• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ridley is meta ridley from prime in the metroid stage then the ridley hype will begin again

Sakurai is a troll though, just confirm it already

I just want the demo :/ we know Japan got it NoA

Dr. Buni

My personal rank

1. Bowser Jr.
2. Robin
3. Palutena
4. Duck Hunt (It is NOT Duck Hunt DOG)
5. Villager
6. Mega Man
7. Pac-Man
8. Lucina
9. Rosalina
10. Mii Fighters
11. Little Mac
12. Shulk
13. Wii Fit Trainer
14. Greninja
15. Dark Pit
Mhm, guess this means the rest will be added with the Wii U version. :)
Both versions have the same roster. There is no "rest".

TrueBlue

Time to rank the newcomers:

Robin
Palutena
Greninja
Mii Fighters
Duck Hunt Dog
Bowser Jr.
Shulk
Wii Fit Trainer
Pac-Man
Little Mac
Villager
Rosalina
Dark Pit

Rosalina
Palutena
Shulk
Robin/Lucina
Duck Hunt Dog/
Little Mac
Greninja
Wii Fit Trainer
Bowser Jr
Pac-Man/Mega Man
Villager
Mii
Dark Pit

Honestly though, I don't think there's a single one I actively dislike. Dark Pit is a little disappointing, despite the fact I rather like the character.

Kyzer

Banned
BTh5Glm.jpg

http://mastiff.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1410454936/910

wat?

no way...

The last second additions are still miles better than what we got for Brawl. As I recall, the only characters we didn't know about for Brawl before the strategy guide leak were veterans, clones, and ROB. This time we get great characters in Bowser Jr./Koopalings and the Duck Hunt Dog as well as a previously cut vet in Dr. Mario. The funny thing is that even with me desperately wanting Ridley in Smash for well over a decade, I would still have probably played Mega Man a lot more if he were included. Ironically, despite all the ups and downs I've felt with this character roster, the one I'll be playing the most is the character revealed in the very first trailer for the game.

Mik317

any actual gameplay impressions.

Like was the demo the real deal and the game is fun? (looks amazing to me but y'know)

Classic mode doesn't tell much with the scaling.

nerdbot

I completely love all the newcomers except Dark Pit, it's a fantastic lineup, but at the same time it's hard not to be disappointed to see literally my three favorite Brawl characters gone. I feel like Sakurai was targeting me, and me specifically. o_o

Also Dr. Mario sucks but whatever, I'm sooooo totally behind this roster except those 3 guys being gone and those 2 guys being in. Which still hurts, I guess it's just that it's so close to perfect for me but it isn't.

Neiteio

Now that we know the entire roster, one of the streamers should do the right thing and record an hour-long time match on the F-Zero stage, with Bowser Jr., Shulk, Duck Hunt and Palutena as the characters.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh well, at least Wolf still has his theme. Apparently a new composition even, since it's not the same one in Brawl.

:(

(mat)

It would be neat for Nintendo to add a character or two to the Wii U version, and then release them as free DLC for 3DS when the Sm4sh U launches.

Speculation is fun! :)

See, the thing is, if it wasn't for the ESRB leak, there would be minds being blown by Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr. + Koopalings etc.

Now, we just have people being disappointed.

Nah people would still be upset/pissed about the same things they are now

-wtf duck hunt and no ridley/isaac/etc
-ice climbers gone wtf
-so many mario characters
-ganondorf is STILL a clone

Etc

All the leak did was spread out the disappointment and give people more time to accept it

The roster is fine save for the lack of Ice Climbers (and the most likely reason for their disappearance is something I'm not okay with), but the stage roster is still putrid trash and better not be a vision of things to come on the Wii U version. The two versions are ostensibly supposed to stand on their own--half-assing the stages in both would be a sure fire way to make sure that didn't happen. If Smash Bros. Wii U has fewer stages than Brawl like 3DS does (in both new stages and totality), then the decision to make two versions was a failure. All the characters in the world don't save a stage roster that awful.

BTA

I'm a little disappointed that the roster's final, but only in that a sudden reveal of another character (and the buildup/mystery if ROB didn't cause the message) would have been amazing to see. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with what we got!

The only actually disappointing things for me about the game itself are the lack of changed Final Smashes as well as the unlock requirements being kinda boring- I would have liked to see some obscure/weird ones (like Luigi's in Melee) for the 3DS version and then have the Wii U version be simpler so people could play together faster. But I recognize that I'm probably in the minority for that. And the game looks amazing regardless, so I'm hyped.

Great, great set of newcomers. Everyone of them minus Dark Pit and Lucina is exciting either for the character being in Smash (Rosalina, Mega Man) or for their moveset (Greninja, Robin). And I can't really hate on Dark Pit or Lucina, they're fine inclusions, even if they are clones.

Favorite newcomers, without having played the game, are Little Mac, Villager, Robin, Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr.

I'm disappointed that Ice Climbers were left out, though.

I like that Sakurai's "necessary evolution" for the handheld version boils down to re-using ideas he had in other games and cutting legacy modes like Event Matches.

Kyou

I'm really not happy over Dark Pit guys.

Like he's the the most striking thing about the roster I'm desperately trying to remain positive about.

But the combination of blatant favoritism and being another clone is making things exceedingly hard for me accept.

mFtml7d.jpg

he was one of the most requested characters

The roster is fine save for the lack of Ice Climbers (and the most likely reason for their disappearance is something I'm not okay with), but the stage roster is still putrid trash and better not be a vision of things to come on the Wii U version. The two versions are ostensibly supposed to stand on their own--half-assing the stages in both would be a sure fire way to make sure that didn't happen. If Smash Bros. Wii U has fewer stages than Brawl like 3DS does (in both new stages and totality), then the decision to make two versions was a failure. All the characters in the world don't save a stage roster that awful.
The worst part is that all of the new stages seem realllly good, which makes you wonder what could have been if they didn't split them.

SuperSah

Banned
I like the roster, seriously, characters like Little Mac, WFT, DHG, Bowser Jr all get me hyped. Even the Miis look amazing.

Robin looks a blast to play as, Toon Link looks great.

Honestly? Best fighting roster in a LONG LONG time.

Would be better with Amaterasu, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom