are getting removed to support the inferior hardware, yes, it's a watered down port.

This ridiculous belief that Ice Climbers was taken out due to hardware issues needs to stop being taken as fact...

JoeInky

I'm still doubtful that the 3DS is the reason that Ice Climbers would be cut. The only real problem I can see is keeping 60fps.

Melee and Brawl had problems with 4 ice climbers and neither of those had to limit NPCs to 30fps, I'm almost 100% sure they ran into technical difficulties due to Nana's AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom