• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

GamerSoul

As weird as it is, theyre just having fun. heh. ANd nah the sim stuff is not the best idea. lol

So...anyone else notice that we're a couple of months away from SSB4 being released and yet we don't even know what the killer features in this one are supposed to be? By this point in time with SSBB, we had heard about SSE and the 36 composers for the game.

But with SSB4, we have diddly squat.

Sakurai is probably trying to keep more information under wraps this time around so that there are more surprises. I'm also interested in what features this game will have. He has not mentioned the WiiU-3DS connectivity ideas for a while now. There were also talk about how there could be some type of character customization but who knows at this point. And I think we're not getting this game that soon.

So...anyone else notice that we're a couple of months away from SSB4 being released and yet we don't even know what the killer features in this one are supposed to be? By this point in time with SSBB, we had heard about SSE and the 36 composers for the game.

By this point in time with Brawl the Dojo hadn't even started. Not really sure how people are forgetting how barren Brawl was for news in '06 outside of the E3 trailer with jack all gameplay and Fox reveal before mid '07.

At this point we had 11 characters known for Brawl, and didn't start getting more known until Bowser was revealed... A couple months before E3 2007 I want to say? With SSB4 at a much earlier point we already have 21 characters shown off, in relation to when it was revealed.

EDIT: Only thing you can really say is that Brawl showed off more newcomers than SSB4 did at its announcement, and even then after the Christmas Direct it's only off by one character.

Fiktion

Banned
I've got an idea for the Pac Man reveal trailer.

Luigi is creeping around a mansion with the Poltergeist out. A floorboard creaks. He looks startled, and then the camera pans back to reveal a bunch of other Smash characters in the same pose. A Pac Man ghost appears from an adjacent hallway, everyone is freaked out, and then they turn around to see a yellow figure. Titlecard: Pac Man Hungers For Battle!

Masked Man

I said wow
Really hoping that we get as extensive a soundtrack as we did for Brawl. I can't wait to hear the new music! I'd also personally love it if they included the original tracks for all arrangements they create.

Of course, the easiest and best option would be a customizable soundtrack, but we all know that's not happening...

FYC

Banned
That would make me like Sonic's moveset in comparison.

Dear lord if that happens..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX8KVKA08sw

Really hoping that we get as extensive a soundtrack as we did for Brawl. I can't wait to hear the new music! I'd also personally love it if they included the original tracks for all arrangements they create.

Of course, the easiest and best option would be a customizable soundtrack, but we all know that's not happening...

Yup, very excited for the soundtrack! The Brawl OST is amazing.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ay7IqpZ.gif

U4qoSk9.gif

Sakurai makes the fanart for us

I can't believe I'm now expecting a Daily Pic where Peach steals Dedede from Zelda.

Zelda has a fat fetish.

What if instead of Subspace Emissary we get a dating sim mode :O?

Z3tEpFa.gif

Please don't get our beloved thread locked. :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Or worse, sent to Community.

I'm not sure if they can do that. Community is mainly for the games that are released, not announced games with lack of information (Smash 4 from 2011 to 2013), or series community. This thread is for daily image, which would be update for 5 days. every week until the game got released. I think it's possible that moderator would lock the thread for few days if people are getting out of control.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Don't worry I have a policeman in the room with me reading all of my posts before I click submit.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
if you genuinely expect this thing to drop in march then you're fuckin' mental

And I think we're not getting this game that soon.

That seems a little overly optimistic.

By this point in time with Brawl the Dojo hadn't even started. Not really sure how people are forgetting how barren Brawl was for news in '06 outside of the E3 trailer with jack all gameplay and Fox reveal before mid '07.

At this point we had 11 characters known for Brawl, and didn't start getting more known until Bowser was revealed... A couple months before E3 2007 I want to say? With SSB4 at a much earlier point we already have 21 characters shown off, in relation to when it was revealed.

EDIT: Only thing you can really say is that Brawl showed off more newcomers than SSB4 did at its announcement, and even then after the Christmas Direct it's only off by one character.

I thought the game was supposed to be coming out in March/April? How long are we expecting to wait for this bitch to be released?

I'm not sure if they can do that. Community is mainly for the games that are released, not announced games with lack of information (Smash 4 from 2011 to 2013), or series community. This thread is for daily image, which would be update for 5 days. every week until the game got released. I think it's possible that moderator would lock the thread for few days if people are getting out of control.
An unreleased game thread being sent to Community happened to one of the first Pokémon X & Y threads if I remember correctly. But you're right. The daily images should be plenty of new information to keep this in Gaming... for now.

Gartooth

I thought the game was supposed to be coming out in March/April? How long are we expecting to wait for this bitch to be released?

You might've mixed this up with Mario Kart 8's release. This game has a vague 2014 release so we don't know when. My own guess is September but we'll see...

Kandinsky

-Pokemon has a new stage, Lumoise city. My friend was asked to compose any pokemon music he would like, so he's making "The Sea of Time" from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time fit the setting.
LOL!

Give a big thanks to the 3DS version for that. (Bu, bu, but... the 3Ds version existing isnt doing harm to the real version being made. No, im sorry, but that's bollocks, even more knowing Sakurai has a huge problem with time when making his games).

Im pretty sure the game is going to get a worse treatment than Brawl if we are talking about content.

JazzmanZ

Give a big thanks to the 3DS version for that. (Bu, bu, but... the 3Ds version existing isnt doing harm to the real version being made. No, im sorry, but that's bollocks, even more knowing Sakurai has a huge problem with time when making his games).

Im pretty sure the game is going to get a worse treatment than Brawl if we are talking about content.

Sakurai already said one version may be released later than the other.

PK Gaming

NJyxTz5.jpg

• Peach
  • Zelda
  • Samus
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Sheik
  • Nana
  • Jigglypuff
  • Pikachu
  • Lucario
Sounds enough.

Also it's all about slash pairing.
Smash Pikachu is a male (it lacks the notch on its tail), and Lucario is clearly male, given its voice.

I don't think there's such a thing as "enough" in regards to female characters in fighting games. It's ultimately up to the Sakurai, but i'm hoping that he makes a conscious effort to promote gender variety (Which he seems to be doing with the newcomers, whoo). Kind of want to avoid Brawl's sausage fest, lol.

Maldoror

Isn't it weird that they haven't revealed Captain Falcon yet ?
Am I crazy to think that they are saving him for a special occasion, like the announcement of a brand new F-Zero game ?

Isn't it weird that they haven't revealed Captain Falcon yet ?
Am I crazy to think that they are saving him for a special occasion, like the announcement of a brand new F-Zero game ?

For Brawl he wasn't revealed until after the game was out in Japan if I remember correctly. It's very possible he'll be a secret character again. If not, seriously just give him time, we haven't even gotten Yoshi yet.

Nia

I honestly never thought I'd hear someone say "I'm not buying Smash Bros. because Ashley from WarioWare isn't represented playably." Huge boycott demographic there, I bet.

As foolish as it may be, it has dampened my enthusiasm quite a bit, but further updates could turn things around for me. I just need something to raise my excitement again. Anyway, I won't fill up this topic with my complaints. I'm just disappointed. I'll come to deal with it myself. If I can accept Wii Fit Trainer, I guess I can get over this eventually.

Top Bottom