• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Ridley terrible and so are his jokes about him being too big or whatever.

Some people are more radical and extreme in voicing their disappointment than others. Let's not group them with the mildly disappointed. It's ok to like a lot of this game and still think Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are shit additions without being called a man child.

Never called anyone a man child, breh. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, as always.

But if you ain't down with the Doc, then I got two words for ya...

Ridley Deconfirmed

Kouriozan

Phew, this one is finally perfect

UJpFoxG.png

Hope you'll notice it Spinosaurus.

Jawmuncher

Sorry for your cut characters, but I'm glad you're keeping positive! Hopefully this game will come through for you.

Everyone who has a loved character or characters cut will always be sad. But we'll get over it sooner or later. We can always remember the good times, play the older games. Plus now we have the dream of DLC to keep us going.

Spinluck

There is disappointment and then there is butthurt.

I am disappointed that Mewtwo isn't in and that this is the final roster (for now maybe).

However, I'm not losing my shit over the internet about it, calling for Sakurai to never make another game, and that this game is now worthless because of that.

People seem to think that whining about something over and over and over again and often getting really worked up about it is simply disappointment. There are levels to this shit.

I address this in my previous post.

Drago

Have we seen any Wario alts yet? I assume he'll have 4 Ware and 4 Classic/Land to match with everyone elses alt number, which would be kinda disappointing as that's less than Brawl's total number of alts for him.

Lunar15

I'm pretty happy with the roster. Considering Nintendo's DLC initiative with its evergreen games, I know it'll get some new characters in the future.

Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. look like really fun characters to play.

There are some weird character choices that were clearly chosen to just fill out the roster and I'm still kind of miffed at some veterans (particularly old clones) not getting new moves.

So where does that put me?

A reasonable human being who can express emotions beyond extremes.

Everyone who has a loved character or characters cut will always be sad. But we'll get over it sooner or later. We can always remember the good times, play the older games. Plus now we have the dream of DLC to keep us going.

Yeah, I hope the people who have favorite characters cut don't take it too harshly. I can't imagine how disappointing that would be. Gosh! Never give up hope, guys! :)

Hikami

Also, with confirmation that Smash Run is local only, I'm back to unsure whether I'm going to get the 3DS version at all or just wait it out for the Wii U one. I wish we had more info on that one.

I may just skip the 3DS version then.. Smash Run looked fun but no online play kinda sucks.
I could play with friends sure, but they don't all live in my city you know..

SuperSah

Banned
Gema went to sleep now.

After the stream, my hype is through the roof.

Game looks outstanding. Cannot wait to get my ass handed to by Master Core.

Blizzard

Banned
Also does anyone else think DHD looks shit (graphically) on the 3DS?

I thought he look really low poly in comparison to other characters and the textures seemed a bit bad (mainly talking about the dalmation alt here, the screen resolution doesn't do it any favours).
I don't; I thought almost everything the dog looked great, though I did not see the dalmation alt on a source-quality gameplay stream. The animation in particular is lovely.

Qblivion

I had a dream I got to play smash 3ds. fought luigi, but he didn't so much fight and just whine about not being as important as mario.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Glad to hear it. I'm actually a bit torn up about Lucas being gone, but I hope everyone gets to enjoy Smash 4.

PBalfredo

Now that we're getting full roster unlocks, the real question going forward is how do the custom movesets effect the characters? Do clones like Ganon get customs that help distinguish them in significant ways? Will the moves of our dearly departed characters live on in custom moves?

Timeaisis

Many, many pages back there was a rumor that Ridley is unlockable by linking 3DS and Wii U versions of the games.

It was from a journalist who got the info from a friend in localization. Was that ever debunked?

Do we know that Ness doesn't have Lucas' specials as custom moves? Lucas' normals are gone, obviously, but his specials could still be in the game.

Could be could be... I'm keeping my expectation low though. Custom moves could also have saved Ganondorf, give him non-clone moves as well as his Falcondorf moves so people who main as him and like his fighting style can keep it.

Andrin

While I had hoped that Ridley would be playable and am sad that my favourite (Lucas) is gone I really can't complain about the roster this time. There are so many new fighters who look really fun and different to play as. I'm having a really hard time trying to decide who to go for. Now I just want to see the WiiU exclusive stages and single player mode(s?) and I'll be all set.

Ness got taken, but I'll do alt costumes and colors of every char over the following 3 weeks as well.

Would it be ok for me to request Fierce Diety Link if no one's taken him yet?

Zomba13

So seeing as Mii Fighter was a starter, I wonder why they weren't on the ESRB leak. It was probably the reason the lock was an All star.
Probably the machine used to capture the footage didn't have any Miis created so you couldn't choose Mii Fighter thus the lock on all-star mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom