• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC character Banjo & Kazooie launch today, Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury launches in November (Updated)

Mista

Banned
Smash-Banjo-Terry_09-04-19.jpg

Banjo & Kazooie will launch as a downloadable content character for Super Smash Bros. Ultimatelater today, and Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury will launch in November, Nintendo announced. Additionally, the company announced that more downloadable content fighters are in development outside of the five characters included in the Fighters Pass.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is available now for Switch.

Watch a new set of trailers below:

Mr. Sakurai Presents “Banjo & Kazooie”

Breaking News: The Challenger (Terry Bogard)

Mii Fighter Costumes #3

Gematsu

Update: Terry Bogard May Get Released on 1st of November

Mista Mista

People are saying perhaps November 1st if you want to update your OP :) or make a new one.. sorry for the bump!

Last edited:

Belmonte

Awesome, Terry is my favorite SNK character! I was expecting they would choose a more metrosexual character like Kyo, but I'm glad they chose the South Town Hero.

Can't escape the Bogard hard on that SNK have...they even forced him in a game about the Women in the SNK games.

Disappointed really but expected.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
lol he stated that you should play banjo kazooie on the switch. If you liked the game.
common nintendo just put it on the damn switch

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It is gonna be fucking Terry. No way is Nintendo putting a girl in. Terry is the most famous SNK character. Unless it is Athena. Or Kula. But no.

82Z39Co.jpg

But Samus shits all over Mai!
Told ya'll.

Ryu_Joestar

With more characters going to be added, Sakurai really wants to make Smash the Ultimate (sorry for the word pun) videogame celebration, not only Nintendo's.

I will be really happy if a PlayStation character makes his way at this point

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
Hey, the Sans mii outfit also comes with a Megalovania music track you can use. That’s neat. Do any of the other costumes come with music? I might actually consider buying some if that’s the case.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
As Terry Bogard would say in Engrish

"RET'S PARTY!"

89px-Terry-ok2.gif
MJmO8Bc.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

iconmaster

Banned
Max knows from Terry Bogard:

I didn't realize Sakurai had already demonstrated some SNK gameplay, which you can catch in that video.

Pejo

Hoping he gets an outfit as his female self from SNK Heroines at least. I don't mind FF getting a nod in Smash, especially since they also announced that there will be additional DLC characters after this pack. Ironically he looks way better in Smash than he does in KoFXIV.

Last edited:

NT80

This must be the largest number of guest character appearances from one company in other companies games in a gen.
SNK characters are in:

Smash Bros Ultimate
Tekken 7
Fighting Layer EX
Million Arthur
Dead or Alive 6
Soul Calibur 6
King of combat/Xuan Dou Zhi Wang

Not sure if I missed any but the list keeps growing. SNK must be selling it's characters real cheap.

Holgren

I hope the next season is just Nintendo characters. I want secondary characters represented. For example: Duster, Majora's Mask (3rd Final boss form), Rawk Hawk, Geno, maybe someone from Golden Sun?

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

Sora, Dante, Kratos, Crash Bandicoot, are the last of the big boys

Then maybe characters like D.Va, and Ratchet and Clank would fit
Leon and Doomslayer would'nt fit to me but who knows.

Last edited:
I hope the next season is just Nintendo characters. I want secondary characters represented. For example: Duster, Majora's Mask (3rd Final boss form), Rawk Hawk, Geno, maybe someone from Golden Sun?
I agree, my picks would be Geno, Majora, Samurai Goroh, Mike Jones and Black Shadow.

Ryu Kaiba

Other than Geno Nintendo seems done with their own characters which is fine, that would be disappointing. Its most exciting when its a character Nintendo can't easily obtain since all their main players are already there.
These other characters Duster? Rawk Hawk? Samurai Goroh? Mike Jones? Black Shadow? 0 chance

Other than Geno Nintendo seems done with their own characters which is fine, that would be disappointing. Its most exciting when its a character Nintendo can't easily obtain since all their main players are already there.
These other characters Duster? Rawk Hawk? Samurai Goroh? Mike Jones? Black Shadow? 0 chance
Mike Jones and Samurai Goroh are much more important to Nintendo fans than Pirahna Plant and Greninja.

Nintendo Characters eh? I can think of a few.

Jill - Drill Dozer (we need another GF Rep)
Saki - Sin & Punishment
Ribbon Girl - ARMS
Labo Robot - Labo
Mona - WarioWare
Someone from Magical Vacation

kunonabi

There are still Nintendo characters worth adding but not as DLC. Besides you just know Sakurai would add pokemon and FE characters anyway.

As I said in the other thread there are still some 3rd party gaps to fill anyway.

Tecmo Koei - Hayabusa
Taito - Bub & Bob
Hudson - Bomberman/Master Higgins
Level 5 - Professor Layton
Technos - Billy&Jimmy Lee/Kunio-Kun
Lara Croft
Travis Touchdown
Scorpion

Last edited:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Having weird feelings having more characters added outside of the five (5) agreed upon since release of the Fighters Pass is not going to work out that well... hopefully Nintendo doesn't go the route most other companies (cough Blizzard) go in terms of balancing new additions, as well as making considerations to the original paradigm arrangements.

Top Bottom