• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighter Pack 2 - Who do you want?

Thabass

With the last Smash fighter for pack #1 in the books, we have completed the first fighter pack.

So, GAF, who do you want as your fighters in the next series of fighters?

For me and this is in no order:

• Revali from Breath of the Wild
  • Waluigi
  • Amertasu from Okami
  • Sephiroth
  • Dante from DMC
  • Travis Touchdown
Master Chief.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
I'll second Ryu Hayabusa. I'm playing The Messenger right now and boy it feels good to get back into that side-scrolling ninja action.

ninja-gaiden-nes-png-11.gif

Waluigi because he'd be a hilarious addition, and not just for the memes. I imagine his playstyle being off the rails.

Doomguy because hell yes.

Minecraft Steve because, though I don't care about the character, Minecraft has earned a place in the celebration of gaming that Smash has become.

Edit: oh, also Chun Li.

e8131c4391ff615c29acec9569c4a85c.gif

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Hunter from Bloodborne
Cuphead (not a Mii costume)
Kratos
Jill Valentine
Geralt of Rivia
L-piece (Tetris)
Octane (Rocket League)
Locke Cole

Shaqazooloo

Alfonse or Sharena from Fire Emblem Heroes, because I want the internet to explode, bonus points if one of the costumes is Easter Alfonse.

I would actually like to see Travis Touchdown, Ivan from Devil's Third (yes i'm serious!) and Springman from ARMS

Pejo

Doesn't matter who we want, it's going to be whichever marketing opportunity is relevant at the time they're releasing.
And at least 3 Fire Emblem sword users

garballax

some of these have don't a chance but here's my dream list:
- 2B
- Steve & Alex
- Solaire of Astora
- Hatsune Miku
- Arle
- Crash Bandicoot

93xfan

Banned
Crash Bandicoot
Lara Croft
Master Chief
Ryu (Ninja Gaiden)
Will/Freedan (Illusion of Gaia)
Jill Valentine

Alternate:
Billy/Jimmy Lee (Double Dragon)

for the last one, maybe both on screen at the same time, aka Ice Clibers

Last edited:

kunonabi

Technos - Billy/Jimmy Lee or Kunio-Kun

Tecmo-Koei - Hayabusa or Kasumi although I'd personally prefer Angelique

Taito - Bub/Bob or Kunoichi

Level-5 - Professor Layton or Yo-kai whatever

Lara Croft

Scorpion

Travis Touchdown

Hudson - Bomberman

Ganon

That would pretty much be a perfect roster as far as I'm concerned.

ExpandKong

Banned
Who I'd like:

Travis Touchdown (sword user reeeeeee it's like swords are common weapons or something)
Phoenix Wright
Dante
Master Chief
Ryu Hayabusa
Another Zelda rep (Tetra? Skullkid? idk)

What I'm expecting:

Pokemon rep (probably the grass or water starter from SwSH)
Stupid Minecraft guy
Young Marth
Harry Potter
Dark Lucina
A piece of shit

Doesn't matter who we want, it's going to be whichever marketing opportunity is relevant at the time they're releasing.

Ah yes, I remember that hot new Banjo-Kazooie game that came out last year as well.

ExpandKong

Banned
Are we being big brained and ignoring the other 4, or...?

I mean if you want me to break them down:

Joker: this one's arguable I guess because of Persona Q2, even though the stage is from Persona 5 which is as yet not coming to Switch at all (and P5 Scramble is coming out more than a year after Joker was added to the roster)

Hero: His primary skin and the stage are both from DQXI, yes, but try to tell me Dragon Quest didn't deserve a rep.

Terry: I guess KOF XIV is coming out on Switch this year? But watch that presentation again and listen to the way Sakurai talks about KOF and SNK and tell me it was a marketing ploy and not something he was super passionate about. They added 50 music tracks lol

Banjo: This one's purely to appease the fans.

Byleth: Three Houses came out six months ago and Byleth wasn't announced til yesterday. Pretty sure Sakurai is just a Fire Emblem fan and, like Pokemon, likes adding a rep from the newest game to each entry.

So the marketing angle is...I'd say arguable at best. The best example there is probably Joker but the idea that they'd include him to help sell a Persona spinoff on 3DS in 2019 or a Persona 5 spinoff on Switch more than a year later seems silly to me.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Twinrova (TLOZ series)
Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Shy Guy or Boo either one would be great imo
Would love to see Master Chief but I doubt I'd play him much (Halo)
Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
I know it wont happen but playing as Marcus Fenix would incredible, even if he is largely out of place

He's so gruff and the ultimate soldier on so many levels, it wouldn't make sense to see him fighting somebody like Kirby or Puff haha

NAI1210

A little off topic and although one of my picks was petra from fire emblem three houses I would love an arc systems one on one or 3 on 3 2d fighting game 😳

Cutty Flam

Banned
I´m open for pretty much everyone at this point. Would love to see Crash Bandicoot in here as he deserves it imo.
Dr. Robotnik would have been cool and interesting, but it´s doubtful as he´s already a spirit.
Since Isaac is also an Assist Trophy, maybe Felix could be added. I love Golden Sun to death as my personal best game of all time and believe it should be represented - best case scenario would be the announcement of a new entry.

Dante can also get in, sure. He would fit in really well imo and I think Phoenix Wright would be interesting in his moveset, unique and well deserved due to his history with Nintendo handhelds. Can you imagine the courtroom as a stage? Awesome.
Then there´s also Resident Evil. I hate that franchise cause I hate horror in general. But yeah, Resident Evil is kinda important to gaming and could bring a fun stage with it.

If they´re going to do another Fire Emblem character let it be Anna already. She´s the mascot of the franchise lol
How can you hate Survival Horror? I don't believe it. You've never played a Resident Evil game?

Ikutachi

Felix (Golden Sun)
Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
Meloetta (Pokemon)
Toon Ganondorf (Zelda)
Rawk Hawk (Paper Mario)
Cecil (Final Fantasy)

woopWOOP

Got my real wants long ago, so I'm fine with pretty much everything at this point. Even another Fire Emblem character. ... Maybe.

Old stuff like Bubble Bobble, Ghosts 'n Goblins and Kunio-kun would be neat and I can see those have somewhat of a chance, but I'm not really expecting or hoping too hard.

some of these have don't a chance but here's my dream list:
- 2B
- Steve & Alex
- Solaire of Astora
- Hatsune Miku
- Arle
- Crash Bandicoot
Ya know what would be sick? if Crash got into Smash Bros. and his reveal trailer was that old commercial where he's talking smack outside of NOA, but it ends with a bunch of costumed Nintendo smash characters coming out to whoop his ass.

brian0057

Banned
  • Adam Jensen or J.C. Denton (Deus Ex).
  • Crash Bandicoot (Naughty Dog's only good games).
  • Garret (Thief).
  • Doom guy (Obviously).
  • The Z piece from Tetris.
  • Tyrant or Nemesis (Resident Evil).
  • Literally Tony Hawk (Tony Hawk Pro Skater).

Neff

Chris Redfield (+ Jill Valentine echo)
Bub 'n' Bob
Kazuya Mishima
Goemon
Wonder-Red
Lance Gryzor

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Despite getting Smash at launch I only play it on the holidays or two days a year now. Whatever comes out I prob won't even get honestly. So yeah one more year of rosterbegging threads across the internet. Sakurai is a troll.

Rran

How about ol' Phoenix Wright? Awesome series.

Plus, we need to talk about Smash's problematic lack of lawyer representation. It's 2020, for crying out loud.

cabbage5k2

Just add Rex into the bloody game already. Or add Tiki if you must absolutely add another Fire Emblem character. At leas that way we actually get a character that'd play quite differently from all the sword lord characters.

Top Bottom