• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I felt that this was supposed to be the point of Smash 4 (seeing as everyone does have new animations). But then the 3DS probably happened (I'm still buying both versions though, but it's clear that developing 2 SKUs at the same time affected development in some ways)

3DS version was originally the only version though.

I can't really agree with Sakurai's game development philosophies. Saying they can't "evolve the series" with another home console entry is worse than some of Miyamoto's comments.

I'm not sure what his problem is with "more." Most people play these games for fan service. "More" is exactly what probably 90% or more of the Smash audience wants.

Regular Mario never even went to college, fam

Dr. Mario went through college, went through med school, became a doctor and now he's throwing pills everywhere

Dr. Mario comes from the Good Timeline where he doesn't need to find the princesses...they come to him because he's obviously making more money as a doctor than some broke assed plumber...

Now, plumbers make almost as much as doctors. Met a plumber who has been in the business for 10 years and he makes almost 300k a year.

Roo

Also also why do you guys want day 1 dlc so badly i thought that was a bad thing for devs to hold back content that's already completed I mean seriously

I assume you don't really know how developement works.
Not everyone is Ubisoft/EA.
Thing is... (Just like Mario Golf World Tour) this is not about devs holding back content. They were basically in crunch time, deadline was approaching, decisions were made and characters got cut.

That's not really how it works. Original characters, even veterans, take a lot more time to implement than clones. It probably took a fraction of the staff, man-hours, and budget to implement Dark Pit than it would've taken to implement Ice Climbers. Especially given the technical challenge of the Climbers, which is probably the whole reason they're not in.

Does dark pit take up a slot or is he just an alternate skin like Alph is for Olimar?

toa95

Dr. Mario went through college, went through med school, became a doctor and now he's throwing pills everywhere

Dr. Mario comes from the Good Timeline where he doesn't need to find the princesses...they come to him because he's obviously making more money as a doctor than some broke assed plumber...

Another plus of the Good Timeline is that Mario never got F.L.O.O.D and thus kept his Melee moveset!

Post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-Hje6.gif

Are you separating the sexes or something? Also, where's Rosalina? :p

Shush, you, I already fixed it.

Wow @ some rankings. The dark salt is real.

Dark Pit was never gonna be anyone's favorite at least until they got their hands on him.

Zorfendor

Neo Member
1. Villager
2. Duck Hunt Dog
3. Little Mac
4. Palutena
5. Shulk
6. Mii Fighters
7. Pac-Man
8. Mega Man
8.5. Alph
9. Greninja
10. Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings
11. Wii Fit Trainer
12. Rosalina
13. Robin
14. Lucina
15. Dark Pit

Galang

Banned
I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't get a few characters via DLC. And I mean a few like 6 max. Overall I'm quite content with the roster. There's always characters I want that don't get in, but a good chunk of characters I wanted got in so I can't complain at all. My only annoyance is that they reduced the Mother series back to 1 rep. I'd prefer if they had tried harder to strike a balance between series.

random25

Regular ass Mario is so rich that he has stacks of gold enough to buy tickets for trip to some faraway galaxy! He does not need college degree!

Kyzer

Banned
Newcomer rankings:

1. Mega Man (we've been waiting!)
2. Greninja (out of NOWHERE)
3. Shulk
4. Rosalina
5. Robin
6. Bowser Jr.
7. Duck Hunt Dog
8. Villager
9. Dark Pit
10. Lucina
11. Mii Fighters
12. Wii Fit Trainer
13. Wii Fit Trainer
14. Little Mac
15. Pac-Man

Don't know why I dont like Pac Man more than I do.

Hoping for 6 DLC by the end of 2015:

1. Mewtwo
2. Snake
3. Wolf

4. Isaac
5. Ray 01
6. Ridley

Mik317

the deepest lore

I assume you don't really know how developement works.
Not everyone is Ubisoft/EA.
Thing is... (Just like Mario Golf World Tour) this is not about devs holding back content. They were basically in crunch time, deadline was approaching, decisions were made and characters got cut.

Nah, I was just trying to be annoying. :p

I'm not gonna comment on everybody's roster desires as I'm content with it.

OH OH NEORICE LET ME HAVE THE DR. MARIO SPRITE PLEASE!!

Dr Mario is atleast a different model with a unique moveset.

Dark Pit being a separate character in KI:U means shit all to me, he looks exactly the same as a recolour.

Dark Pit should have been in Alph's position and Alph should have been in Dark Pit's position.

Dark Pit has a different side B, Final Smash, Arrows and up smash I guess.

kain7th

Neo Member
I would've been happier with this roster if i didn't feel like i was led to believe there was more, like mewtwo.

I'm pretty salty about Zipzo lying to us. i just don't get why he did that!

Trey

Dark Pit and Lucina are some shameful shit but the rest of the newcomers seem pretty dope.

There's enough of them and it's varied enough that you could make an actual fighting game with just that roster, so kudos for that.

Zubz

Banned
With that extra space near Ness, it mean Lucas is DLC, right? :p

Honestly, I don't expect DLC, but having all that space in the CSS is really weird, even more after Smash 64/Melee/Brawl, it really feel like something is missing.

Gematsu leaker DID say the way DLC's going to be handled is going to be disgusting. I can see characters being withheld from the starting roster to be early DLC. I have no doubt those slots are going to get filled. It's just a matter as to whether or not they could've gotten in (And no, with how copy-pasted Dark Pit is, I don't think he ate up any of that time.)

FleenerW

Honestly, I don't expect DLC, but having all that space in the CSS is really weird, even more after Smash 64/Melee/Brawl, it really feel like something is missing.
Speaking of really weird, why is MGAW in the top-right corner instead of being bundled with R.O.B. and Duck Hunt?

BTA

If the argument against Dark Pit is that the relatively small amount of effort/time it took to make him could have gone towards more significant costumes and such for other characters, I can agree with that; I'd much rather have more cool alt costumes. But I also haven't played Uprising yet, so it's not like I care about him to begin with. Regardless, it's not like he "took a slot" from another character or anything, except maybe if we're talking about Alph and it makes more sense to have Dark Pit than him anyway.

JoeInky

I can't really agree with Sakurai's game development philosophies. Saying they can't "evolve the series" with another home console entry is worse than some of Miyamoto's comments.

I'm not sure what his problem is with "more." Most people play these games for fan service. "More" is exactly what probably 90% or more of the Smash audience wants.

Now, plumbers make almost as much as doctors. Met a plumber who has been in the business for 10 years and he makes almost 300k a year.

Also if his problem with a home console only version was that he couldn't "evolve" the series, I'd like to know where the series has been "evolved" in the 3DS version that couldn't have been done on the WiiU.

It's such a weirdly stupid quote.

emb

Having the 3DS version as the only version would have been even more tragic. That doesn't excuse it if it brings down the version with actual controls and smoother performance.

I agree though. Sakurai's rants weren't justified. And in the end all he gave us was more, with a little less, and an adapted version of a Kirby Air Ride mode.

Macka

It's not Sakurai's job to babysit the emotionally volatile segment of Smash fans that believe in things born of their own irrationality.
It's not about babysitting, it's about not letting people get too disappointed later. He let down the fans of Waluigi gently. He made it clear Ghirahim wouldn't be playable, and showed the Assist Trophies of a few other requested characters.

I don't think it's unfair to be annoyed at the Ridley teasing tbh, but some people here would lick Sakurai's taint regardless of what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom