• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Community Thread and |OT|

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Anyone competitive/serious in this thread?

Is all that kind of discussion quarantined to Discord?

I've put in over 170 hours, and love playing many of the characters...but rarely ever play extensively with any one particular fighter. I'm pretty decent with many of them and completed all the challenges, but I'm hardly pro level. :)

Porcile

Did they bump down the WoL difficulty in the new patch? I'm walking through it on the hardest setting after not playing it since the patch.

Yagami_Sama

I don't know if, it is just me, but I am not enjoying World of Light. Playing classic is great and very fun, even on higher difficulty, but world of Light is not working for me. Even on the Spirit board, some challenges are too random for me, and liberate the spirits, shooting the gun on the right time, is also something I don't like.

Since I already unlocked all characters. I am seriously considering drop this mode.

iconmaster

Banned
Did they bump down the WoL difficulty in the new patch? I'm walking through it on the hardest setting after not playing it since the patch.

I haven't heard anything about that, and finding it pretty tough even on Normal. You may just be that good. :)

It does get easier as you go along, since you're gaining stronger spirits and fleshing out your skill tree. (I heal from Smash attacks now, which is... fairly OP.)

iconmaster

Banned
Who's her main? :)

She's actually pretty flexible with fighters. Toon Link, Sheik, and Isabelle mainly.

(I main Belmonts, Ridley and Plant myself. I love that Plant. So fun to play.)

Edit: confused Isabelle and Villager. Understandably.

Last edited:

Yagami_Sama

We barely got the 2.0 and they already the 3.0 version. I think is fair to think that Joker and the second DLC character might be included on this update.

I wish they add Octo Boy / Girl as the Inkling echo.

iconmaster

Banned
Something to do with Leaf Shield right? Or maybe his pellets.

I watched a video on it a while back. What I could understand is that it was unintentionally possible to cancel and reactivate Mega Man’s specials while keeping up a barrage of pellets. So you could essentially come at your opponent with two attacks simultaneously.

zenspider

365 hours logged. My GSP is hovering around 1.5 million (Lucario, DDD). I can feel my game 'level up' every so often. I'm still too cute coming back to stage, and I need to get more mastery over my characters, but the fundamentals are coming together, and I can focus on my opponent for longer periods.

Getting deep into Smash has paid dividends. I am enjoying this game more and more every day. I can see my backlog piling behind it.

I'm so close to Elite Smash but It keeps staying out of my reach. :(

What's the GSP for elite now?

Shouta

365 hours logged. My GSP is hovering around 1.5 million (Lucario, DDD). I can feel my game 'level up' every so often. I'm still too cute coming back to stage, and I need to get more mastery over my characters, but the fundamentals are coming together, and I can focus on my opponent for longer periods.

Getting deep into Smash has paid dividends. I am enjoying this game more and more every day. I can see my backlog piling behind it.

What's the GSP for elite now?

It's like 4.1 mil or so.

kunonabi

Really sucks that we're stuck with the shitty American voices and no music from P1 and P2. His mechanics also seem kind of lackluster but maybe the trailer didnt show them off well.

Good job otherwise and Mementos turned out much better than I expected.

Saruhashi

Banned

Wow, that's extremely poor behavior from the guy storming off when he's down to his last stock and under pressure.

Getting up and leaving the match should be a forfeit of the match. You shouldn't get to come back and say "I walked away because an audience member was annoying me so let's have a do-over",

If coaching is illegal then disqualify, and maybe suspend, the dude being coached after the fact.

I don't see how you can expect to control what the crowd is allowed to shout at these events (outside of offensive things etc).
Maybe have the audience be silent during the matches?

This guy Marss comes off like a petty little prick here.

Imagine any other competitive event where competitors can literally storm off when they are losing and everyone is like "oh no it's OK maybe we'll just reset back to 0-0 and start over" (which was their first suggestion).

zenspider

Really sucks that we're stuck with the shitty American voices and no music from P1 and P2. His mechanics also seem kind of lackluster but maybe the trailer didnt show them off well.

Good job otherwise and Mementos turned out much better than I expected.

Spot on with the trailer, and ditto with the US VO, but that goes for all of the Smash characters and assists.

Joker's actually pretty interesting and super fun to play with.

His neutral B has cool movement options that can be really tricky, his air game is sick, and having two distinct gameplans revolving around Arsene is very cool.

Rebel's Guard is probably the most interesting "counter" in the game. It mitigates a ton of damage and all knockback. You also have to time the buttom release to hit your opponent adding some element of skill.
It's really somethimg you can play around constantly, unlike other counters which really don't pay off the risk/reward more than occasionally in a match. I think certain matchups will revolve around it.

Sakura

Does any one know if you can buy DLC from a different region store and use it for the Smash Bros you have on your region? A friend gave me a 50 dollar Nintendo store card, but it is for the Canadian store and I have a Japanese Switch. I know you can buy games from different regions.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Does any one know if you can buy DLC from a different region store and use it for the Smash Bros you have on your region? A friend gave me a 50 dollar Nintendo store card, but it is for the Canadian store and I have a Japanese Switch. I know you can buy games from different regions.
Don't think that works. You may compare the numbers on the carts of the japanese and other versions to make sure.

Last edited:
Just recently completed this game (to my satisfaction, at least) by finishing up World of Light on Hard mode. Dang, the last 3 battles / bosses are no joke. I think I spent close to 10 hours just getting good enough to defeat them. I'd say Galeem was the hardest for me, but the combo battle was pretty close. This is right up there with some of the toughest gaming challenges I've ever done; it was very satisfying to finally finish! By comparison, clearing the 124 challenges on the Challenge Board was relatively easy.

Definitely my favorite Smash Bros. game to date.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
They really need to tease something else quick. The waiting game for the dlc is pretty fucking boring right now. Shitty stage builder and joker just isn’t enough. They need to really. Add some new mode from left field at this point, but I doubt we will even get the home run contest or smash run mode that we deserve at this point.

Top Bottom