• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

Except for the lack of Ice Climbers and maybe Lucas, I think the roster is fucking amazing.
Here I am waiting (wishing, really) that Ice Climbers make it as DLC or newly included in the Wii U roster/Free 3DS DLC.

R.O.B. bringing utter disappointment to many in the Smash community, just like last time :p
Shame on you.
Source? I don't know about the finance thing but I remember reading somewhere that the 3DS was the original version because they couldn't think of any new ideas but they made a Wii U one anyway. I'll try and find it.
I read this too.
Now that's just silly. The only points I'll give you is Ice Climbers, but it still doesn't discount the fantastic new additions.
B-But Mewtwo.. ;'[

Molemitts

BxRKHNMIEAAwZzc.png

Unlocking ROB is apparently more time consuming than spriting every single secret character.

This one is really good. I'm looking forward to playing as Bowser Jr so much!

-Horizon-

From the same guy who posted the picture of the full roster :

Unlock character by playing VS :

10 times Ness
20 times Falco
30 times Wario
40 times Lucina
50 times black pit
60 times Dr. Mario
70 times robot
80 times Ganondorf
90th game watch
100 times Bowser Jr.
110 times Duck Hunt
120 times Puffin

Whats a Puffin?

Mik317

I like the final roster.

Not looking forward to the next month of constant bitching about it, so I'll probably just peace out from Smash discussion soon.

pretty much.

TBF tho..there was going to be bitching no matter what. I'd rather have it be about the roster than the gameplay not being good...which doesn't seem to be the case. So there is a plus I guess.

SmithnCo

10 times Ness
20 times Falco
30 times Wario
40 times Lucina
50 times black pit
60 times Dr. Mario
70 times robot
80 times Ganondorf
90th game watch
100 times Bowser Jr.
110 times Duck Hunt
120 times Puffin

Wow, that is really easy.

Neiteio

This roster is incredible.

And again, You Will Know Our Names in the Gaur Plains stage. Incredibly hype.

Has anyone heard the main Gaur Plains theme, though? Is it lifted straight from Xenoblade?

Also, I like how the time of day changes, and the eyes of the Mechonis glow at night. :)

Moonlight

Banned
This is one of the best rosters I could had ask for. It's so nice to know it's finally official once and of all. 3 Kid Icarus characters and 4 FE legitimately brings a tear to my eye.

When the game comes out, I'm going to main Pittoo and beat up purple Charizard just for fun.
I'm honestly in your boat. :lol

Four FE characters is just totally amazing (one of them finally being a magic user!), and way more than I ever expected we'd get. I just think it's a shame that we didn't get Viridi or Medusa out of KIU's cast, but I expect I'll get over it.

viridi better be DLC, come onnnn sakurai bias

PKGaming

Banned
A few questions:
1. In any of the streams, has Ness' final smash and victory screen been shown? Does he have the same final smash and victory music from Brawl? I was kind of thinking since it's only Ness now, they'd return to using his victory theme from 64 and Melee.
2. Can you change the controls? Pleeeease tell me you can change the controls.

Masked Man

I said wow
Dunno if anyone posted a translation, but the notification read:

You've unlocked the true All-Star Mode! Take down all the combatants!

Looks like this is our final roster! I can't wait to see Zipzo explain away his Mewtwo assertion.
KuGsj.gif

Macka

So let's get this straight:

- Ganondorf is still a clone of Captain Falcon.
- Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur were cut.
- Falco still has the Landmaster as Final Smash.
- Falco wasn't given superior Wolf moveset.
- Lucina, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit redefine what 'clone' means.
- No Golden Sun representation at all, with Isaac AT removed.
- All of the Ridley teasing was just Sakurai being a prick.

I like the final roster.

Not looking forward to the next month of constant bitching about it, so I'll probably just peace out from Smash discussion soon.

Smash fans bitching? Never!

10 times Ness
20 times Falco
30 times Wario
40 times Lucina
50 times black pit
60 times Dr. Mario
70 times robot
80 times Ganondorf
90th game watch
100 times Bowser Jr.
110 times Duck Hunt
120 times Puffin

Puffin is Jigglypuff.

Beats

10 times Ness
20 times Falco
30 times Wario
40 times Lucina
50 times black pit
60 times Dr. Mario
70 times robot
80 times Ganondorf
90th game watch
100 times Bowser Jr.
110 times Duck Hunt
120 times Puffin

I'm glad that the requirements are much lower. It will be less of a grind lol.

Ganondorf still a clone
Ice climbers gone
Wonky css final layout
Duck hunt dog was included
Ridley was not included
Dr mario returns, mewtwo doesn't

Fuck this final roster, this is even more embarrassing then Brawl's final roster
- Keeping hope for Ganon's custom moves.
- Ice Climbers, while it's odd to see them out, I personally don't care because I don't use those little ninjas.
- Layout looks weird, maybe DLC???
- Duck Hunt Dog is a G, shut yo ass up
- Ridley's ass is too big for the game, try again next year
- Y'all need to embrace Lucario as your Lord and Savior, for real... Does what Mewtwo does like 2x better, fam get a grip... and who's gonna check your ass when you got medical problems?? You know the doctor carries your insurance. He got you.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

10 times Ness
20 times Falco
30 times Wario
40 times Lucina
50 times black pit
60 times Dr. Mario
70 times robot
80 times Ganondorf
90th game watch
100 times Bowser Jr.
110 times Duck Hunt
120 times Puffin

Is that really real? 120 times? That is really surprising low. I guess Jigglypuff might be one of last characters being added to the game once again? :p

10 times Ness
20 times Falco
30 times Wario
40 times Lucina
50 times black pit
60 times Dr. Mario
70 times robot
80 times Ganondorf
90th game watch
100 times Bowser Jr.
110 times Duck Hunt
120 times Puffin

wow that's easy

P.S. robot=ROB, Puffin=Jiggs

JoeInky

I'd probably be more happy with the current roster if I actually loved the base game play mechanics, the demo has left a really sour taste in my mouth unfortunately.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
The whiney hyperbole is so salty and delicious. Some of you really still are children.

Yes, the lack of Ice Climbers and Wolf is a shame. Yes, some of the clones are painfully unnecessary. But it's a fantastic roster and you know it. If Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. weren't ESRB-leaked, you all would've creamed yourself.

This is a fantastic game and you're all going to love it, so suck it up, crybabies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Time to rank the newcomers:

Robin
Palutena
Greninja
Mii Fighters
Lucina
Duck Hunt Dog
Bowser Jr.
Shulk
Wii Fit Trainer
Pac-Man
Little Mac
Villager
Rosalina
Dark Pit

deeTyrant

Despite telling myself that the ESRB leak was the final roster for the last little bit I still feel sort of let down that there weren't any last second surprises. The roster is really solid and I think I just feel disappointed since none of the ESRB leak characters get me all that hype and most of the characters that do get me excited about Smash 4 were announced early on (Little Mac, Mega Man, Greninja, Rosalina, WiiFitTrainer).

I just really wanted one last big surprise! But of well. Game looks solid as heck.

random25

We're arguing about the final roster now? This is the best Smash roster yet. Even with the clones, a lot of them are really unique and the roster right now is the most colorful cast in any fighting game.

(mat)

The salt begins. I think I might bail before it gets too argue-y in here... It's been a blast hyping with you folks, though!

- Keeping hope for Ganon's custom moves.
- Ice Climbers, while it's odd to see them out, I personally don't care because I don't use those little ninjas.
- Layout looks weird, maybe DLC???
- Duck Hunt Dog is a G, shut yo ass up
- Ridley's ass is too big for the game, try again next year
- Y'all need to embrace Lucario as your Lord and Savior, for real... Does what Mewtwo does like 2x better, fam get a grip... and who's gonna check your ass when you got medical problems?? You know the doctor carries your insurance. He got you.

PREACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom