• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of selfish dudes in here wishing for the 3DS version not to exist because their favorite character MIGHT have been cut due to it.

the 3DS version will be the ONLY version a lot of people will get to play.

Share the wealth and take a loss occasionally guys.

How dare you make a reasonable level-headed post!

Found the DHD alts

4RXMoUt.png

Good. Thank you.

I can't get over how awesome BJ and the Koopalings are. Gaaaaaaaaah. Waiting for the Wii U version is going to be a pain in the ass... I guess I'll just experience a few seconds total of the game with friends who will inevitably have the game by the time I'm back in college.

I never cared for them at all. But the idea of the game's content being compromised for a handheld version to exist does not sit well with me at all.

Essentially my opinion on the matter as well. Smash historically been a home console series, so seeing it compromised to put it on a console that it wouldn't normally be on bothers me.

A lot of selfish dudes in here wishing for the 3DS version not to exist because their favorite character MIGHT have been cut due to it.

That would be like calling Halo fans selfish if Halo 5's potential was limited by the game having a simultaneous release on a Windows phone.

I think a lot of the complaints originated from the original kids being set aside for him and his terrible voice acting in Mario Sunshine. Not that they should have been in the game necessarily but it seemed weird for him to exist since Bowser already had kids. He ain't OG like the original 7. He's an imposter.
You Koopaling lovers will never let it go huh?

Face it Jr is his son and ONLY child, hell the ending of Sunshine just reinforces this.

I think a lot of the complaints originated from the original kids being set aside for him and his terrible voice acting in Mario Sunshine. Not that they should have been in the game necessarily but it seemed weird for him to exist since Bowser already had kids. He ain't OG like the original 7. He's an imposter.
Yeah, that seems like a fair argument. Well, i think i'm on the minority who liked his VA on Sunshine(really liked the game as a whole). I probably have a terrible taste or played it when i was younger. Should play it again sometime.

Nikokuno

This talk about them holding back characters for the Wii U version is pointless. It does nothing other than building up a little hype for Smash. Note that I didn't say the Wii U version.

Everyone that really cares about smash will already have the 3DS version. Those extra characters would be released for the 3DS anyway, so it would absolutely not generate extra sales for the Wii U version. If anything it will lead people to think, "Oh I can just get the 3DS version since those other characters will just go to that version anyway".

The only reason they would possibly do it is to keep the Smash hype going and generate more talk for their product. At that point they might as well just do DLC characters.

People who are fans know that Smash 4 is coming on the Wii U.
They probably playing since the 64bits version or NGC version.
Most of them used to play with a proper controller, on a big screen.
If this category own a 3DS, it's almost sure that they will double dip. The 3DS japanese market is hella huge, Nintendo know it since they reveal "for 3DS" and "for Wii U".
They know it and that's why the console version don't have any release date but a release window.

We have to see the 3DS version and the Wii U one like two different identities... Some console gamers really don't give a fuck about handheld too... Even when they love video games.

Doesn't seem so obvious to me. They have been in Smash for a while, but they are from a kinda crappy NES game, and maybe it was just time for them to go?
Nah man lol. There's 0 reason to cut Ice Climbers other than for technical limitations IMO.

SuperSah

Banned

Thanks for this.

So much selfishness going on in this thread.

Also, it has me wanting to pick up SNES F-Zero on the WiiU Virtual Console. Is it a good port? What's the price? (Didn't bother when it was 30 cents, so I'm sure it costs a lot more now. That's fine, though.)

I had my first time with it last year on Wii U. It's 60 Hz even on PAL consoles and holy shit if it's not one of the best racing games ever. It's pure old school Nintendo fun.

Essentially my opinion on the matter as well. Smash historically been a home console series, so seeing it compromised to put it on a console that it wouldn't normally be on bothers me.
Smash 4 wouldn't have happened without a handheld and console version and on the off chance it did it wouldn't be as big as the Wii U version is.

The 3DS is going to far outsell and make more money than the console version so really you should be thinkful.

Sakurai commented of having difficulty with Ice Climbers on the 3DS. It's not a leap to say he didn't manage to solve that problem, and that's why they aren't in the game.

I actually do remember this but he never mentioned them in name. I think that was IGN who did that.

Exuro

I think Ice Climbers for a 3DS version was a good trade.

Yeah I said it.
Yeah, if only they could have not had character parity across platforms. If only...

But really what's the reason for this? They both have different modes and levels, why not characters as well?

Neiteio

I had my first time with it last year on Wii U. It's 60 Hz even on PAL consoles and holy shit if it's not one of the best racing games ever. It's pure old school Nintendo fun.
Oh, I know it's an excellent game -- F-Zero and Super Mario World are what got me into gaming. I just wonder how the WiiU version holds up. Sounds good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom