• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Final roster looks great, but I will miss the vets who didn't make it, especially Snake. It was inevitable, though.

RIP SNAKE
RIP WOLF
RIP LUCAS
RIP ICE CLIMBERS
RIP MEWTWO

I will miss most of those characters! :(

I was confused

rvscl.jpg

That made me laughs :)

i hate sakurai.

fucking dark fucking pit.

I don't really, just fucking sour.

not Lucina? She's basically nearly 1:1 clone of Marth, just like Dark Pit. If they decided to not do Dark Pit, then we wouldn't even get Ridley and Dark PIt.

I'm not sure what I would call Dr. Mario tho.

This notion is just silly. BLAME CLONES FOR NOT ALLOWING MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS GETTING IN.

Nah people would still be upset/pissed about the same things they are now

-wtf duck hunt and no ridley/isaac/etc
-ice climbers gone wtf
-so many mario characters
-ganondorf is STILL a clone

Etc

All the leak did was spread out the disappointment and give people more time to accept it
not by the looks of it lol

Omzz

wow some of you guys actually believe that ridley showing was anything but a boss tease? i dont know what to tell you

Spinluck

I like the final roster.

Not looking forward to the next month of constant bitching about it, so I'll probably just peace out from Smash discussion soon.

The leak didn't help.

Also, you have no one but yourself to blame if you thought there were more characters than presented in the leak. People should learn to control their expectation.

I still think Ice Climbers being cut is bullshit though. Especially if they're absent from the Wii U version. Overall this is the best Smash Roster.

Dr. Mario and Dark Pit can fuck off though.

So much unneeded hatred for this roster (well, at least on Ridley's SmashBoards thread... dear lord). Waluigi was the only character I really wanted, I didn't get him, but I'm still excited for the newcomers that did get in. You have to be at least somewhat appreciative for what Sakurai and the team managed to do with some of the new guys. Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings have an astoundingly intriguing moveset and Duck Hunt is charming as all hell.

The majority of the other newcomers are also pretty amazing as well. Just learn to like some of the newcomers and appreciate the gameplay itself and you'll completely forget that Ridley/K. Rool/Impa/Dixie Kong/etc. were even excluded. I mean, this IS the 4th Smash Bros. after all. I'm pretty sure the majority of us have already grown attached to some veteran fighters anyways.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What makes Dark Pit different from Pit?
In Kid Icarus Uprising, nothing, except that he's a rebellious version of Pit whereas the original adheres to Palutena's orders even if he second guesses her at times. Which is the point in that game: it's taking a jab at that particular trope, making fun of the fact that Dark Pit is just an edgier Pit.

In a fighting game, though, it's meh.

It's all over now
image.php

I just got to the R.O.B. screen in catching up with this thread.

I pretty much knew that the ESRB leak was final. I mean why would they hide characters from ESRB? SMH people.

:p

I am happy with this roster. Sad about cuts, especially IC and Lucas since I love their design and know Mother 3 is a really good game respectively. Thankfully, none of my favorite characters got cut. Even my main Toon Link got his chance today!

#Lovetheblankspaces

Kensho

I'm upset at people hating on Dark Pit/Doctor Mario while not mentioning/liking/loving Lucina.

But most of all, even while still loving the game and dying to play, I'm upset at Sakurai for ignoring all the people asking for Ridley for more than a decade now. The least he could do was deconfirm him clearly like he did with Girahim, Waluigi, Skull Kid... Sigh.

SoldnerKei

I will only miss Snake, he... had a hard life

I like the roster, I have most of the characters I wanted (Fucking Shulk!) all the characters I use are back, except Snake, so this is awesome

ChaosXVI

I knew Ridley was a long shot, even with all the teasing, but man, I though Dixie had a good chance of being in...

If there is DLC, I will expect Dixie to be one of the most likely characters...but who knows. Adding new fighters isn't the same as adding new characters to Mario Kart.

Man, I'm still in a state of disbelief that Smash is out, even if it is in a part of the world that I don't live in :D

I feel that Sakurai has done a wonderful job with the roster. Wolf and Mewtwo's apparent exclusion hit hard, and IC still seems bizarre until we hopefully get a definitive answer from one of the game's creators. I feel for those who are missing Lucas and other vets. These exclusions don't take away from some of
the new inclusions, though.

But all in all, this game looks amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on it. And then the Wii U version, and then go hang out at camp #DLC

KHlover

Banned
By announcing Pyrosphere alongside "
An enemy from Samus' past can appear at any second!
" but not showing it right away like he had with the other boss characters, by showing the hole in Pyrosphere's wall without explaining why, by showing the silhouette in the Direct in a part about boss characters despite only showing off one boss character prior, and I'm sorry, but it's entirely justified that, by the 3rd PotD focusing solely on the skewed scales of the characters, he might have been hinting at something new with an abnormal size being scaled to fit the game somehow.

Bolded should have (and has) tipped of any reasonable fan. Not on the first appearance, but at the Smash Direct.

- Tease mentioned that whoever was teased would appear on the stage during the match
http://imgur.com/a/8KnTr#297

- Boss entry shown

- Teased during boss part of the direct
2qaizh0.jpg

Sorry, Ridley was only ever teased as a boss

I like that Sakurai's "necessary evolution" for the handheld version boils down to re-using ideas he had in other games and cutting legacy modes like Event Matches.

Yeah, I noticed that, too.

I'm glad the 3DS version exists mind you (Especially since I don't plan on playing the Wii U version), but lol all the same.

Lunar15

I really hope that's not the case :/

I already accepted long ago that my most wanted newcomer hopes were pinned for DLC.

It's definitely the case, and there's nothing expressly wrong with it. It's hard to be mad at the inclusion of something. If you, or anyone else, myself included, got 100% of the things they wanted and Dark Pit, we probably wouldn't care one bit because it's just something extra.

Nope, Ridley was always teased as a stage boss. If people want to jump to their own irrational conclusions than that's their problem.

He cockteased Metroid fans twice in that direct. "Zero suit samus is cut. Haha, just kidding no she isn't". Then teased a image of ridley, one of the most popular ideas for newcomers, and then never mentioned him again. Yes, it was just about when they were talking about stage bosses, but it's still a dick move to not just outright say it and leave us all hanging, because who seriously cares about the stage bosses, at all?

I just get the feeling sakurai really doesn't like metroid. (And yes, that is a very tin foily thing to say)

Wanderer5

Well despite the lack of Wolf and Dark Pit being such a clone, the roster looks pretty good overall. I thinking Marth, Ike, Fox, and either Palutena or Duck Hunt Dog will probably be my mains, but I shall see.

I'm really not happy over Dark Pit guys.

Like he's the the most striking thing about the roster I'm desperately trying to remain positive about.

But the combination of blatant favoritism and being another clone is making things exceedingly hard for me accept.

Really wish they weren't so lazy with him. He could have easily been his own character, but screw that! Feel like having my Dark Pit figma facepalming at this.XD

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
We're arguing about the final roster now? This is the best Smash roster yet. Even with the clones, a lot of them are really unique and the roster right now is the most colorful cast in any fighting game.

It's normal for Smash Cycle. There are always arguments about fighting rosters once we find out complete roster.

So the ESRB leak is the final roster? Cool. When I get the game in October, I'm really looking forward to playing Mega Man, Duck Hunt Dog, and Bowser Jr. (as Lemmy, of course).

I guess this is the point where everybody switches from "the All-Star Mode wasn't fully unlocked so there are more characters" to "there's obviously going to be DLC characters!" At this point during Brawl, everybody would be getting more towards the acceptance phase but with DLC possibilities people will still hope. I guess that's okay, but I like the roster as is (aside from the missing Lucas).

Now I'm more interested in seeing what the Wii U version has that's different than the 3DS version.

Oidisco

This roster is fucking fantastic. The only cut character that I kinda care about is Wolf, but everything else more than makes up for it.

ciD_Vain

In Kid Icarus Uprising, nothing, except that he's a rebellious version of Pit whereas the original adheres to Palutena's orders even if he second guesses her at times. Which is the point in that game: it's taking a jab at that particular trope, making fun of the fact that Dark Pit is just an edgier Pit.

In a fighting game, though, it's meh.
Still have yet to play uprising. For smash though, it's a bit disappointing.

You know, Dark Pit was one of my least favorite non-Medusa Uprising characters, but I'm kinda hoping he's up there in the tiers so I can use him. Apparently Pit was good at E3...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, I'm still in a state of disbelief that Smash is out, even if it is in a part of the world that I don't live in :D

I feel that Sakurai has done a wonderful job with the roster. Wolf and Mewtwo's apparent exclusion hit hard, and IC still seems bizarre until we hopefully get a definitive answer from one of the game's creators. I feel for those who are missing Lucas and other vets. These exclusions don't take away from some of
the new inclusions, though.

But all in all, this game looks amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on it. And then the Wii U version, and then go hang out at camp #DLC

I'm still getting the game and will enjoy it.

It's just that faint, hard feeling always being given at you.

Zubz

Banned
It clearly was reading into things too much though

I guess so, but not without good reason. Again, this should have been clear since August.

And I feel bad, too, because thanks to that leak, rather than getting excited over Jr. and DHD, I'm getting pissed about this, R.O.B. being the last unlock instead of a newcomer (Again, why?), Dr. Mario coming back before Mewtwo, and Dark Pit being the same exact character barring him using a different weapon for 1 attack. Just 1.

Granted, all of this'd be irksome regardless, but the cool stuff got overtaken by this since we knew about it ahead of time. It's like PSASBR all over again (I'd say Brawl, but honestly, I'd've been disappointed with the only 4 unlockable newcomers anyway, and PSASBR's demo leak has far too many parallels to the ESRB leak in terms of reasons people're expecting it to be incomplete... myself included).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom