• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
1Z5cF8F.png

pV7BJi3.png

daily-en.jpg

If you are behind in daily images, then click this link to go to catch up.
If you want to know more information about Smash Bros 4, and release date then click this link to check the information out.

t1416556800z4.png

k12G040.png

2jAj0gc.png

Sfc28nu.png

Hwe9riJ.png

NO MORE TRIPPING!
3DS and Wii U mightn't release at same time.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS are finalized name.
No Touchscreen
Speed will be between Melee and Brawl + NO DLC
Cutting down Characters' abilities
No Alt costume and No Cross Play
Namco-Bandai Characters
Characters Cutting and Mega Man and Capcom relationship
GameSpot Interview
Pokemon Smash
Not enough time to bring every characters
Difference between SSB for 3DS and Wii U
Good Article - Recommended to Read

GvzTddf.png

Trailer
SSB Wii U and 3DS E3 Trailer
Newcomer Trailer - Mega Man
Second Trailer w/ WiiFit Trainer
Wii Fit Trainer's Reveal, Wii Fit Trainer moveset, Sakurai's match
Director Direct - Sakurai on SSB Wii U and 3DS
Sonic Trailer - HD
Rosalina and Luma Trailer - HD
Little Mac Trailer - HD
Greninja - HD
Smash Direct
Palutena - HD
Pac Man - HD
Robin and Lucina - HD
Shulk - HD

Lists 
Collection of Reveal Dates
List of Items
List of Assist Trophies
List of confirmed franchises
List of Pokeballs Pokemon
List of Directs and Thread Informations
Summary of Development

Previous Threads
1st Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!
2nd Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 2: Where Pilotwings is apparently Minecraft
3rd Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!
4th Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments
5th Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 5: Yarning for Yoshi
6th Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: No Yeah for you today, Mr. Sakurai
7th Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 7: How Can My Smash Brother Be This Cut
8th Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 8: It's been a year
9th Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
10th Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!
11th Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong
12th Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.
13th Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty
14th Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life
15th Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition
16th Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XVI
17th Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: JP and Demo Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS
1st OT Thread - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT|
2nd OT Thread - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT2| Nintendo All-Stars Battle Quarter Pounder

IRC Chat
Server: irc.rizon.net
Channel: #SmashGAF
Mibbit Link to Chat

atr0cious

Did anyone else just see on the Treehouse stream, Robin sent Donkey Kong floating off the top of the screen at 44%? What was that?

EhoaVash

I'm already bored of the 3DS version demo ._.

but I need wii u version asap...might consider skipping 3DS version now that i played the demo

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Last thread lasted 3 days. This might last uh... 4 days?
I think it'll slow down again. I think the intention is this is going to be PotD and Smash speculation thread. The last thread suffered heavily from the early streams showing us the final build of the game.

I'm strangely having a blast with Villager. Just a fun character to use. Odd considering I thought I'd hate him/her. Haha. A bit hard to use. I find the Sprouting of the tree and the chopping of it down, or planting it to full and using the axe to be their best kill moves.
Also, shorthop > Dair > Dair is really good if you can get 3 turnips for all the dairs.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm already bored of the 3DS version demo ._.

but I need wii u version asap...might consider skipping 3DS version now that i played the demo
It's one stage and five characters. You can't even change the rules. You barely scratching the surface of the 3DS version.

Also apparently customisation of fighters is exclusive to the 3DS version.

JediLink

I think this might be the first time I ever make the first page. Also, I kind of miss the fun thread titles.

Murrah

Banned
So now that 3DS version is out, will the pictures of the day become Wii U only? I'm getting real curious about what modes Sakurai's keeping secret in that one

B2B50

Neo Member
New thread already, wow.
The demo is fun, and the 3ds version works better than I thought actually.

I know this is a Wii U-centric discussion, but I want to know - any Asssist Trophies in the 3DS version that haven't already been seen in the Wii U version?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So now that 3DS version is out, will the pictures of the day become Wii U only? I'm getting real curious about what modes Sakurai's keeping secret in that one
Still plenty of 3DS stuff the PotD haven't covered. Like stages and hidden characters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I know this is a Wii U-centric discussion, but I want to know - any Asssist Trophies in the 3DS version that haven't already been seen in the Wii U version?
Easier to ask if any of the Wii U assists we seen have not appeared in the 3DS version.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So are we expecting the Wii U to have a smash run equivalent? If so, what could it be?

I hope so.

That last thread flew by so fast!

Yeah, only 2 days and half!

Hmm.

Sheriff, Advance Wars, Jeff, Kat & Ana, Prince Sable, and some.

Toxi

Banned
Yeah, all I've heard is one post (though maybe they said something on the Treehouse stream while I wasn't paying attention) so I'm going to wait for the official word on the matter.
Since Palutena's entire gimmick requires the customization screen, it's very unlikely that it would ever be 3DS only.

Will still get 3ds pics for unlockable characters and some for the few unrevealed modes like the tin pin slammer (seriously WHAT is that?) but should mostly be wiiu by the us release of smash 3ds

RM8

I'm incredibly surprised by the 3DS demo. Not that I thought it'd be bad, but it's perfect. My OG 3DS doesn't feel too small, the game runs and looks flawlessly, characters got balanced in a way that actually makes sense, Mega Man FREAKING ROCKS, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom