• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess there's no harm in posting this now.

imlVBxf.png

Fuck you.

Azuran

Banned
I'm honestly in your boat. :lol

Four FE characters is just totally amazing (one of them finally being a magic user!), and way more than I ever expected we'd get. I just think it's a shame that we didn't get Viridi or Medusa out of KIU's cast, but I expect I'll get over it.

viridi better be DLC, come onnnn sakurai bias

Either Hades or Viridi would make me so happy. I'm really hoping the so called Sakurai bias is real so we can get more Uprising goodness.

Dr. Buni

RIP Ridley. I am sad he was once again not included, but I am still satisfied with the actual roster.

Robin, Palutena, Lucina, Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt, Villager, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Shulk + most of the veterans. Really, the roster is amazing as it is.
Not looking forward to the next month of constant bitching about it, so I'll probably just peace out from Smash discussion soon.
Agreed here.

All of this Ridley teasing was a figment over your own imaginations that you devised to try and convince yourself so...

I gave up hope on Ridley at the direct, like most people should have

Kensho

So let's get this straight:

- Ganondorf is still a clone of Captain Falcon.
- Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur were cut.
- Falco still has the Landmaster as Final Smash.
- Falco wasn't given superior Wolf moveset.
- Lucina, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit redefine what 'clone' means.
- No Golden Sun representation at all, with Isaac AT removed.
- All of the Ridley teasing was just Sakurai being a prick.

I will use this, many times. Truth.

Fireblend

Banned
#TeamBestRoster

Honestly. I couldn't have asked for more.

Thanks, Sakurai <3

Can't wait to play this game and unlock everyone myself :3

SuperSah

Banned
I love the roster, stages, modes and everything.

I'm very excited and hope the demo comes sooner rather than later.

I get some may be disappointed, but this is a BIG roster, with a LOT of varied fighters, mind the clones.

I will embrace this game, and play the living shit out of it. Can't wait to play y'all in Boxing Ring online!

To be honest at this point I'm more disappointed in the clone movesets than any character exclusions. I mean, DLC can always add Ridley, but Ganondorf if pretty much officially stuck as a Capt. Falcon clone for another 7 years now. And Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario are utterly pointless. And Falco still has a dreadfully OOC Landmaster.

Just... just gotta focus on how much I'll enjoy playing all the Newcomers, I guess. It's pretty clear what facets of the roster the dev team focused on this time around.

So let's get this straight:

- Ganondorf is still a clone of Captain Falcon.
- Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur were cut.
- Falco still has the Landmaster as Final Smash.
- Falco wasn't given superior Wolf moveset.
- Lucina, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit redefine what 'clone' means.
- No Golden Sun representation at all, with Isaac AT removed.
- All of the Ridley teasing was just Sakurai being a prick.

Yup. Pretty much :(

I'm not very impressed with the roster when it comes to newcomers, and even as a clone I think there would have been better choices than Dark Pit. That's the only character I really have a problem with.

I'm happy I don't have to unlock Toon Link and Lucario.

Lunar15

I've always thought it was weird that Sakurai always holds the more obscure/less requested characters for the end, and reveals all of the most requested characters at the start of media.

I mean, I get leading with a few big requests,but why wouldn't you hold on to the biggest bombs (I.E. Mega Man) until the very end? That'd be incredible.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
BTW

1 - That Zip guy is a freakin' huge asshole to imply Mewtwo was in.

2 - Isaac is still MIA, but Camelot credited, possibly confirming DLC.

3 - That Zero guy, a mod from SmashBoards said a rep told him the leaked roster wasn't complete. Are SmashBoards mods so shitty?

1. I think he were talking about Greninja having mewtwo colors
2. People really need to sit down and spamming AT over 300 times, since we had a lot of assist trophies right now so it might be harder to get what you want to see.
3. Well, his source could have lied to him.

Luqi

Despite telling myself that the ESRB leak was the final roster for the last little bit I still feel sort of let down that there weren't any last second surprises. The roster is really solid andI think I just feel disappointed since none of the ESRB leak characters get me all that hype and most of the characters that do get me excited about Smash 4 were announced early on (Little Mac, Mega Man, Greninja, Rosalina, WiiFitTrainer).

I just really wanted one last big surprise! But of well. Game looks solid as heck.

this was it for me. Many people got really pumped up about DHD and Bowser Jr.

I was just "yeah they cool but imagine if they were revelead before and Megaman was showing up right now"

People would be going fucking bananas calling it fake.

Final roster looks really solid though and I'm really hyped to play the game

Neiteio

I know the roster is incredible when I want to main like 25% of the roster, and thoroughly explore the rest. I'm split between wanting to master Bowser Jr., Shulk, Greninja, Duck Hunt, Robin, Palutena, Bowser, Mr. Game & Watch, Captain Falcon, etc. SO MANY CHOICES. And I love all of the characters on some level.

Pizza

Im pretty happy with the roster, i wouldve been pooping my pants off for five more guys but dlc seems likely and the roster is solid. I got little mac, pac man, dr mario, and duck hunt dog, who were my big four before the game was even announced.

And all thay ridley teasing for nothing. I hope we get geno for beating allstar mode.

Macka

Ridley was teased as a stage boss in the Wii U version, so....
Sakurai would be aware that the stage boss thing just made Ridley fans even more convinced he was playable. He should have shut it down ages ago like he did for Waluigi fans, etc. Not doing so when the fanbase was going crazy with hype is a dick move, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw5acgqIHQE
Appropriate to listen to, I feel.

Anyways, yeah there's some big disappointments I have with the roster, but overall the newcomers and some of the redesigns more than make up for some of the weird ass roster decisions.

Here's hoping we get an Iwata Asks that clears up some of the mysteries (IF they even bother this time)

I guess I set myself up for disappointment putting so much faith in Gematsu, and thus a Rhythm Heaven character. But I'll get over it. I try not to grow too attached to any character requests.

Overall pretty happy with the roster. The cuts are disappointing, Ice Climbers in particular, but... I'd like to remain optimistic that they'll show up again somehow. The newcomers are great and I'm extremely pleased.

Exile20

they don't literally use the money but i'm pretty sure that the 3DS version had top priority and it will make em more money.

Well when you say the 3ds version is funding the wii u version then that is what it means.

I am not sure what you mean by top priority. What makes it top priority?

NotLiquid

For the first time in the history of Smash Bros sequels I don't really think there's a single character on the final roster I can safely say I actually "hoped" for.

Not to say the characters we got aren't good or well made but out of all the "leaked" characters the only one I was holding out for was the Rhythm Heaven rep, especially after the slight tease with the RH enemy in Smash Run, because I knew that TW101 and Splatoon was a bit of an unrealistic expectation to have represented.

So I guess I'm a bit let down to be honest. Stings as well that the 3DS stage roster is a bit of a misfire. I'll probably play Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk or Junior, but overall there's not a lot of inclusions I'm as excited about.

Still, hoping for DLC and I can't wait to play the game itself.

-Horizon-

Overall, while I'm disappointed that some characters were cut, I still think this is an amazing roster. And at the same time, I won't put the idea of there being DLC away. I am sure there will be a few just to fill in those blanks on the CSS. That as well as stages and other things. If not, Nintendo shot themselves in the foot at this lost opportunity.

"Congratulations, you have unlocked all the characters"

Can we move on, please? :(
It hurts..

Absence of Ridley and Dixie hurt so bad. Especially when Dark Pit is in as such a blatant clone and a third reps for Kid Icarus and series with three games. I mean Dark Samus has appeared in more games than Dark Pit. Ganondorf doesn't even use his sword.

The 7 Mario slots seem a bit much considering DK, Wario and especially Yoshi's relation to the franchise.

Overall all a disappointing final roster to me because of the lack of proper representation between series. I only have a slim hope that DLC may bring some balance with hopefully Ridley, Dixie, Wolf, Lucas and Mewtwo. That still won't solve the Ganondorf issue. Three games as a clone. Come on.

Happy with the roster

Wanted

Mega man
Little Mac
Duck hunt dog
Palutena
Pac man - told you all :p

The other new characters I'll try since they are cool additions

Plus I got everyone I used back from brawl (except snake x ice climbers)

Good job Sakurai

KING K ROOL WILL LIVE ANOTHER DAY :(

Richie

Shame on you.

Lol, just thought it was funny that in both occasions the fate of many a Smasher's hope lied on R.O.B.'s shoulders. I myself am definitely damn happy with what we have (Duck Hunt Dog is the New Main I Never Knew I Wanted, and ALL KOOPALINGS PLAYABLE). The departure of Ice Climbers, which up until now were considered shoe-ins, plus Lucas and Wolf, whose movesets I preferred to those of Ness and Falco, stings, sure, but it doesn't take away from all the goodness that IS included here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom