• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ESRB leak is definitely the final roster. What are the chances that the 3 or 4 people who have the game early haven't encountered other characters to unlock that arent on the leak.

Toxi

Banned
Guys should be doing Trophy lottery or whatever. Got a feeling that ROB's unlock requirement is "Collect 250 trophies" like last time.
That's what I was thinking too. ROB's based on a plastic toy, so something trophy related fits (and is way less tedious than doing classic mode again and again).

Axass

Side-by-side.

21LJKmb.png
leakers.jpg

Now do you see what I mean?

Nope, it makes no sense for Shulk to move around depending on Mii Fighter being in or not. We've only seen characters moving down with new unlocks, never up.

jackal27

Banned
Hello everyone. I'm new here. Just got my account verified today. Kind of wish I was around for the pre-release hype, but now the game's already here (for some people at least).

I am supremely happy that Ness is back. And that Magicant stage...oh my god, it made me shed a tear. It's looking like Lucas is indeed cut, which sucks, but hey we got Ness, right? I may be a bit biased though since I personally like Earthbound a bit better, although I do love Mother 3. Also, Ness is my main. As long as he's in, I'm happy. All I'm hoping for at this point is the Chorus Kids. That's literally all I'm asking for at this point.

Welcome! I'm sad about Lucas too since he was in my top 3 for Brawl and Mother 3 is one of my favorite games ever... Still, so much to be excited about! Don't let anybody curb your excitement! This game is gonna be awesome!

Nope, it makes no sense for Shulk to move around depending on Mii Fighter being in or not. We've only seen characters moving down with new unlocks, never up.

I don't agree, but all our questions will be answered soon enough I hope.

Gorestrafe

Neo Member
Anyone else remember when Richard George was still working at IGN and he mentioned his most wanted character in smash were the Koopalings?

Apparently he went to work for Nintendo's PR firm...so I wonder what role if any he had in making that happen.

The ESRB leak is definitely the final roster. What are the chances that the 3 or 4 people who have the game early haven't encountered other characters to unlock that arent on the leak.

What are the chances that none have unlocked ROB either? I mean I really doubt we're getting new characters aside from DLC, but it's certainly feasible that the last unlock is even more difficult than ROB.

Pyrokai

So looks like I'm going to be waiting for DLC. Worst case for me.

I really, really wanted Dixie Kong. Even as a clone.
wait not that badly
So disappointing for me :(

Mik317

Can we stop talking about "selfishness" in regards to wanting characters?

You're consumers using your dollars to get the best value you can - this isn't philanthropy.

I don't mind being upset.

I was super butthurt after Mewtwo and Roy got cut for Brawl...I get it.

But wishing a whole version away is just lame to me.

It's not selfish to want. It;s selfish to want others to lack.

What are the chances that none have unlocked ROB either? I mean I really doubt we're getting new characters aside from DLC, but it's certainly feasible that the last unlock is even more difficult than ROB.
Yeah, that's true. The remaining five could just be non-classic characters.

EulaCapra

Any info on Jigglypuff guys? Alts, new moves, final smash?
Complete visual makeover. Closer to recent official Pokemon art. Attack and damage animation all new and much cuter. Hair puff and eyes are a lot smaller. Female XY trainer hats. Nurse Joy hat too I believe.

Final Smash is still Puff Up. Only saw Sing once so don't quote me on this, but it looks like Jiggly finishes her animation before opponent wakes (was below 100%). Rest in still like Brawl in that it still goes straight up and has Flower effect but the hitbox looked much more forgiving. Again don't quote me on this, but I saw 2 Rest K.O.'s in 70's range. But maybe it was due to Classic Mode but it's definitely stronger.

CronoShot

The fact that we've seen absolutely zero characters that haven't already been leaked makes me think ROB will be the final unlock.

On the other hand, CSS always forms a square when everyone is unlocked. Not to mention the weird clone corner thing.

I don't know what to believe anymore...

Maybe he's 250 matches or whatever again. I mean supposedly there are 4 or 5 more characters besides the leak but that doesnt really make sense because I would assume that someone HAD to have come across the others. Seems weird that 6 characters would take this long to find.

Jezan

So the dog did partner up with the ducks, gamers calling the dog an asshole redeemed!
=P
Maybe they were always friends and he laughs because we couldn't hurt the ducks! :D

I hated that dog, but he is so cute, I will not use him as the punchingbag (I hope Snake is back so he could be the bag instead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom