• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the next smash game, I think they should prioritize on recreating all the characters from scratch rather than the newcomers. Having characters with the same moves as their brawl counterpart, some with same brawl voice overs, same final smashes. It's like, it really seems they half and halfed game.

They did remake the characters. Or at least, it certainly feels like they did. Pikachu feels especially different.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
How is he worse than Dr. Mario? At least Pittoo is his own character.

This Dark Pit hate is hilarious. There's just something funny about people projecting their disappointment on a fictional character.

In a way, this is a fault of the fanbase.

You don't want characters who have unique moveset but share a similar Final Smash? Well here's a character with no unique moveset but has a unique Final Smash.

How is he worse than Dr. Mario? At least Pittoo is his own character.

This Dark Pit hate is hilarious. There's just something funny about people projecting their disappointment on a fictional character.
Pretty much.

Not to mention that there's no way in hell that Dark Pit took a significant amount of resources to make so it's not like he took up the space of another character or anything. Recolor Pit, change some move properties, change the voice clips and taunts, bam.

mrhej

People will be disappointed no matter what huh? Well I'm happy.

Now I'm going to play Kid Icarus: Uprising for the first because of the sale.

Regiruler

1. Megaman
2. Bowser Jr.
3. Shulk
4. Palutena
5. Little Mac
6. Dark Pit
7. Duck Hunt
8. Pac-man
9. Mii Fighter
10. Robin
11. Greninja
12. Villager
13. Wii Fit Trainer
14. Rosalina
15. Lucina
16. Charizard (just to show my displeasure although he only partially counts)

Pachimari

I'm super sad about no Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer. I were most excited about them as this is my first Smash Bros.

I have so many fond memories of Ice Climbers.

That said. Im ecstatic about Duck Hunt Dog. And seeing Jigglypuff back is great. The newcomers of Villager and Mega Man is even more exciting.

Missing Mewtwo as he were from my generation of Pokemon.

I love the roster, but there's simply no way to defend Dark Pit. He is the shittiest newcomer Smash ever had, and there are a million better options for clones besides him. IMO, he the only stain in the entire roster.

hahaha, what? Dr Mario is worse. Pittoo is at least a seperate character with his own personality. Dr. Mario is the same character, again.

In my opinion the main reason I don't like dark pit is because it took away the slot that ice climbers had :(

That's not really how it works. Original characters, even veterans, take a lot more time to implement than clones. It probably took a fraction of the staff, man-hours, and budget to implement Dark Pit than it would've taken to implement Ice Climbers. Especially given the technical challenge of the Climbers, which is probably the whole reason they're not in.

1. Pac-Man
2. Bowser Junior
3. Greninja
3.5. Dr. Mario
4. Duck Hunt
5. Rosalina
6. Wii Fit Trainer
7. Palutena
8. Mii Fighters
9. Robin
10. Dark Pit
11. Mega Man
12. Little Mac
13. Lucina
14. Villager
15. Shulk

Veeboy

In my opinion the main reason I don't like dark pit is because it took away the slot that ice climbers had :(
No, he didn't.
Dark Pit and all of the clones more than likely took such little collective effort that, had that not been in the game, the most we probably would've gotten would be a couple of alt costumes.

Would trade Dark Pit for ponytail Peach or Biker Rosalina though.

For the next smash game, I think they should prioritize on recreating all the characters from scratch rather than the newcomers. Having characters with the same moves as their brawl counterpart, some with same brawl voice overs, same final smashes. It's like, it really seems they half and halfed game.

I felt that this was supposed to be the point of Smash 4 (seeing as everyone does have new animations). But then the 3DS probably happened (I'm still buying both versions though, but it's clear that developing 2 SKUs at the same time affected development in some ways)

Kouriozan

With that extra space near Ness, it mean Lucas is DLC, right? :p

Honestly, I don't expect DLC, but having all that space in the CSS is really weird, even more after Smash 64/Melee/Brawl, it really feel like something is missing.

TrueBlue

Newcomer rankings:

1. Duck Hunt
2. Little Mac
3. Robin
4. Bowser Jr.
5. Greninja
6. Villager
7. Palutena
8. Mega Man
9. Wii Fit Trainer
10. Shulk
11. Wii Fit Trainer
12. Pac-Man
13. Mii Fighters
14. Dark Pit
15. Lucina

Like I mentioned earlier, though, I'm cool with all of them.

.[/spoiler]

Post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-Hje6.gif

Are you separating the sexes or something? Also, where's Rosalina? :p

roknin

Uh oh... and now we've reached the ugly, nasty part of Smash hype.

When it all falls down and the people turn their bloodthirsty rage upon one another.

Destruction reigns, and blood is shed over the ideals and wishes of so many various factions.

Henceforth, I shall take up my sword in the name of Lucina and ROB.

Roster is fantastic but I won't lie, leaks as usual do dampen the surprise and the lack of Ridley is pretty surprising considering how often he's been asked for, which Sakurai is clearly aware of.)

TWILT

Banned
I'm more than happy with the final roster. We got some very cool characters in the game.

Ranking:
1. Shulk
2. Robin
3. Greninja
4. Mega Man
5. Palutena
6. Little Mac
7. Duck Hunt
8. Lucina
9. Bowser Jr.
10. Villager
11. Pac-Man
12. Rosalina
13. Wii Fit Trainer
14. Mii Fighters
15. Dark Pit

I'm cool with all of them, and I'm hella excited for my top 3.

hahaha, what? Dr Mario is worse. Pittoo is at least a seperate character with his own personality. Dr. Mario is the same character, again.

Regular Mario never even went to college, fam

Dr. Mario went through college, went through med school, became a doctor and now he's throwing pills everywhere

Dr. Mario comes from the Good Timeline where he doesn't need to find the princesses...they come to him because he's obviously making more money as a doctor than some broke assed plumber...

I felt that this was supposed to be the point of Smash 4 (seeing as everyone does have new animations). But then the 3DS probably happened (I'm still buying both versions though, but it's clear that developing 2 SKUs at the same time affected development in some ways)

3DS version was the first version planned though

JoeInky

Dr Mario is atleast a different model with a unique moveset.

Dark Pit being a separate character in KI:U means shit all to me, he looks exactly the same as a recolour.

Dark Pit should have been in Alph's position and Alph should have been in Dark Pit's position.

The main reason I don't like dark pit is because it took away the slot that ice climbers had :(

Ice Climbers were doomed the moment they announced the game for 3DS, and especially when they said that they had to cut AT to 30fps to even get the game to run properly. I don't think the 3DS version could handle eight Ice Climbers running all over the stage at once and maintain any reasonable level of performance.

I'm not gonna pretend I'm not disappointed by favorites not returning while the clone count goes up, but in the end I'm OK with what we got.

...Still desperately hope there'll be DLC to fill in those empty spaces, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom