• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!

SmithnCo

Waluigi can't get in because he's not established well enough in any game universe to even have an icon to use for Smash bros.

It could be a tennis racket or something to pass it off as a Mario sports/spinoff rep, but yeah. But it would probably just be a mushroom like Dr. Mario had.

hey ddr mario mix was a fun game

also waluigi wasn't even the main villain, he was like the 4th stage or something

he had sweet moves and you danced off against him to wrecking crew music tho

-Horizon-

How did Waluigi get so darn "popular" that he's being requested to be playable? Or are we just looking for an antithesis to Luigi to play as?

Clov

If Waluigi were to get in, just give him the upside down L on his hat as his icon. No need to group him in Mario or Wario; he can be on his own just fine.

Ryce

If Waluigi were to get in, just give him the upside down L on his hat as his icon. No need to group him in Mario or Wario; he can be on his own just fine.
Not really, considering the icons represent franchises and Waluigi doesn't have his own. He'd just be given the Mario series icon like his Brawl Assist Trophy.

Waluigi's never going to be playable, though.

Wait, I'm not the only person to have played that game?!? :eek:

I love my DDR man. Game was ok, but could of been better. Also this is like....the only time he was involved in any mario story right?

SkullHydra, how long till your stuck with that avatar? I thought it was only a week....unless my internal clock is lagging again.

Clov

Not really, considering the icons represent franchises and Waluigi doesn't have his own. He'd just be given the Mario series icon like his Brawl Assist Trophy.

Waluigi's never going to be playable, though.

Eh, I could still see him getting his own. Just to distinguish him from the main Mario franchise characters. Maybe even give him a tennis racket as an icon.

As for his inclusion, never say never! Especially when it comes to Super Smash Bros.

Gartooth

Sorry if I tend to antagonize the character here often, but I really don't see the appeal of Waluigi and it seems like people gravitate towards him as a meme and a kind of joke or troll character rather than because they are a fan of the character himself. I guess the question I want to ask is, how would you want him to be represented as a character in terms of moveset, etc.? (basically is he anything more to you than a guy who just slaps his crotch area over and over...)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Sorry if I tend to antagonize the character here often, but I really don't see the appeal of Waluigi and it seems like people gravitate towards him as a meme and a kind of joke or troll character rather than because they are a fan of the character himself. I guess the question I want to ask is, how would you want him to be represented as a character in terms of moveset, etc.? (basically is he anything more to you than a guy who just slaps his crotch area over and over...)

No worries, everyone know that I dislike the idea of Waluigi being playable character.

-Horizon-

I just like Waluigi because his Dick Dastardly-esque design and personality harkens back to the classic Western cartoon inspired roots of the Mario series and is in general just a lot of silly fun.

I have no strong feelings one way or another about whether or not he "deserves" to be in Smash or whatever that means.

Speaking of Garchomp...we could have Cynthia as another playable trainer with Garchomp, Lucario and maybe Glaceon? I dunno, would be cool to have another trainer.

I'd really like to see a rival trainer or member of the elite 4 or something to that effect who has more sinister pokemon. I haven't followed Pokemon very closely since gen 2 honestly but off the top of my head it would be neat if he used Gengar, Tyranitar and Zoroark. It's also am elegant solution to adding more Pokemon without dedicating a dozen character slots to the franchise.

Caladrius

I'd say somewhere between a representative of the Mario spinoffs (which ironically make up about 70% of all Mario games and have no shortage of potential as far as moves go, ranging from the Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis.) And a character that uses confusing (and I don't mean super-fast animations like G&W, I mean legitimately disorienting and deceptive moves, such as ones that have similar startup animations or cause Waluigi to change position ) moves that trip up opponents and let Waluigi get the upper hand.

Waluigi is a vicious trickster and bad sport first and foremost. His fighting style would need to be appropriately dirty and contemptuous. (I was pleased that they made his Assist Trophy curbstomp and batter his opponents like crazy.) Waluigi would do anything to win and try to validate himself.

Gotta admit that that is the perfect taunt lol.

I read that quote thinking you edited it to tell me to look at the smash site. >__<

I love my DDR man. Game was ok, but could of been better. Also this is like....the only time he was involved in any mario story right?

SkullHydra, how long till your stuck with that avatar? I thought it was only a week....unless my internal clock is lagging again.
I totally forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder.

After Rosalina, if Waluigi got in I'd be fine with it. I like the character and find him hilarious in the spin-off games, but he is something of a blank canvas and his constant appearances in a lot of non-major Mario games would make him being in Smash fairly anti-climatic.

Besides the (inevitable IMO) 3rd DK rep, I think a 2nd Wario rep more along the lines of a Wario Ware girl or even Captain Syrup if they went obscure would be a lot more interesting despite obviously being more obscure.

PsychBat!

Banned
daily.jpg

Top Bottom