• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. : Wii U release date to be revealed during Friday's Treehouse Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySeuss

Ubi announces Watch_Dogs release date for Nov 18th, coincidently right before this. I'm betting this gets released on Nov 16th or 23rd and Ubi found out and didn't want WD to get completely lost(even though nobody cares).

NateDrake

Ubi announces Watch_Dogs release date for Nov 18th, coincidently right before this. I'm betting this gets released on Nov 16th or 23rd and Ubi found out and didn't want WD to get completely lost(even though nobody cares).

Nintendo usually releases on Friday now. So either Nov. 7, 14, or 21 are possibilities.

kewlmyc

Forgot about the Amiibo line. Yeah, they're not going to launch the toys only to have the game come out weeks or months later.

Platy

"thanks for the preorders for the 3ds version ..... they are now locked and can't be refunded. Also, Smash Bros for WiiU will be released next week"

Ubisioft is incredibly stupid. The delay was one thing but to push the game so close to 1st party release dates is moronic. Early October would''ve at least made some sense.

JoeM86

Do people really think Nintendo would not release this, and amiibo, by Black Friday? It won't be December in the US, guaranteed.

I hope they do a bundle with the GameCube adapter and console for $330. That seems reasonable.

Gotta agree with everyone who's saying November 21st. Makes too much sense.

The fact that they are revealing the Wii U launch date on the live stream implies to me that it will definitely be out this year just in time for "Holiday 2014". If it were being delayed, I'd expect them to announce the date via a press release with no fanfare.

I'm guessing November 21 like last year's big Nintendo title.

If it's not Friday, November 21st it'll be Sunday, November 23rd. Over the last 10 years, Nintendo has released almost all of their big holiday products on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving (and Black Friday). That would be Nov 23rd this year. However, last year did see the release of both Super Mario 3D World and Link Between Worlds two days prior on Friday the 22nd. That may signal a shift in their release planning for this year. The fact that Pokemon ORAS are coming out Nov 21 also points to that date. They also released two big titles (one Wii U one 3DS) on the same day last year.

2013 - Mario 3D World and Link Between Worlds on Friday Nov 22nd.
2012 - Wii U on Sunday, Nov 18
2011 - Skyward Sword on Sunday, Nov 20
2010 - DKC Returns on Sunday, Nov 21
2009 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii on Sunday, Nov 15 (two Sundays before Thanksgiving)
2008 - Animal Crossing City Folk on Sunday, Nov 16 (two Sundays before Thanksgiving)
2007 - Super Mario Galaxy on Monday, Nov 12
2006 - Wii Console on Sunday, Nov 19
2005 - Mario Kart DS on Monday, Nov 14 (also Mario & Luigi Partners in Time on Monday, Nov 28)
2004 - Nintendo DS Console on Sunday, Nov 21

Nintendo will not, I repeat, offer a Super Smash Wii U bundle at an MSRP of 299.99$ as many are claiming.

The bundles for the Holiday season have already been announced via Nintendo's PR:

- Walmart Exclusive Mario Kart 8 bundle 299.99$
- Super Mario 3D World bundle 299.99$

Nintendo does not profit in any way by having a Super Smash Bros Wii U bundle.

3DW or MK8... tough decision.

botty

Banned
yes lord!

Show me that november release date, Erik bae.
iwN9TbJc1uIof.gif

braves01

Banned
No chance in hell it comes out in 2015. Wii U would get slaughtered even more than it already will this holiday if that were the case.

Plasmid

November 18th get hype

If they released this AFTER christmas nintendo needs to hire a new strategist. They have to recoup with smash bros by christmas, if not before black friday.

Nintendo of America @NintendoAmerica · 17h
So happy you’re excited for Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ The Treehouse! The live stream of upcoming holiday titles starts at 10 AM PT on 9/12

Definitely no 2015.

Just saying that amiibo and Smash are vital to the Wii U's health this holiday, and for them to skip Black Friday would be suicide.

I don't know. You usually have a good intuition for this kind of stuff, but the Brawl release has made me really skeptical when it comes to Nintendo and what they should be doing. Would definitely love to see you right though. By the way did you see this posted in the other Smash thread?

f52.png

Lmao so awesome

Popnbake

Nintendo will not, I repeat, offer a Super Smash Wii U bundle at an MSRP of 299.99$ as many are claiming.

The bundles for the Holiday season have already been announced via Nintendo's PR:

- Walmart Exclusive Mario Kart 8 bundle 299.99$
- Super Mario 3D World bundle 299.99$

Nintendo does not profit in any way by having a Super Smash Bros Wii U bundle.

Mario Kart is a more popular series sales wise and they had a bundle along with a free game offer for Mario Kart 8.

This isn't just about Smash Wii U, they also have Amiibos to think about.

Smash Wii U will have to have something for a sales promotion and I think it should at least be a bundle that inlcudes a Wii U.

I don't know. You usually have a good intuition for this kind of stuff, but the Brawl release has made me really skeptical when it comes to Nintendo and what they should be doing. Would definitely love to see you right though. By the way did you see this posted in the other Smash thread?

f52.png

Lmao so awesome

Whenever I see the Brawl delay I have to point out that Mario Galaxy came out that holiday with Prime 3 out that August.

This holiday is Hyrule Warriors And Bayonetta 2.

They don't have any other major game to release.

Whenever I see the Brawl delay I have to point out that Mario Galaxy came out that holiday with Prime 3 out that August.

This holiday is Hyrule Warriors And Bayonetta 2.

They don't have any other major game to release.

Smash 3DS hasn't even come out yet. :p Loads of work and time went into that, and directly from the same department working on Smash Wii U. I think they'll need a bit more time to polish up the home console version.

JoeM86

f52.png

Lmao so awesome

Yeah, that image has been floating around for a few years. It's awesome

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Amiibos. They are not going to delay Smash U and send the entire toyline out to die.

Fans are gonna buy them regardless. The nfc aspect is icing on the cake. They could sell them tomorrow and they would be gone.

Santar

I'm very curious about what content will actually be in the Wii U version.
The 3DS ver. does seem to have a lot of single player focused content, would be a real shame if the Wii U ver. does not have this and comes out as a more bare bones version.
They haven't really shown anything substantial about the Wii U versions content as far as I know, kinda odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom